What gives you the S&#T's!?

Somewhere to discuss things that don't fit into other categories.

Moderator: busrider

TA3001
Favourite Vehicle: 1640. In service - 1738

Re: What gives you the S&#T's!?

Post by TA3001 »

So I'm about to cross a road, when some genius suddenly decides to pull out of a slip lane to continue straight, without using indicators or anything.

This is exactly why I think there should be rules/legislation against such acts, and maybe even penalties. The brainless idiot was certainly asking for trouble even with light traffic.

And I think the SA traffic department should stop handing out licences via Weetbix packets. Driving is not a right. It's a privelege. Doing over 100kph in a school zone surely must qualify as dangerous.

And lip sex in news articles. Static or not, it deserves to be outlawed.
ScaniaGrenda
Favourite Vehicle: Scania,Volvo or Mercedes Buses

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

People that illegally tresspass onto Transport infrastructure. Saw a Female, no older than 20 - 30 years old walking in the middle of the NLR tracks. Thankfully the two trams had already passed each other but this is still an utter move that is Darwin award worthy. Is it really worth shaving 5 minutes off your walk for something that puts not only yourself but others at risk?
Transport from the Hunter Valley & Beyond - cr228l.com
TA3001

Post by TA3001 »

Bus routes that you can get from end to end faster on a push bike than on a bus are irritating.

There is one notorious route in Adelaide which at times can be a tiny bit tight from the interchange it serves to the first time point. From there though, you can sit on 25kph and still arrive early. 10 minutes right on the outskirts of suburbia to go 4kms is just insane.

From what I can tell, there is around 16 minutes of slack in the schedule during inter-peak. Some drivers don't even get the bus near the speed limit when running 15 minutes late whilst doing it.
Douglas
Favourite Vehicle: Denning Landseer

Post by Douglas »

TA3001 wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:45 pm I simply won't use ATMs that charge a fee. Not that I'll even have the right to walk to one freely for at least 3 months in this nanny state.
I use ING - if you have $1000 deposited into the account and do at least five purchase transactions with the debit card in a calendar month, in the following calendar month they will refund any ATM fees that you incur from by any ATM on earth (usually within five minutes for Australian ATMs, a couple of days for overseas ones), as well as waive international transaction fees. MEBank, Macquarie and AMP are similar and will refund any Australian ATM fees, with no minimum deposits or transaction count required.

Really, for day to day banking, unless you value branch services that can't be done via post office banking, there's not much point sticking with the major banks IMO. And even for loans and credit cards, you can often get better deals elsewhere.

(Alternately, I don't know if it can still be done, but you used to be able to withdraw cash without a purchase at self serve checkouts that accepted\dispensed cash, I think this is\was Woolworths only though. But, you could withdraw any amount you wanted, so if you wanted exactly $13.65, you could get that.)
ScaniaGrenda wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:19 pm There's a takeaway I've started visiting near work that has an ATM but it's one of those unbranded ones that probably charges a fee of some sort, I don't know how much but I refuse to touch those things with my 10 foot pole. Said takeaway is only taking cash even in the current timeline, not sure if I can blame them or not as I've never looked into the fees for Eftpos terminals.

I'm not getting charged a fee just to get a small amount out for lunch, bugger that honestly. Guess in the end it does give me an excuse to cut down on the takeaway.
Likely they have the ATM as a way to get around the EFTPOS surcharging rules (ie. you can only charge a reasonable fee that covers what you pay to process the transaction and not profiteer off them unless you're a taxi for some reason), as they don't apply to ATMs. If you have an ATM and want to charge $6 per transaction, there's nothing stopping you.

Generally speaking, EFTPOS transactions cost about 1.1% to 1.8% of the transaction value to process - more for Amex and Diners should the merchant accept those. If they rent the machine, that's $25 to $35 a month as well (most people do, unless they're a very large business, as that way any problems with the machine are the bank's problem.)

edit: fixed the first sentence because it sounded like that you got the fees refunded in the following month
Douglas, Professional Nerd, At Your Service.
ScaniaGrenda

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

Personally I wouldn't mind a surcharge fee for using an electronic payment as long as it's not something that's sky high highway robbery, charge me an extra 30 cents - $1 and I wouldn't personally care, anymore and I don't think I can accept it as it doesn't need to be a premium just because you wish to pay by another method. Personally I'm not the one to carry cash anymore & rarely have a reason too have physical cash unless a relative requests physical cash from me for whatever reason or It's the rare instance I'm visiting somewhere that is really cash only.

Really it's not a huge hassle in my life since I rarely come across places that don't have EFTPOS terminals but it is an inconvenience when I need to get a $20 note out just for a $8 takeaway.

And yes I know I can just go to a supermarket and get cash out before hand but that's not always an option and I can't really predict that 3 weeks ahead of me for instance I'll be at a shop that is taking cash only & that's the only way to pay.
TA3001

Post by TA3001 »

Re the title, junkies that walk in 6 directions at once whilst high on something, and then give me a strange look simply because I was confused as to which way to go! Yet I'm supposedly the one in the wrong of course.
ScaniaGrenda

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

It's like when I'm at the shops and I'll see people walking towards me and I'll try to move over to the left so they can pass me but then they also move to the left so I can pass them and then we end back up in each others paths and have to do a quick last second move so we can pass each other and continue on our merry way.

I'm a bit dumbfounded how it's not common sense to be walking on the left so others walking towards your direction can pass you.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
When you get stuck behind slow walkers at the shops who are taking up all the space and won't let you through.
Newcastle Flyer

Post by Newcastle Flyer »

• To these people:-
1) The old woman (could be the same woman that regularly does the below)
2) The young woman waiting for a bus at a bus stop.

3) The woman sitting inside where we had to go today, AND

Especially the couple in the same palce that were continually doing the below.

COVER YA MOUTHS WHEN YA COUGH

As for number three, that place has signs stating that you're not meant to enter if you have a cough, especially the way you two were continually coughing.

The adults and parents/guardians are the worse.
White lives matter too.
Australia Day 26th Jan, the most important day in Australia as is 19 April, Cook's discovery of eastern Australia
TA3001

Post by TA3001 »

It's obvious. 96% of the so-called population seem to have never been taught common courtesy.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

But then we all think that we are part of the 4% who have.
Living in the Shire.
TA3001

Post by TA3001 »

Undies teds. If it wasn't for a CB60 Scania running 8 minutes late tonight, I would have literally ended up on one of these.

From my observations, they seem to follow a plan/sketch done by Ralph Wiggum, with the announcements set to match the decibels of thunder, and maintaining the consistency of the appauling build quality of any modern bus.
Newcastle Flyer

• "Aunt Gladys"
White lives matter too.
Australia Day 26th Jan, the most important day in Australia as is 19 April, Cook's discovery of eastern Australia
Newcastle Flyer

Hopefully Gladys & Constance will have the guts to sack EVERY guard taking part in this guards strike, especially during a pandemic.

The way the guards will operate on these NIFs is actually safer than guards having to open doors at stations.

• Radio & TV stations that have various shows in non-English in Australia.
White lives matter too.
TA3001

Post by TA3001 »

OMSI 2! It has been over a year since I have been able to get an MAN bus into motion in the game! It's like they're designed to be static exhibits.
Newcastle Flyer

•This does: https://twitter.com/i/events/1332352727859412992

Iran has every right now (edit: & should) to declare war on the "country" (I mean 51st state of USA) that stole Palestinian land. What about the nuclear weapons that that "country" (51st state of USA) has?

• Councils that have cancelled Australia Day events. Sure alter them to be safe as possible.
• Liverpool & a Melbourne council that have cancelled Australia Day events for a few years.
Last edited by Newcastle Flyer on Sun Nov 29, 2020 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
White lives matter too.
eddy

Post by eddy »

Israel has been knocking off nuclear scientists for years but it is a big coincedence they got the lady doctor out first.

Russia does the same anywhere in the world with any opposition.

It is just sending a message to others not to become a nuclear scientist or oppose Putin.
Parrahub, an extra option in the public transport menu https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/model/ ... rahub-2016
huppypuppy
Favourite Vehicle: Detroit 2 stroke Dennings

Post by huppypuppy »

eddy wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 5:40 pm Israel has been knocking off nuclear scientists for years but it is a big coincedence they got the lady doctor out first.
Russia does the same anywhere in the world with any opposition.
It is just sending a message to others not to become a nuclear scientist or oppose Putin.
I agree with you, eddy! There seems to be a common theme here!
Love the new Custom Denning vehicles
Including the Adventurer School Bus
And the Endeavour Low Floor
Both of which are based on Denning Phoenix bodies
Newcastle Flyer

• Movies such as Ben-Hur that are way too long. With ads it's almost 5 hours.
Surely they could've reduced it to 2 to 2½ hours.
Last edited by Newcastle Flyer on Fri Dec 04, 2020 9:40 am, edited 3 times in total.
White lives matter too.
TA3001

Post by TA3001 »

Trolls that turn a forum with a 'mediocre' reputation into a cesspit. And I'm not referring to this one, regardless of it's eligibilty status.
huppypuppy
Favourite Vehicle: Detroit 2 stroke Dennings

Post by huppypuppy »

TA3001 wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 5:11 pm Trolls that turn a forum with a 'mediocre' reputation into a cesspit. And I'm not referring to this one, regardless of it's eligibilty status.
Amen, TA3001 - trolls can cause so much damage to both people and reputations. I'm a victim of bullying and it has caused a lifetime of untold damage that will be with me until I die as I find it very hard to talk about it
Love the new Custom Denning vehicles
Including the Adventurer School Bus
And the Endeavour Low Floor
Both of which are based on Denning Phoenix bodies
TA3001

Post by TA3001 »

I've almost stopped giving a ( ) about certain things for several reasons, because it's the only way to stay sane.

I may seem a little unusual to most, including the vast majority of Adelaide bus enthusiasts. But the point is - I know exactly what I don't like vs the opposite. The minority that seem to tolerate my company with ease are those that get acknowledged. These fake under 40 enthusiast 'friends' are not in this category. If something annoys me, I make it clear.

And to one particular driver in Adelaide who like gas NL202s in particular and seems to get his ass kissed by most, if I want to ride the bus you're driving, I will. Abusing me over it is not the solution, no matter how popular you are.

Edit: And I still appreciate it when folks speak to me with courtesy and respect, instead of the usual adverse and picky responses that I'm so used to.
TA3001

Post by TA3001 »

Stubborn rude staff in Ratway. Has a dig at me because I did a minor fling with the $20 note I used. Very arrogant about the draconian no dine-in laws too. Not exactly encouraging for me to purchase something with these 20 year old douches behind the counter.
eddy

Post by eddy »

Federal governments are so slow to understand what is happening and I saw far too many vineyards being built especially at Mudgee for “Macquarie street farmers” https://www.afr.com/companies/agricultu ... 1215-jez0d
Parrahub, an extra option in the public transport menu https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/model/ ... rahub-2016
ScaniaGrenda

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

TA3001 wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:18 am
I may seem a little unusual to most, including the vast majority of Adelaide bus enthusiasts. But the point is - I know exactly what I don't like vs the opposite. The minority that seem to tolerate my company with ease are those that get acknowledged. These fake under 40 enthusiast 'friends' are not in this category. If something annoys me, I make it clear.
I aploigise if I'm misinterpreting your post but I believe we all have our own things that frustrate us and you know what that's fair enough, who ever said life was perfect or had to be perfect? A lot of things annoy me, this is just my way of venting. If other people want to get upset because you or I am venting or refuse to accept their viewpoint then that is their problem. I've had disagreements and just because one might not agree with me doesn't mean I'm going to agree with them either. If I see a problem I point it out, that's also who I am.

If problems don't get pointed out, they don't get resolved, they remain. I refuse to sit by and let a problem continue to be a problem because it may ruffle someone elses feathers.

People tend to get upset with others over the most minor reasons or find further ways to dislike you because of said petty reasons, that's not really the human sprit or being a human, I don't even know how I really want to put it but it's not really nice. If society wants to tear each other apart over minor things we're not going to achieve anything, just make enemies and who needs enemies?

We're also here in this community because we share a common interest. This really isn't the place where bridges need to be burned or we turn against each other (not saying anyone is turning against another but I'm just saying in general). Again I'll point out that if we spent a lot of time nitpicking at each other and just finding ways to hate different people in the community because you don't like their viewpoints then it was never really a community at all. Communities don't tear each other apart or bring people down. We do the opposite and that is getting along with each other, sharing ideas & suggestions (even if it may or may not work or be the best), sharing content and being enthusiastic. That is exactly what a community should be about.

At this point I think I've said enough and what has needed to be said. Anyone please just see that at the end of the day things frustrate us, it's not big deal and I think it's best to let people vent and just get out what they need to get out. I've learned over the years as well keeping things to yourself and letting it build up inside of you is not mentally healthy. If you don't agree with someone's post or point then that's fine but no need to start disliking someone over it (again not saying anyone is but just saying in general).

Sorry about the length of this post, probably went on longer than it needed too.
Newcastle Flyer

Fair Trading. They're a useless toothless tiger.
White lives matter too.

Return to “The Lunch Room”