What lessons do you think the pandemics tought you?

Somewhere to discuss things that don't fit into other categories.

Moderator: busrider

MotorOmnibus8562
Favourite Vehicle: Hybrid/Electric lowfloors.

What lessons do you think the pandemics tought you?

Post by MotorOmnibus8562 »

Hello, I thought I would create a thread for lessons that anyone learnt from pandemics, not just covid19 but other pandemics. Here's what I learnt from the pandemic so far:

1. It is no use trying to invest in fossil fuels, the industry is simply dying, its dirty and people are turning their back to fossil fuels, they'll never support much jobs because its dirty, and being replaced with more reliable renewables
2. It is no use trying to buy cheap trains from overseas that won't last, some of you may notice that the Sydney metro trains are already falling apart, same thing with the waratahs. The red Rattlers lasted almost 80 years in regular passenger service and Set F1 is still going strong.
3. Trains built in Australia are done at a reasonable price and they will last like the Red Rattlers
4. As you get older, you start to no longer have a dependancy on the physical school site.
5. The pandemic has told us what we take for granted - the natural world is a big one, we are destroying too much of it.

If anyone learnt something from the pandemic, feel free to reply

Cheers, MO8562
Only Stupid people invented vapes.
Betting ads are pests
Corn, Corn, Corn, Corn, Corn, A post on this thread, corn
Dyson's #463 - Beast! 8)
Big Engine Mechanic
Favourite Vehicle: My94NCLTDFairlaneTickfordGear

Re: What lessons do you think the pandemics tought you?

Post by Big Engine Mechanic »

That people in society that once told others to
'Get over it' when their lives fell apart, are now crying blue murder and hogging the mental health system.
Campbelltown busboy

Post by Campbelltown busboy »

MotorOmnibus8562 wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:21 pm 2. It is no use trying to buy cheap trains from overseas that won't last, some of you may notice that the Sydney metro trains are already falling apart, same thing with the waratahs. The red Rattlers lasted almost 80 years in regular passenger service and Set F1 is still going strong.
3. Trains built in Australia are done at a reasonable price and they will last like the Red Rattlers
NSW won’t receive any new Australian built passenger trains until further notice unless the NSW government ether review their preferred bid for contract tender method or change to a better contract handing out method so suggestions 2 and 3 won’t be happening in NSW anytime soon
TA3001
Favourite Vehicle: 1640. In service - 1738

Re: What lessons do you think the pandemics taught you?

Post by TA3001 »

In regards to the OP's second comment: If you knew how bad the new buses being delivered in Adelaide are, you'd probably speak more positively of the overseas products. At leasts the backrests stay put and don't wobble and vibrate, with bloody windowlines that you can't even see out of.

Adelaide PT has a death sentence I'm afraid.
385BUZ
Favourite Vehicle: Volgren Optimus

Post by 385BUZ »

Right, settle in!

1. To truely value those around you and your relationships.
2. To accept change and anything that’s been thrown at you.
3. That the environment matters, everything we do matters.
4. Respect and have faith in the government (even though they might not always be right.)
5. Buy local! Support local businesses.
6. Encourage others to reach out and achieve goals.
7. Spread Kindness and Positivity (Not COVID!!)
8. Embrace what’s going on and the positive outcomes that it may/will have.
9. Pursue interests (for me it was finally joining this forum!)
10. Learn how to just be bored and sit with your thoughts.
11. Offer support and help.
12. Be thankful!

So, to conclude I would like to leave you with the ‘red’ words.

Value. Accept. Matters. Respect. Support. Encourage. Kindness. Embrace. Pursue. Learn. Support. Thankful.

Thanks for reading! 😊
Last edited by 385BUZ on Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Regards,
385BUZ

TransLink Route 385. Bus Upgrade Zone.

If you need to contact me privately, please email: 385buz@gmail.com
Centralian

Post by Centralian »

Freedom of speech is being stifled in our so called 'democracy' like never before !
Think for yourself, while it's still legal !
captainch
Favourite Vehicle: was 3533 m/o 687

Post by captainch »

Its shown me if your over 50 you are past your use by date. No matter who it is I smile & say g'day words do not cost anything. if I HAVE TIME i see some-one sitting by them selves in the shopping centre I allways say you having a good day a lot of old people & i'm 75 are on their own have no family and would like some-one to talk to. I ask the check-out chick how's your day when its hot & know the posties comming I leave a cold can of lemonade inside the letter box the young kids around me I SAVE ALL THOSE FREE TOYS FROM COLES& WOOLIES.THEY COME AND PLAY WITH MY ANIMALS DO DRAWINGS FOR MY FRIG. & IT COSTS ME NOTHING I TREAT PEOPLE LIKE THEIR HUMAN. we all can have a bad day & i've had many I Don't expect you to like me but just RESPECT ME for who I am deceive me or lie to me you will have a enemy for life .the most honest thing i've done at 20 I FOUGHT FOR THIS GREAT COUNTRY and as a 2 year old wog/spick/dago / copped hell when we first came to this country but I'VE MADE IT TO 75.
"CAPTAIN.C.H "Lives in the home of "SUGAR CANE' not "chickens" :lol: :lol:.........."INGHAM NTH QLD"
Lt. Commander Data
Favourite Vehicle: Scania L94UB

Post by Lt. Commander Data »

As a check out chick myself, I’d just like to say it makes my day when someone genuinely asks how I am - hate being treated as a robot. Thanks and keep it up!
First person on 822, 865 (2016 re-route).
Last person on 164, 867, 868
captainch
Favourite Vehicle: was 3533 m/o 687

Post by captainch »

iT Doesnt cost any extra to acknolage the person is a human & has feelings like your self .they may be having a good or bad day but they are providing you with a service .......if you do not want to talk to them fine . you can also use the auto check -out it does give a XXX about you your NOTHING!
"CAPTAIN.C.H "Lives in the home of "SUGAR CANE' not "chickens" :lol: :lol:.........."INGHAM NTH QLD"
MotorOmnibus8562
Favourite Vehicle: Hybrid/Electric lowfloors.

Post by MotorOmnibus8562 »

captainch wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 11:28 pm Its shown me if your over 50 you are past your use by date. No matter who it is I smile & say g'day words do not cost anything. if I HAVE TIME i see some-one sitting by them selves in the shopping centre I allways say you having a good day a lot of old people & i'm 75 are on their own have no family and would like some-one to talk to. I ask the check-out chick how's your day when its hot & know the posties comming I leave a cold can of lemonade inside the letter box the young kids around me I SAVE ALL THOSE FREE TOYS FROM COLES& WOOLIES.THEY COME AND PLAY WITH MY ANIMALS DO DRAWINGS FOR MY FRIG. & IT COSTS ME NOTHING I TREAT PEOPLE LIKE THEIR HUMAN. we all can have a bad day & i've had many I Don't expect you to like me but just RESPECT ME for who I am deceive me or lie to me you will have a enemy for life .the most honest thing i've done at 20 I FOUGHT FOR THIS GREAT COUNTRY and as a 2 year old wog/spick/dago / copped hell when we first came to this country but I'VE MADE IT TO 75.
Well said, Captainch :)
Only Stupid people invented vapes.
Betting ads are pests
Corn, Corn, Corn, Corn, Corn, A post on this thread, corn
Dyson's #463 - Beast! 8)
385BUZ
Favourite Vehicle: Volgren Optimus

Post by 385BUZ »

captainch wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 11:28 pm Its shown me if your over 50 you are past your use by date. No matter who it is I smile & say g'day words do not cost anything. if I HAVE TIME i see some-one sitting by them selves in the shopping centre I allways say you having a good day a lot of old people & i'm 75 are on their own have no family and would like some-one to talk to. I ask the check-out chick how's your day when its hot & know the posties comming I leave a cold can of lemonade inside the letter box the young kids around me I SAVE ALL THOSE FREE TOYS FROM COLES& WOOLIES.THEY COME AND PLAY WITH MY ANIMALS DO DRAWINGS FOR MY FRIG. & IT COSTS ME NOTHING I TREAT PEOPLE LIKE THEIR HUMAN. we all can have a bad day & i've had many I Don't expect you to like me but just RESPECT ME for who I am deceive me or lie to me you will have a enemy for life .the most honest thing i've done at 20 I FOUGHT FOR THIS GREAT COUNTRY and as a 2 year old wog/spick/dago / copped hell when we first came to this country but I'VE MADE IT TO 75.
What your doing for your community is really positive Captainch. And as you mentioned kindness costs nothing!
Regards,
385BUZ

TransLink Route 385. Bus Upgrade Zone.

If you need to contact me privately, please email: 385buz@gmail.com
eddy

Post by eddy »

Just when most people think governments and science know it all a new virus humbles us.
Parrahub, an extra option in the public transport menu http://www.parrahub.org.au/

Return to “The Lunch Room”