children left in cars

Somewhere to discuss things that don't fit into other categories.

Moderator: busrider

captainch
Favourite Vehicle: was 3533 m/o 687

children left in cars

Post by captainch »

After the sad death of a small girl left inside a car in 40 degree heat and death after 5 hours in the parents front yard ........2 days latter a small baby in a capsule and in another 2 twins 3 left in a hot car.....................these morons do not deserve to have children also its not unusual to see animals locked in cars at big shopping centres in TOWNSVILLE.I ALSO LOOK INTO CARS when shopping & have broken 6 cars in one year & called police! :roll: :evil:
"CAPTAIN.C.H "Lives in the home of "SUGAR CANE' not "chickens" :lol: :lol:.........."INGHAM NTH QLD"
TA3001
Favourite Vehicle: 1640. In service - 1738

Re: children left in cars

Post by TA3001 »

Wouldn't it be more sensible to call the cops first, and follow their advice? You could be charged with unlawful entry otherwise, especially if the owner is close by.

But it is sheer laziness on behalf of the parents/owners. I agree that they don't deserve kids if they want to treat them like cattle.

Although your 'tally' is nothing to brag about, as it is still technically a crime to smash a car window. I'd suggest keeping it discreet.
eddy

Post by eddy »

captainch wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:08 pm After the sad death of a small girl left inside a car in 40 degree heat and death after 5 hours in the parents front yard ........2 days latter a small baby in a capsule and in another 2 twins 3 left in a hot car.....................these morons do not deserve to have children also its not unusual to see animals locked in cars at big shopping centres in TOWNSVILLE.I ALSO LOOK INTO CARS when shopping & have broken 6 cars in one year & called police! :roll: :evil:
The windscreens are cheaper and more available than side windows people.
Parrahub, an extra option in the public transport menu http://www.parrahub.org.au/
ScaniaGrenda
Favourite Vehicle: Scania,Volvo or Mercedes Buses

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

I see where both of you come from and It's hard which side of the fence to be on. The right thing to do is call the police first however the clock has already started before you've even pulled your phone out to call 000 and unless you stay on the phone with 000 (emergency services) you don't exactly know when the cops / Ambulance is going to show up. Could be 15 - 20 minutes before they arrive and in that time the children / or any animals in the vehicle have suffered further extreme Heat exhaustion and could have further undiagnosed problems.

The main goal in any case is to get them out of the vehicle ASAP, ask 000 / emergency services if possible If you have permission to smash the window of the vehicle since the clock is ticking and as I mentioned they need to be taken out of the vehicle, not kept in there any further than they need to be. If you get permission to smash the window then in my opinion that should clear you of any instances where you can be charged with breaking and entering, your trying to rescue one (or more) lives not steal. If their more concerned about pressing charges because of a smashed window and thought you were trying to steal their minds are in the wrong place.
Transport enthusiast & photographer / videographer since 2016, documenting & preserving our local Transport History through videos & photos.
boronia
Favourite Vehicle: Ahrens Fox; GMC PD4107

Post by boronia »

eddy wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 3:04 pm The windscreens are cheaper and more available than side windows people.
Getting a car door open is a bit difficult through the windscreen.
Preserving fire service history
@ The Museum of Fire.
eddy

Post by eddy »

boronia wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 3:49 pm
eddy wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 3:04 pm The windscreens are cheaper and more available than side windows people.
Getting a car door open is a bit difficult through the windscreen.
Agreed although it may reduce the temperature.

I once put a 7 year old who was kicking the glass in the door in the front seat of the school bus and I got into a lot of trouble.
Parrahub, an extra option in the public transport menu http://www.parrahub.org.au/
captainch

Post by captainch »

I HAVE SMASHED 6 WINDOWS on cars never the windscreen due to the fact the child has been strapped in the back seat and got the doors open & HAVE never been charged by POLICE. HAVE HAD SOMEONE there with me talking to police & ambulance while I DID IT never lost a life but came really close on opening the door it was like opening a oven. ONE bitch of a mother wanted me charged for damaging the car! POLICE CHARGED HER ON THE SPOT with neglect. Even at the court case she said to judge how much damage I DID TO HER CAR the judge threw the book at her and the 3 kids were taken by wefare. As I said you would not do that to a dog let alone a defenceless baby strapped in a car seat!When ever I go shopping I STILL have a habit of looking in peoples cars as I walk past!
"CAPTAIN.C.H "Lives in the home of "SUGAR CANE' not "chickens" :lol: :lol:.........."INGHAM NTH QLD"
Off The Rails
Favourite Vehicle: Anything with an engine brake

Post by Off The Rails »

Some of you seem to forget that a windscreen, the only thing between a driver and an airborne obstacle, is incredibly hard to break being layered with 2 panes of glass...
TA3001 wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:41 pm Although your 'tally' is nothing to brag about, as it is still technically a crime to smash a car window. I'd suggest keeping it discreet.
Some of us here also seem to forget that it's a life vs death situation. I'd rather break a window and be fined for it, and know a child (or pet) has been saved, than seeing them die because 'I need to be discreet, and be worried about being fined for damage'.

Cheers! :wink:
Officially the last person to tag off the 381 - 20/5/16.
Second last person to tag off the last timetabled 16 - 23/08/19.
Last person to tag off a Transdev Joondalup service - 19/1/20.
captainch

Post by captainch »

ta3001 I was NOT bragging but over the time have been there when the thing has happened as i'm not one to just stand around if see something that needs fixing as being trained at 20 to kill in war I ALSO HAD BEEN TAUGHT TO SAVE LIVES IN 75 YEARS I've been in volded with a few accidents 3 involving deaths with a tram and 2 with buses so if its a crime to break a window ect TO SAVE A LIFE & DO IT I WILL and theres not need to be discreet After going to war and being confronted with a woman & baby plus strapped with bomb it was do I LET HER GO AND 14 OF MY MATES & MYSELF BE KILLED at the age of 20 is a huge choice don't lecture me on what to do I HAVE LIVED WITH THAT MEMORY FOR OVER 57 YEARS! YOU RUN YOUR LIFE FROM YOUR KEY BOARD &I will run mine from experience!By the way I don't keep tallys its not a GAME!................p.s I CALL OOO AS I'M DOING IT AND LISTEN TO THEIR ADVICE!
eddy

Post by eddy »

Off The Rails wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 5:20 am Some of you seem to forget that a windscreen, the only thing between a driver and an airborne obstacle, is incredibly hard to break being layered with 2 panes of glass...
You are right, my experience with 4 windscreens on a HK Holden must be why they changed the law.

Evidently laminated windscreens were made law in 1994 https://www.google.com/search?q=when+di ... e&ie=UTF-8
TA3001
Favourite Vehicle: 1640. In service - 1738

Post by TA3001 »

Off The Rails wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 5:20 am Some of you seem to forget that a windscreen, the only thing between a driver and an airborne obstacle, is incredibly hard to break being layered with 2 panes of glass...

Some of us here also seem to forget that it's a life vs death situation. I'd rather break a window and be fined for it, and know a child (or pet) has been saved, than seeing them die because 'I need to be discreet, and be worried about being fined for damage'.
One thing to take into account is the potential of different states of mind at different times. Whilst my post may have seemed biased towards behaving like a law abiding lemming, and without any thought for the life of the occupant, I do actually agree that smashing the car window can actually be the more practical option. So yes, you are correct in this regard.

If I sounded ignorant in my previous post, then I did. Boo hoo. But I understand exactly where you're coming from.

Return to “The Lunch Room”