What gives you the S&#T's!?

Somewhere to discuss things that don't fit into other categories.

Moderator: busrider

Merc1107
Favourite Vehicle: MAN 18.310, MB O405NH, L94

Re: What gives you the S&#T's!?

Post by Merc1107 »

To follow up my previous whinge, I sent an email to the shopping centre management and made my frustration known about the pushy charities. Not only did I get a response, but was informed the present centre visitore were given a warning, and the Centre has asked head office to put a hold on charities visiting for the next month.
ScaniaGrenda
Favourite Vehicle: Scania,Volvo or Mercedes Buses

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

Nice that centre management listened and took appropriate action. I was waiting to see the part where they go "We have taken your complaint onboard and did an investigation with the group responsible & found no wrong doing, have a nice day".

Hopefully the charity responsible actually pulls their head in and takes the advice on board when setting up future stalls at shopping centres. If in the future you see them at another place and their back to their old business don't be afraid to name & shame them, they really need to be held to account and act more professionally.

Now if Centre management could actually do some sort of vetting process & hold the rest to higher standards that'll be great.
Transport enthusiast & photographer / videographer since 2016, documenting & preserving our local Transport History through videos & photos.
ScaniaGrenda

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

Driving with the radio on.

Next moment I hear sirens and my brain is deciding what to do (was preparing to slow down at a set of red lights)

Oh turns out it is just a crappy advertisement for a solicitor YES A SOLICATOR. That's pretty poor if you ask me using sirens where the majority of station listeners are behind the wheel of a vehicle on the road. I thought those beep & honk ads were bad but no this is taking the cake.

Why isn't it against the law to use these sorts of SFX on radio stations?
Transport enthusiast & photographer / videographer since 2016, documenting & preserving our local Transport History through videos & photos.
Centralian

Post by Centralian »

Just joining onto the McDonalds comments earlier on. They lost me when you couldn't be served by a human being anymore, and that was quite a few years ago now.

Before that I was always stopping off at their McCafe, where the coffee was drinkable. They were also very slow offering vegan meal options and Hungry Jacks have left them for dead in that respect.

Likewise I don't touch the self-serve checkouts in supermarkets. I support creating employment opportunities, and what they save through these self serve processes goes into their profits. If they were to offer you a discount for using self serve then I might think about it. I enjoy a laugh and chat with the check out operators, and they pack the groceries for you.

Love McDonalds new add on TV about their biodegradable containers and packaging. One clip shows a couple walking on a rock platform near the waters edge with a t/a milkshake container and other wrapping. Wonder where that will end up as I don't think many bins are placed at beaches on rock platforms ?
Think for yourself, while it's still legal !
Swift
Favourite Vehicle: Porshe 911 Carerra

Post by Swift »

A lot of the checkout operators I deal with aren't bagging the items unless you ask lately at some Coles I have been attending.
Regards "O'Donnell's" hamburger emporiums, the female yes female staff are becoming more arrogant. I find the machines less unpleasant to interact with.
I hope it affects McRonaldez's bottom line in the long run.
NSW, the state that embraces mediocrity.
BanksfielderIdiot823
Favourite Vehicle: Volgrens and Ford Falcons

Post by BanksfielderIdiot823 »

Centralian wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 11:31 am Love McDonalds new add on TV about their biodegradable containers and packaging.
So McDonalds has gone for the millennial/"young-adult" 'emotional' and propaganda-spreading-guide-lined method of television advertising...

That serves as more evidence of this...

Volgren all day, every day
Dear T80; If the decker's not a Volgren, I'm not interested.
Westbus Fairfield + Dandy Hub = perfection
Good old Collingwood forever.
Long live the potato cake.
Swift

Post by Swift »

In the mean time Kentucky Fried Chicken has harkened back to the wholesome family image on their packaging at least, if not the menu quality.

Interesting you describe McRonald's advertising with propoganda running through its fabric, I notice many ads now obviously avoiding all Anglo characters as if to ram multiculturalism and alternative "lifestyles" down our throats. I have to be imagining things right??

The latest Westpac campaign is a case in point. Just drips left wing SJW loaded crap that's the trend nowadays.
ScaniaGrenda

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

Mercedes OH1830 SB400 is on emergency train replacement (due to flooding on the train tracks) and I'm not there to be able to ride it :(

I've ticked off riding the Scania K270IB SB400 but would love to go on a Mercedes SB400.
ScaniaGrenda

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

The rail replacement buses are a complete joke as of late (I know this is surprising coming from myself but let me explain)

What Transport Planner / Opal Application is telling people is "Limited buses are running" on every single trip option that comes up on Trip planner. It doesn't explain whether their running on their own time, if the 10:30 AM service for example is getting it's own replacement bus or if a particular service at a certain time is not getting replaced at all but it still shows the time the train would normally be running.

What 131500 (On Saturday) has explained to me is that rail replacement buses (because this isn't regular "trackwork") are running on the same time the train services would normally be.

I find this hard given I've just wasted 30 minutes out in the rain on a replacement bus that was meant to show at 9:41 AM (On the 3rd stop on this service so no clue where it was) and by 10:10 AM it still hadn't shown up. 131500 then this morning advised me to get regular service buses instead despite them not getting close to the station I needed to be at and would take just as long.

The line has been closed since Friday, that should've been enough time to put in place a proper plan yet as expected they choose to be totally opaque and leave people in the dark as to what exactly is going on.

I'd like to say if this was Sydney they'd be a bit more Transparent and have their act together but I've seen similar track closures happen before and people there are also in the dark.
LB608

Post by LB608 »

I guest those buses would be emergency buses operating as rail flood buses where possible
ScaniaGrenda

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

101 things today

*sigh*

my Sat Nav unit is on the fritz and randomly shuts down during a drive and attempts to reboot numerous time.

This morning I went to print some photos and managed to lose my SD card on the way back to the car, only realised after I'd made the drive back home and it wasn't in my pocket anymore so I had to turn around, go back to the shops, circle the parking lot for 10 minutes trying to find a park, find a park, search where I was parked before and couldn't see it (was in a Ziplock bag). I had footage from one of the Steamfests too but I think the RAW footage would still be on the old Camera hopefully.

I did let management know and they told me they had security "search" the parking lot and try to retrace my steps but couldn't find it either, if someone has picked it up and not handed it in I hope they enjoy the 8GB card.

Lesson learned, If I'm going to be stupid enough to take an SD card up in the future I'm putting my contact details on there and putting it into my wallet next time around instead of my pocket.
Bus Suggestions
Favourite Vehicle: Something with a ZF Ecomat

Post by Bus Suggestions »

Not entirely sure how, but it seems as if indicators don't exist in half of the cars in Perth...
I'd post any important, bus-related links I had, but they're outdated anyways.
Merc1107

Post by Merc1107 »

You get that when the licenses of most Perthites comes from specially marked packs of Kellogg's cereals...
BanksfielderIdiot823
Favourite Vehicle: Volgrens and Ford Falcons

Post by BanksfielderIdiot823 »

Well well well, both my dad and I were ripping up shelves around the town the last few days trying to look for a favourite drink of ours, only for me to then find out from my local shopkeeper today that Coca-Cola have indeed CEASED the production for Austraila of a beloved favourite; Fanta Raspberry!!!

Coca-Cola, what the hell are you doing!??
Volgren all day, every day
Dear T80; If the decker's not a Volgren, I'm not interested.
Westbus Fairfield + Dandy Hub = perfection
Good old Collingwood forever.
Long live the potato cake.
Swift

Post by Swift »

I saw a group of six huge maoris at Hungry Jacks all order large raspberry Fantas each, so some people want it yet CCA see fit to discontinue it.
Speaking of that group, they made me uncomfortable as I went to sit down to have my meal. They gave themselves away when they suddenly went silent as I went to sit at my table. They were hidden by a partition but I caught one of the group looking at me over the top as he was seated. I had a rather tense time eating my meal before getting out of there. Why do these people have to be like this? It's like they have a chip on their shoulder. Never had a problem there before. Should have turned away as soon as I saw them walking in but I didn't want to be prejudiced. Well I was right to be this time.
Centralian

Post by Centralian »

Seeing six "huge Maoris" each with a large Rasberry Fanta would leave me with a huge grin on my face.
Probably checked you weren't taking a mobile phone snap of them for posting on Instagram or the like.
Not good for the tough image to be seen sipping those drinks.
Think for yourself, while it's still legal !
Newcastle Flyer

Post by Newcastle Flyer »

+ Yet again the woman that coughed without covering her mouth on a bus. She did say a "sorry".
White lives matter too.
Australia Day 26th Jan, the most important day in Australia as is 19 April, Cook's discovery of eastern Australia
Newcastle Flyer

• And another woman on the bus coughed without covering her mouth. But this time she was rude about it.
White lives matter too.
Australia Day 26th Jan, the most important day in Australia as is 19 April, Cook's discovery of eastern Australia
ScaniaGrenda

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

Gee I might have to avoid Newcastle buses for a while, seems like everyone has already forgotten about COVID and safer Hygiene practices and gone back to their old habits.
Newcastle Flyer

ScaniaGrenda wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:42 pm Gee I might have to avoid Newcastle buses for a while
It's not only Newcastle Transport, (or should that be Keilos Downer Hunter?).
White lives matter too.
huppypuppy
Favourite Vehicle: Custom-Denning Element BEV Bus

Post by huppypuppy »

What's giving me the irrits at the moment???

1. Our bloody lawn - freaking s*its me off right now! Mow it one weekend, mow it again 3-4 days later!
2. The bloody weather - Mother Nature is one moody b***h right now! She keeps forgetting to take her anti-mood pills!

Joe (huppypuppy)
Love the new Custom Denning vehicles
Including the Adventurer School Bus
And the Endeavour Low Floor
And the new Element 100% Electric Bus - the first Aussie BEV bus
ScaniaGrenda

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

The Australian postal system, how on earth an item that was at last scanned at a facility less than two hours away from me gets "DELAYED" is way over my head. Not only that but the item is being sent by EXPRESS POST and they claim they are treating those with the up most priority. In other terms nothing more than a lie and you'd be better off just going via regular post.

Everything you hear from Australia post is just lie after lie after lie, it's been well over a year since COVID and they still haven't improved things? (While I didn't opt for express post and the Seller did, I still expect better from AP if it's an express post item). At the moment Express post is nothing more than a scam, we'll still charge you extra if you want it but we're not going to really prioritise it but we'll make it look like it.

Lesson learned, if it was coming via regular post this probably wouldn't be happening.
Merc1107

Post by Merc1107 »

Regular post is the pits right now. I sent some Christmas cards to some friends within Perth... Think it was 2wks before anyone sent a text message thanking me for the cards. Some mail interstate is taking 3, 4 weeks or more.

I can understand international mail being backlogged due to lack of flights, the ship stuck in the Suez etc. But internally, with numerous flights daily between most capitals? Trains and trucks presumably running as normal? Spare me the lies.
captainch
Favourite Vehicle: was 3533 m/o 687

Post by captainch »

Australia post states on its web site mail will return to normal end of june,2021.
"CAPTAIN.C.H "Lives in the home of "SUGAR CANE' not "chickens" :lol: :lol:.........."INGHAM NTH QLD"
ScaniaGrenda

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

What's unbelievable is that this item was coming from Melbourne - NEWCASTLE (NSW), it went through Melbourne Aiport at 6:24 PM on the 6th of April, then the next scan was at Sydney West at 3:22 AM (7th April) it got from Melbourne - Sydney quick but for some unknown reason something has gone Ka-put with Auspost and an item that's now less than 2 hours away is not going to be delivered this week.

I did call Auspost which now shows "Enquiry lodged" on the tracker and they told me it will be on board for delivery this Monday coming (12th). Still an express posted item, 2 hours away somehow expanded into 3+ days (not including Saturday / Sunday) to be *possibly* delivered to me. I really want to facepalm at how they seriously managed to screw this up.

While delays can't really be accounted for, I think in instances where the item is in my case less than 2 hours away and it's going to take 3+ days to deliver it and it's express posted, the seller should be refunded half of the costs, I mean they did pay for a priority service and now it's no longer a priority service now is it?

What a joke.

Return to “The Lunch Room”