What gives you the S&#T's!?

Somewhere to discuss things that don't fit into other categories.

Moderator: busrider

Swift
Favourite Vehicle: Porshe 911 Carerra

Re: What gives you the S&#T's!?

Post by Swift »

Australians don't like to obey rules. Flouting is like a badge of honour. If Canada wasn't so left wing and cold, I'd move there. Better attitudes and better quality immigrants there.
NSW, the state that embraces mediocrity.
Centralian

Post by Centralian »

The fuel pricing rip off. Here in Katoomba BP and Woolworths are charging 175.9 for e10 and 179.9 for the other unleaded (91). Yesterday morning and for weeks prior it was 145.9. I can't even go shopping around for cheaper fuel to Lithgow or Penrith because of the 5km lockdown restrictions. That's all we have in the 5km radius of any of the main upper Blue Mountains townships.
Think for yourself, while it's still legal !
Swift

Post by Swift »

I went to Cessnock a few weeks back to collect a freebie from a Gumtree ad and filled a 20l container of 91 petrol at 125.9c. Glad I found a place at West Gosford (10 km away) selling E10 at 137.9c lately and didn't use the container of fuel yet, so I can now avoid the higher prices around here for a while longer.
I wish I took 2 containers now!
ScaniaGrenda
Favourite Vehicle: Scania,Volvo or Mercedes Buses

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

@Centralian, pretty much a few days after the Newcastle Lockdown started, the price went back up from $1.35 all the way to $1.60 / $1.65 for unleaded / E10. Not as high as what you're saying is going on in Katoomba but still a hike none the less when $1.25 is the average here on a good day, $1.35 on a slow day but not bad day.

If you look at Petrospy website, the more you head towards Maitland, the more expensive fuel gets. Tonight the cheapest around the area would be the Metro at Tarro coming in at $1.36 for E10. Newcastle is still sitting around $1.63 / $1.65 for E10.

@Swift, Pre-lockdown Cessnock was always good for cheap fuel. At the moment according to Petrolspy again there's some Servos with E10 for $1.30.

I don't fall under that LGA so can't legally travel there.
Transport enthusiast & photographer / videographer since 2016, documenting & preserving our local Transport History through videos & photos.
Swift

Post by Swift »

So if my usual petrol haunt is further then 5 kilometres, but still in my LGA, I am permitted to go there to fill up?
huppypuppy
Favourite Vehicle: Custom-Denning Element BEV Bus

Post by huppypuppy »

Swift wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 12:08 pm Where TF do you find them tho? Never seen that brand.
I like the name.
Found four places near you: Fresko Fruit Kincumber, Harris Farm Markets and Woolworths Erina and Bamvino Erina Heights. I would suggest using Harris Farm Markets as the other places may not stock all of their products
Love the new Custom Denning vehicles
Including the Adventurer School Bus
And the Endeavour Low Floor
And the new Element 100% Electric Bus - the first Aussie BEV bus
Swift

Post by Swift »

huppypuppy wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 6:39 pm
Swift wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 12:08 pm Where TF do you find them tho? Never seen that brand.
I like the name.
Found four places near you: Fresko Fruit Kincumber, Harris Farm Markets and Woolworths Erina and Bamvino Erina Heights. I would suggest using Harris Farm Markets as the other places may not stock all of their products
Many thanks huppypuppy! Good work.
scott

Post by scott »

We have just had new people move in three houses down, the house was previously owned by a lovely elderly couple in their late 80's, the new owners have torn up the lovely manicured garden and are getting ready to flatten it. They have even got a dragon statue and park their two Mercedes (1 SUV and 1 hatch) right on the corner which causes issues for other drivers, they got a bargain at $960,000.
ScaniaGrenda

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

I'm reaching my wits end with those who keep going out for non-essential reasons first of all, why is Bunnings still open for anything? I know in Sydney they've gone C&C only but up here in Newcastle apparently not and the parking lot is as full as any other day as if the pandemic wasn't a thing. There's still a lot of non-essential shops open and honestly this is a joke (not a funny one).

The State Government really is awful at imposing these restrictions, too little, too late. If Hundreds of people still flocking off to beaches for their so called "essential exercise" when really it isn't exercise isn't a concern then I don't know what paints the picture. Lockdown fatigue is running in a lot of people and I'm understanding it isn't mentally healthy to be inside for days on end however there is people who really couldn't care and are still wondering about in the community where they could get exposed to someone who is COVID Positive and we already know what happens from there.

Too many non-essential people deliberately leaving Sydney and going to the Central Coast / Newcastle. The day Sydney first went into lockdown is when a ring of steel should've been imposed for Sydney, again another failure on the state government hands and they did absolutely nothing and this is why we're now up to 1000+ cases. You can scream "Don't leave Sydney" all you want from the press conferences but unless you literally have checkpoints set up, no one will literally follow it, some may but the majority will just be ignorant. Sad to say people have abused trust as well, it is those who are also to blame for the on-going saga.
Transport enthusiast & photographer / videographer since 2016, documenting & preserving our local Transport History through videos & photos.
tbohlsennswssrg

Post by tbohlsennswssrg »

ScaniaGrenda wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 12:50 pm The State Government really is awful at imposing these restrictions, too little, too late. If Hundreds of people still flocking off to beaches for their so called "essential exercise" when really it isn't exercise isn't a concern then I don't know what paints the picture. Lockdown fatigue is running in a lot of people and I'm understanding it isn't mentally healthy to be inside for days on end however there is people who really couldn't care and are still wondering about in the community where they could get exposed to someone who is COVID Positive and we already know what happens from there.
Also the restrictions are too complex with wishy-washy language in the health orders.
Swift

Post by Swift »

huppypuppy wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 6:39 pm [quote=Swift post_id=1081357 time=1629079694

Went into Harris Farm Erina yesterday and wouldn't you know, the Tzatsaki dips were sold out. Must be popular as all the other flavours were available, so I chose semi sun dried tomato and feta. I should have reread your post above as I forgot you mentioned two other places in Erina. Never mind because the other one is excellent and I may not have tried it otherwise. A bit exxy but worth it for sure. Nice dips ate hard to pin down so it's great you put me onto these.
scott

Post by scott »

Our neighbours having an illegal gathering, against the Victorian chief health officers directions, complete with Zorba the Greek.
We are having enormous problems with compliance in Victoria.
ScaniaGrenda

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

I have a huge disliking to any website that starts autoplaying videos, no one asked nor wanted an off topic clickbaity low quality video shoved in their face. News sites like 9News, 7News and even technology sites of all places are notoriously guilty of this. It is even more appalling when your viewing websites on your mobile device and the autoplaying videos is enough to cause the browser application to become unresponsive or sluggish & start chewing up mobile data.

Obviously sites like Youtube are exempt, that is until I go to watch one video and by the end it starts a countdown of 10 seconds before it'll autoplay the next video and no matter how many times you turn it off, it mysteriously finds its way back on the next time you visit Youtube again.
MotorOmnibus8562
Favourite Vehicle: Hybrid/Electric lowfloors.

Post by MotorOmnibus8562 »

scott wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 6:33 pm Our neighbours having an illegal gathering, against the Victorian chief health officers directions, complete with Zorba the Greek.
We are having enormous problems with compliance in Victoria.
I won't be too surprised if there was zilch mask wearing going on, Some locals where I live (and particularly Many Teenagers) continually flout the rules on the bus and I've seen this for months, the rule with masks on public transport has never changed so I don't understand why people would flout the rules other than that they don't like wearing a mask in an environment where the rule has never changed.
Only Stupid people invented vapes.
Betting ads are pests
Corn, Corn, Corn, Corn, Corn, A post on this thread, corn
Dyson's #463 - Beast! 8)
Campbelltown busboy

Post by Campbelltown busboy »

ScaniaGrenda wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 3:16 pm I have a huge disliking to any website that starts autoplaying videos, no one asked nor wanted an off topic clickbaity low quality video shoved in their face. News sites like 9News, 7News and even technology sites of all places are notoriously guilty of this. It is even more appalling when your viewing websites on your mobile device and the autoplaying videos is enough to cause the browser application to become unresponsive or sluggish & start chewing up mobile data.
7 and 9 don’t put up the main news stories of the day on their socials until those stories are shown on the 6pm news and the digital team get the bulletin prepared to get uploaded to their networks on demand app
scott

Post by scott »

Those bloody protesting construction workers in Melbourne CBD, they are just bullies and spoilt brats. Time for the fire hose I think.

ScoMo gallivanting around America while we are locked down, just wants to get his 15 minutes of smirking fame, how about Zoom like everyone else.
Merc1107
Favourite Vehicle: MAN 18.310, MB O405NH, L94

Post by Merc1107 »

scott wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 1:53 pm Those bloody protesting construction workers in Melbourne CBD, they are just bullies and spoilt brats. Time for the fire hose I think.

ScoMo gallivanting around America while we are locked down, just wants to get his 15 minutes of smirking fame, how about Zoom like everyone else.
Don't give them any advice about fire hoses...

Think most leaders are gallivanting about the place at present, too. At some point they, like us, have to get back to some sense of normality.
MotorOmnibus8562
Favourite Vehicle: Hybrid/Electric lowfloors.

Post by MotorOmnibus8562 »

scott wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 1:53 pm Those bloody protesting construction workers in Melbourne CBD, they are just bullies and spoilt brats. Time for the fire hose I think.

It did make me laugh when Biden forgot his name referring him to "the fella down under" :mrgreen: :P :lol:
Only Stupid people invented vapes.
Betting ads are pests
Corn, Corn, Corn, Corn, Corn, A post on this thread, corn
Dyson's #463 - Beast! 8)
ScaniaGrenda

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

There's rumours making the rounds that a lot of people involved in the Melbourne Protest were anti-vax, anti-mask crowd. The Usual crowd of less bright people. People were also saying that for construction workers their uniform (boots, High-Vis vests) looked way too clean and tidy for half of them to even be considered construction workers, the less bright only jumped in because this is exactly apart of their agenda, they do not care about the construction shutdown, no sir.

You know if we could follow the rules we'd simply be out of lockdown with very minimal restrictions easily but it is always the same bunch of people ruining progress for the good ones. We keep having people purposely flaunt the lockdowns that we remain in lockdown even longer than we need to exactly be. I have friends I haven't seen in months, one has had both vaccine jabs (as have I) but we both remain under lockdown restrictions (due to the region being in lockdown) and it looks set to remain this way for many weeks to come. Myself I'm big on being a social person however not only me but my friends are playing their part in following the rules, it isn't hard to follow them.

Good Grief are these protesters thick headed, the lot of them. I respect rights to protest but now isn't the time to be protesting. Go home, we'll be out in enough time, I can't stress that ENOUGH.
Centralian

Post by Centralian »

People that come on here and put themselves on a pedestal as being one of 'the good ones'. They condemn people in society that display alternative positions to theirs, calling them 'less-bright' or 'thick headed'.

Lets create a homogenised society - persecute those that have differing opinions, stifle free speech, use the paramilitary police force to intimidate dissenters, censor all media so only one view is promoted. Guess what, this is what's happening now ! We're well on the way to a dystopian society. I'd then love to see who was 'less-bright' or 'thick headed' when we've lost the freedoms we once took for granted.

Why don't we stick to buses instead of this opinionated rubbish on this board. :-(
Think for yourself, while it's still legal !
ScaniaGrenda

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

This is hugely another problem in itself, I enjoy the community here but I will not take kindly to people who defend the poor behavior that is not only putting others lives at danger but also engaging in unlawful behavior. I did not mention no one had no right to protest, I said they shouldn't be protesting right now. There is Stay at home orders in place exactly for a reason, we're in the middle of a pandemic, how many times must that be repeated?

What exactly are these protesters looking to achieve? The rest of us know its just going to lead to a longer lockdown exactly because no one knows these other protesters, they do not know where they've been, who they've been in contact with and whether they've got any symptoms. These protests are always a huge storm waiting to strike. Once that strikes its another huge blow to contact tracing and race against the clock to find out whose been where, whose infected, who have they now spread cases too? Society doesn't want to be locked down, we know that. We have the easy door in front of us but people chose to deliberately take the Highway.

I can not absolutely believe that members of the board are knowingly fine with those flouting restrictions and ignoring important health advice, if this is what the community is going to be like I'll cease posting here because this is not exactly the kind of people I want to surround myself with. I also apologies for speaking up and venting just how frustrated I am. I'll hush up as to not cause any more controversy & make myself look bad for saying I'm just not happy with society doing the wrong thing.

And no, I will not stick to posting buses anymore If I can no longer partake in my hobby while we as a whole remain in lockdown due to on-going cases and the fact the variants (delta) are hard to deal with. If we want to get back to some level of normal, just do your part. I do not want to stress that any longer. Call me a sheep if you will but I'm not the bad one here.
Swift

Post by Swift »

Centralian wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 12:42 pm .
Why don't we stick to buses instead of this opinionated rubbish on this board. :-(
The boring designs of Australian bus bodywork.
There's exciting stuff in Europe while we're at it alone churning same ole same ole Asian inspired nonsense here.

Australian liveries. Even England is doing better than us.
Look at the ridiculous Adelaide Metro rubbish as well as Sydney's half arsed TNSW scheme. BT's vomit inducing white with yellow front and blue skirt. No style at all.

Perth has done the best most classy job by far, not that I personally care for silver on buses.
Merc1107
Favourite Vehicle: MAN 18.310, MB O405NH, L94

Post by Merc1107 »

ScaniaGrenda, it could be a good idea to take a look at what you've posted, and what it is you've implied Centralian is condoning (i.e. the protests). The post of Centralian's is spot on; just because people express themselves differently does not make them any better or worse than you. Nor is it true that everyone who questions what is happening is some conspiracy-theory mad, anti-vax lunatic as you seem to be implying. A lot of people are legitimately wondering what the pathway out of this mess is. Claiming that "following the rules" will lead to lockdown ending ignores how contagious this virus is; fleeting contact, even in an essential setting, has resulted in transmission of this virus and people dying.

At the same time, we cannot be in lockdown into perpetuity, guided by the foolish notion that the virus will just go away. Lockdown, of course, brings other problems, like the destruction of people's livelihoods, serious mental health issues (BeyondBlue and other organisations report they are completely overwhelmed by people in need of urgent assistance!) and people with debilitating conditions having their surgery postponed because of the shortage of hospital capacity. There will come a point where we just have to live with this to prevent these underlying issues becoming more destructive than the virus itself. It won't be fun. But then humanity has survived terrible diseases over the past few millennia (Cholera, Bubonic Plague, Typhoid, etc) and have slowly developed ways to lessen or even eliminate these problems thanks to great advances in medicine. I'd like to think we'll reach that point with this as well, but in the meantime, we face a double-edge sword.

Think what you may about me for having written this response. But be careful of painting with a broad brush when you aren't in full possession of the facts, particularly concerning other board members.
Centralian wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 12:42 pm Why don't we stick to buses instead of this opinionated rubbish on this board
Think this thread has run its course. When its one of the most-active topics on the whole forum, it tends to say we're more interested in kvetching than buses (Yes, am guilty too, before anyone chases me off with pitchforks and torches).
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

This thread may not have run its course, but it has as far as Covid-19 is concerned. Any further Covid-19 related matters should be posted in the thread dedicated to that subject. viewtopic.php?f=2&t=90447
Living in the Shire.
Swift

Post by Swift »

All the Sydney people moving to the Central Coast and bringing their negative traits with them. You can spot them quickly by their reactions.

They obviously don't subscribe to the when in Rome mantra. Even Indians make a better effort here.

Return to “The Lunch Room”