What makes you happy today?

Somewhere to discuss things that don't fit into other categories.

Moderator: busrider

huppypuppy
Favourite Vehicle: Custom-Denning Element BEV Bus

Re: What makes you happy today?

Post by huppypuppy »

Panthers vs Storm in the NRL grand final..... enough said!!! Penrith to win
Love the new Custom Denning vehicles
Including the Adventurer School Bus
And the Endeavour Low Floor
And the new Element 100% Electric Bus - the first Aussie BEV bus
scott

Post by scott »

My last day of lockdown in Victoria, Dan sets us free at midnight.

Judge Judy today, the second case, the litigants are driving her up the wall with a stupid BS case.

JJ: "Byrd (bailiff), do me a favour, show them the door", your case is dismissed get out"

Old Judge Judy is getting a bit grumpy lately.
huppypuppy

Post by huppypuppy »

scott wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:42 pm My last day of lockdown in Victoria, Dan sets us free at midnight.

Judge Judy today, the second case, the litigants are driving her up the wall with a stupid BS case.

JJ: "Byrd (bailiff), do me a favour, show them the door", your case is dismissed get out"

Old Judge Judy is getting a bit grumpy lately.
Judge Judy's always been grumpy with people who waste her time - she'll take a bite out of your ass and chew it then give it back to you when you least expect it!
Swift
Favourite Vehicle: Porshe 911 Carerra

Post by Swift »

huppypuppy wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 3:58 pm

Judge Judy's always been grumpy with people who waste her time - she'll take a bite out of your ass and chew it then give it back to you when you least expect it!
20 years sitting on the bench of family court does that.
She's a very different person when being interviewed. Very funny and interesting. She gets paid too much in my opinion but that's America.
NSW, the state that embraces mediocrity.
Bus Suggestions
Favourite Vehicle: Something with a ZF Ecomat

Post by Bus Suggestions »

Finally being able to catch a ride on an O305G, didn't catch the rego but it was an ex-O Bahn. Rides better than most Transperth Voith B7s.
I'd post any important, bus-related links I had, but they're outdated anyways.
TA3001
Favourite Vehicle: 1640. In service - 1738

Post by TA3001 »

The engines in modern buses are almost silent.

But I personally think that some of the now scrapped CNG MAN SL202s in Adelaide sounded better than at least some of the diesel Mercs.
TA3001

Post by TA3001 »

Seeing a Newton CNG NL202 sit on the speed limit in a 60 zone for more than just a few seconds. Last time I recall this occurring was June.

And before that, probably October 2018 before the 112 and 113 routes were almost completely destroyed.

Edit:1/11 October finally being over!
captainch
Favourite Vehicle: was 3533 m/o 687

Post by captainch »

Was pleased to see the MELB CUP RUN with no crowds less rubbish to clean up -less drunks - there was still a winner plus more people bet on the cup more than ever JUST MAY do the same thing to football built less stadiums and use the money on hospitals & schools.
"CAPTAIN.C.H "Lives in the home of "SUGAR CANE' not "chickens" :lol: :lol:.........."INGHAM NTH QLD"
MotorOmnibus8562
Favourite Vehicle: Hybrid/Electric lowfloors.

Post by MotorOmnibus8562 »

Getting a thomas the tank trackmaster Nia for the first time although this nia is a little bit interesting with a weirdly placed on face....sometimes i like to collect thomas stuff as ive veen a Thomas fan for many years...
Only Stupid people invented vapes.
Betting ads are pests
Corn, Corn, Corn, Corn, Corn, A post on this thread, corn
Dyson's #463 - Beast! 8)
Newcastle Flyer

Post by Newcastle Flyer »

• The last few times, the Opal feedback people seem to be nicer.
White lives matter too.
Australia Day 26th Jan, the most important day in Australia as is 19 April, Cook's discovery of eastern Australia
ScaniaGrenda
Favourite Vehicle: Scania,Volvo or Mercedes Buses

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

Finding out according to the ATDB fleetlist that both Mercedes O405N Ansair Oranas m/o 3405 and m/o 3406 have both been preserved, not sure who by but hoping one is at least Sydney Bus Museum and the other is a private collector / enthusiast. I was a concerned that when their time was up they might've gotten sent for scrap or pulled for parts.

As for the B10B's, uh, well not exactly preserved but their living a 2nd life (or 3rd life)
Transport enthusiast & photographer / videographer since 2016, documenting & preserving our local Transport History through videos & photos.
Swift

Post by Swift »

Hopefully one will be put back into Airport Express livery as that was why these two offs were bought in the first place.
ScaniaGrenda

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

Providing the museum is the group that obtained one (or both) Benz hopefully they do just that, It'll be nice to bring the Airport Express livery back. Personally myself I'm not a fan of the yellow / green combination but historical photos really show how well they looked especially on the O405 PMC 160's & the Varios they had at the time.

Also hoping when life can return to normal we'll eventually see the owner(s) of the O405N Ansair Benz use them on an enthusiast tour. Sadly I never got the chance to ride neither while they were in service but at least I've got my own photos of them.
Transport enthusiast & photographer / videographer since 2016, documenting & preserving our local Transport History through videos & photos.
TA3001

Post by TA3001 »

Literally receiving a message from someone without it being abusive or provocative.

Oct/Nov/Dec can all get effed. They're a bloody scourge.
ScaniaGrenda

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

The Black Friday specials were alright, nothing too much I needed but I'm glad I was able to obtain a 4TB external drive without paying the big price tag and also pick up a new camera to replace my 10 year one of which is something I've had in the pipelines for a very long time but just couldn't settle on something that ticked all of the boxes for me.

I would've gone for a 5TB external drive but decided again it since this is more of a replacement drive to move files from an old external (that is 1TB) to a newer external because the old is past it's 5 year old lifespan and while it does still function fine, I'm not sure how much life is left in it so taking the chance to move things over while I can.
Centralian

Post by Centralian »

Looks like no one's had any happy events for quite a while, so I might throw this one in. I was just reading in part that today 21 December 2020 the 'great conjunction' will occur (or already has, not sure which time zone it refers to). This is where the planets Saturn and Jupiter align and is thought to be what was probably seen and recorded in the Bible as the Christmas Star. If visible it will be quite bright.

What makes it more interesting is that the last time this alignment happened was in 1623, but was not visible due to weather. The last time it was actually recorded as visible was in 1226.
Think for yourself, while it's still legal !
eddy

Post by eddy »

These happy songs always make me realise how many good people there are in the world. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UywX_LnrC-w :D
Parrahub, an extra option in the public transport menu http://www.parrahub.org.au/
Swift

Post by Swift »

Centralian wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 10:53 am Looks like no one's had any happy events for quite a while, so I might throw this one in. I was just reading in part that today 21 December 2020 the 'great conjunction' will occur (or already has, not sure which time zone it refers to). This is where the planets Saturn and Jupiter align and is thought to be what was probably seen and recorded in the Bible as the Christmas Star. If visible it will be quite bright.

What makes it more interesting is that the last time this alignment happened was in 1623, but was not visible due to weather. The last time it was actually recorded as visible was in 1226.
Thanks for the reminder. Unfortunately it's not looking good with the weather. Blinking clouds again!!
You also need a good view of the western horizon early in the evening apparently, difficult in a flat area like Ettalong Bitch!!
ScaniaGrenda

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

Not really exciting going on for me Centralian so haven't had a reason to use this thread. Other than that I did get my new camera a few weeks back but I haven't had much time to use it, only done a few experiment photos and rest of the time I've been busy working, Just waiting for the right day & time I can bring it out again.
Centralian

Post by Centralian »

I was going to cheer myself up and planned a day out by public transport from Katoomba up to the Central Coast and try to get a ride on Red Bus new BCI unit if I spotted it. I was proud of my schedule with lots of Red Bus riding, and then this latest COVID drama hit. So I'll have to give it a miss for now and try again early in the New Year.

Probably a good post on which to wish readers best wishes for whatever you celebrate at this time of year and look after those close to you. Enjoy !
(and enjoy the new camera as well ScaniaGrenda).
Think for yourself, while it's still legal !
huppypuppy

Post by huppypuppy »

Being told I could go home from work early today - WOOT! Only worked 4 hours too......
Swift

Post by Swift »

Centralian wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 11:16 am I was going to cheer myself up and planned a day out by public transport from Katoomba up to the Central Coast and try to get a ride on Red Bus new BCI unit if I spotted it. I was proud of my schedule with lots of Red Bus riding, and then this latest COVID drama hit. So I'll have to give it a miss for now and try again early in the New Year.
I love how they fit their hubodometers straight to the axle -bracketless.
You've made me feel privileged being so close to the action. I might go do some self cheering of my own.
BTW, when I checked out the Titan at Banksmeadow, it had one fitted from it's London days.
ScaniaGrenda

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

Well I've finally been able to get rid of a broken chair so I'm happy. It was too big to throw in my car as well as the normal bin so I threw an AD up and said if you can get rid of it for me, there's an easy bit of $ in it for you. Had someone enquire within the first 15 minutes of the AD going up and they followed through, picked it up & that was that.

I'd originally called a furniture removal service but they wanted $50 just for me giving it them and then another $50 or so for however much it was going to take to the tip adding up to close to $100 just to get rid of one broken chair (this was weeks ago so my memory is a little faint but that is way too much to dispose of a simple chair)
Swift

Post by Swift »

Lots of rip off merchants out there. Years ago I had a small crack forming on the top of the driver's side sill panel and I went to a panel beater rust repairs joint and the guy who saw it tells me all this hullabaloo on how the whole panel needs to be cut open because there's rust underneath and a new one made up da da da and he couldn't give a figure on what it would cost until they see what's underneath. I thought nup forget it and took it to a panel beater brother of a State Transit employee and he confirmed what I thought, that it was a fatigue crack and he quickly ran a welder on it and hand painted it a matching white. Charge: $0.00 and on my way in 5 minutes!
ScaniaGrenda

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

No I agree, I'm sure the first (and last mob) I called up were honest people but it felt like I was going to be paying some ultra premium just to get someone to take 1 piece of broken furniture away and heaven forbid I don't have a tip pass either which means more $$$ to pay. Somewhere along the line there will be a cost and I'm fine paying it as long as it isn't ridiculous. In my instance after replacing said piece of furniture It needed to go and was actually easier to pay some random to take it away than deal with an actual company that wants to chuck all these fees on top for what should be a straight forward process.

Would I do this again? Eh, probably not unless I was desperate.

Return to “The Lunch Room”