What gives you the S&#T's!?

Somewhere to discuss things that don't fit into other categories.

Moderator: busrider

Swift
Favourite Vehicle: Porshe 911 Carerra

Re: What gives you the S&#T's!?

Post by Swift »

On one trip on a Busways service on the central coast there was two instances of high school students getting on well after school hours without tapping a card.
In the second instances it was ad group of four and they had a mini standoff with the driver until they all got on.
The driver was visibly stirred as she started driving rough after this. I felt sorry for her and others who must endure this crap regularly.
The saving graces were they travelled only a very short distance and they behaved. An added annoying factor however is these bludgers made the bus stop twice on their account all without paying.
NSW, the state that embraces mediocrity.
Newcastle Flyer

Post by Newcastle Flyer »

• That International Women's Day is well advertised, yet International Men's Day goes practically unnoticed. Who knew their was a International Men's Day?

• Is it me, or have some of the green traffic light signal length been shortened? The other day, the green cycle only let half a car through before it turned to orange again.
White lives matter too.
Australia Day 26th Jan, the most important day in Australia as is 19 April, Cook's discovery of eastern Australia
Heihachi_73

Post by Heihachi_73 »

Sounds like the usual double standards coming from long-outdated perceptions such as:

Women can't possibly be violent against men, let alone starting a fight unprovoked.
"Black" people can't possibly be racist because only "white" people are racist.
Muslims are all suicide bombers and can't possibly be world leaders, billionaire CEOs, doctors, professional sportspeople etc.
Under-18s can't possibly cause physical harm to adults or do other illegal things, as "children" are apparently physically incapable of doing so until 12AM on their 18th birthday.
ScaniaGrenda
Favourite Vehicle: Scania,Volvo or Mercedes Buses

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

I'm sick of Windows 10 causing me to be unable to eject my external drive properly because something is hogging onto it even after I've closed all open applications (including ones that don't have files open on the HDD). Doesn't happen with my flash-drives but happens with my external drive.

Sigh.

fix your problems with your OS Microsoft.
Transport enthusiast & photographer / videographer since 2016, documenting & preserving our local Transport History through videos & photos.
BAMBAM

Post by BAMBAM »

I'm sick of people who try to restart threads with inactivity like trivia or games where they ask a question and when I answer they don't reply. Why try to restart a thread of a game or trivia and then when people reply you ignore them like you never wrote anything

:evil: :evil: :evil:
Swift

Post by Swift »

Human beings in general.
Jimmy Carter was onto something reputedly being a misanthrope.
Swift

Post by Swift »

Endless versions of TimTams a greedy Arnotts keeps bringing out. I stick with their core range as I was disappointed with a couple I tried before.
I'm always happy with the double choc version.
385BUZ
Favourite Vehicle: Volgren Optimus

Post by 385BUZ »

Oh yes, the double choc version never ceases to disappoint. But some of the 'new' ones they've brought out are just shocking!
Regards,
385BUZ

TransLink Route 385. Bus Upgrade Zone.

If you need to contact me privately, please email: 385buz@gmail.com
ScaniaGrenda

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

A lot of food is hit & miss these days, one time it tastes like something you could eat forever, the next it tastes like pure & utter rubbish (No flavor or is bland). I could rant on & on about this but I'm sure you don't want to see that. Biggest pet-hate is when companies tweak their awesome food recipe and it goes from great to crap. Woolworths use to make the most best packaged butter popcorn, one day they tweaked the recipe, redesigned the packaging and that was that, I purchased the new stuff and guess what? Utter & complete tasteless, just like the other packaged popcorns. They call it butter flavor but I can hardly taste the butter.

And then there's Pringles, let's change production plants, shrink the size of the tin but charge consumers full price. I shouldn't support their decision but I love Pringles even if the quality has hit rock bottom, tried the off-brand stuff and it wasn't as good. I know I can be fussy & picky but it's who I am when it comes to food.

On another topic, a lot on my mind, I want to do something but I just can't get the responses from people on how I can do better, why honestly do I even bother anymore? I put time in and people won't even give me the time of day to help me out how I can improve on myself or what they'd like to see from me. Being tired, stressed and anxious a lot doesn't help matters either.
Transport enthusiast & photographer / videographer since 2016, documenting & preserving our local Transport History through videos & photos.
Swift

Post by Swift »

I've really taken to the plain salted Pringles of late instead of the flavoured varieties. Funny enough, they seem to sell out the fastest around here, so others feel the same?
I miss the cheddar cheese ones that were full of the delicious orange cheese powder goodness 😁.
Definitely the cheap imitations aren't as good.
ScaniaGrenda

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

Another bus enthusiast website gone, Showbus (UK), I tried visiting their website a few days ago to find in layman's terms they'd packed up shop without warning. Sad because while Showbus wasn't a modern-looking website, they were a website that showed images of buses all from around the world and had exclusive photos (Including Australian) that were not to be found elsewhere, they also had a page dedicated to all the Australian bus models including unreleased ones by Ozbus for example. Now that they're gone it's another loss in the bus enthusiast sector, the photos they had also dated years back, with the site being gone those images are all lost to time, I'm very big on preservation so I can feel the pain. (Scratch this, turns out they didn't shutdown their site but their having domain troubles)

The other bus enthusiast site that shut down recently was Busglobe, another bus enthusiast photo sharing website. Like the situation here, people have probably flocked off to Facebook or found new hobbies and moved on. With possibly little traffic to the site as well as the cost of paying for the domain name, hosting and all that, it was probably decided in the end it wasn't worthwhile keeping the site around. Again like Showbus, Busglobe also had exclusive Australian photos now also lost to time unless the photographers of all the photos are willing to reupload them to Flickr or still have the raw image files.

I'm not saying either Busglobe shut down because of what I mentioned above but it doesn't surprise me if I'm actually correct in this case.
Heihachi_73

Post by Heihachi_73 »

The issue with Pringles wasn't a flavour change, but the Australian importer (Kellogg's IIRC) changing manufacturers to suit their bottom line (Malaysia is apparently an order of magnitude cheaper than USA). If you want Pringles with the proper flavour and size you have to find a shop that imports them from America (it's a wonder Costco doesn't stock them being a US company, but no, they too only offer bulk packs of the usual 134g Malaysian crap). The Reject Shop used to stock the American 158g ones but have since reverted to the 134g Malaysian ones (but at least they have the decency to charge $2 for them instead of $4 at the supermarkets).
Swift

Post by Swift »

I always referred to that recalcitrant country as Mal-Asia.
It just shouldn't be there.
ScaniaGrenda

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

I'm not really big on flavors, there's only two I like, plain / original and Salt & Vinegar. I only know of one specialty shop around here and I don't think they stock American Pringles if Pringles at all, maybe it can be a special request if said stores are willing to budge, who knows.

I think your a little bit wrong on flavor change, I can definitely tell flavor has changed, the American Pringles (at least S&V) you could lick, eat and the the flavor would come off right onto your tongue it was a strong hint like it should be, these Malaysian ones you can sorta do the same but the flavor isn't as long lasting, very minor - mild at best.

Years ago when the change was made, I noticed that storing these Malaysian ones in cupboard after the paper seal has been opened but the plastic cap put back on would go stale very quickly, I could do the same with the American one and it wouldn't be stale after a couple of days. Before you say it's my storing conditions I can assure you not, I've stored plenty of other food in the cupboard and not had it go stale as quickly as pringles if stale at all.

In the switch they've definitely changed a lot more than what meets the eye when you look at it. I only buy it when on special now and it's a single tin, never will I be paying $4 again unless one day they revert back to the USA made ones but let's face it, that ain't happening any time soon.
ScaniaGrenda

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

Was coming back home on the CCN line after a day out, on one of the 8 car Oscar set train I was on, someone thought it would be a great idea to use the emergency door release during the middle of the journey (as the train is heading to the next station). It was not on my carriage thankfully as I didn't hear any alarm but the guard got on over the PA and firmly scolded whoever had pulled the EDR and told them to to reset it and close it back up.
huppypuppy
Favourite Vehicle: Custom-Denning Element BEV Bus

Post by huppypuppy »

ScaniaGrenda wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 7:50 am I'm not really big on flavors, there's only two I like, plain / original and Salt & Vinegar. I only know of one specialty shop around here and I don't think they stock American Pringles if Pringles at all, maybe it can be a special request if said stores are willing to budge, who knows.
I am a big fan of the, ahem, Dill Pickle Pringles - one tube will last me 10 minutes!
Love the new Custom Denning vehicles
Including the Adventurer School Bus
And the Endeavour Low Floor
And the new Element 100% Electric Bus - the first Aussie BEV bus
Swift

Post by Swift »

Oh dear, your body won't thank you for that.
huppypuppy
Favourite Vehicle: Custom-Denning Element BEV Bus

Post by huppypuppy »

Swift wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 5:59 pm Oh dear, your body won't thank you for that.
Swift, I'm of German descent! Anything with dill in it, including those Pringles, is welcome with me
Love the new Custom Denning vehicles
Including the Adventurer School Bus
And the Endeavour Low Floor
And the new Element 100% Electric Bus - the first Aussie BEV bus
ScaniaGrenda

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

Trying to sell on Scrubtree is never easy. I've listed an item with no price but said I'm negotiable (open to offers). I'm not expecting to get a whole lot but I just want it gone. If I list an item for free essentially no one wants it, if I price it a little high I just get utter timewasters so hence why at this point I just said I'm open to offers. As long as it's not a silly offer I'll more than likely accept it.

People can't read beyond the title and it's annoying having to repeat myself constantly.

Potential buyer = PB
Me = well me

PB - Are you open to offers?

*me already sighing at this point*

Me - Yes as per the listing description I am open to offers

PB - How much do you want it for it?

Me - I don't have an exact figure in mind but please name your price

And silence

Jeebus, all you had to do was name a price and I 99% would've accepted it, worst case if I said no I would've said maybe if your willing to pay $10 more I'll accept it.

I've tried to sell this item before numerous times, all resulted in timewasters and tire kickers and the usual "Is it still available" crowd and you'd respond and never hear anything more so after getting fed up I took it down. I'd list it on Ebay just to stop half of these morons but I'm not ready to deal with a crazy john or Karen whining because of a minor detail and having a defect put on my good account.
Swift

Post by Swift »

They don't like having to think up a price for themselves without a base to work off of but are happy to lowball you when you give them one. They are just worthless bludgers most of them.
ScaniaGrenda

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

You mean they don't like having to think up of a price themselves because they know what their going to offer is utterly ridiculous or is to much to type in the $ and a few numbers depending on the item and what it would be valued at.

I looked at that persons GT profile, Sydney based. I probably dodged a bullet because the next stage would've been "Can you post it?" and I would've sat back and gone "are you serious?". The item is too big to post and even if I did I'd lose more than I'd make from the sale and besides Gumtree is for local face to face sales only. Not saying it would've came to this but why would a person based in Sydney be wanting an item that's essentially a two hours plus drive away. Seems a lot to go for an item that wouldn't fetch much anyway.

he/she never responded back after I told him to give me a price, so they were not serious after all. Just another tire kicker.

Super Edit: I thought if I can't sell this, I'm just going to call up a few charities or educational institutes and see if they'll want it and I'll donate it, at least then it's out of my hands and those timewasters can go kick rocks elsewhere, their loss, maybe if they didn't give me the run around 100% of the time one of them could've had something nice.
Merc1107
Favourite Vehicle: MAN 18.310, MB O405NH, L94

Post by Merc1107 »

ScaniaGrenda wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:15 pm You mean they don't like having to think up of a price themselves because they know what their going to offer is utterly ridiculous or is to much to type in the $ and a few numbers depending on the item and what it would be valued at.
The generic "Hi, I'd like to offer $X" messages Gumtree will do up for you are annoying. Selling books on there before, I've had folks then say, "No, I don't want to pay that, that is too much!" ... So why'd you offer that?
ScaniaGrenda

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

Honestly In reality, I wouldn't touch Gumtree for selling at all. I would prefer Ebay but there's seller fees and then there's the people who will be all happy first with the item but soon enough they'll find some minor defect, whine to Ebay & Ebay sides with them, I'm left with Unfair NEG feedback and the seller probably not only gets to keep my item but also doesn't have to refund me.

Deal with Gumtree as we're all aware is there is no fees unless you want to do things like bump up the ad or make it more visible however a huge amount and I mean huge are just in it for the 5 seconds of time wasting. The only time I had people serious is when I paid them to get rid of an item I couldn't throw out in the household bin because it was too big and companies were wanting to charge me a fortune just to dispose of a piece of furniture.

I'm really out of options for how I can get rid of stuff that is still decent and would be a waste to through out in the rubbish bin. I just don't know what to do anymore.
Newcastle Flyer

Post by Newcastle Flyer »

LOUD PASSENGERS- They can give you a headache.
White lives matter too.
Australia Day 26th Jan, the most important day in Australia as is 19 April, Cook's discovery of eastern Australia
ScaniaGrenda

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

Gumtree again, why am I surrounded in a population of people (not everyone but majority of GT potential buyers) that is unable to give me a straight answer?

Listed another item, again no price in mind but open to offers, accepted it and said they could have it for that price (it's worth the price their offering anyway) yesterday I asked if they wanted me to deliver it to them for a small fee (fuel isn't cheap but I make it worthwhile saving people the hassle of coming to my place) they rejected and I said, okay let me know when your available and I'll give you my address so you can pick it up, I mean all they said was no to delivery but didn't mention if they were no longer interested or still wanted the item, as far as I'm still concerned they still want the item.

They've read that response but never sent another message back. I'm getting real fed up at this point, just type I'm no longer interested and that saves me the hassle of wasting my time typing to you asking if you want it or not when I could have someone else lined up who is serious.

The Sydney guy never messaged me back, few days later after my "name a price" response to them, they again were not serious.

I swear these idiots back out of deals over the smallest thing, tell them to give you a price on how much they want to pay, nope better drop the matter now and ghost the seller, "Is item XYZ still available?" Yes sure it is are you happy to come and pick it up now? No further responses even 24 hours later, item is overpriced by $5, I ain't buying that. Good, because you were never serious on buying it in the first place. If $5 upsets you then I've got a free bridge to sell.

As mentioned the other day, I'm stuck with GT as much as I hate being a "occasional seller", 99% of people is just time wasting, unintelligent (sorry but needs to be said) to type a complete sentence and don't have the decency to tell you their no longer interested. There is also a huge mighty good reason why I only talk through Gumtree messages and not my own private number, god knows what people would send me if I did messaging through my mobile.

Return to “The Lunch Room”