What gives you the S&#T's!?

Somewhere to discuss things that don't fit into other categories.

Moderator: busrider

Bus Suggestions
Favourite Vehicle: Something with a ZF Ecomat

Re: What gives you the S&#T's!?

Post by Bus Suggestions »

busrider wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:07 am Although this is the non transport section, it is becoming rather tedious to read.
No offence to anyone, but in my opinion, some of the topics discussed here can be and are becoming a bit of a stressful topic to read.

Anyways, aside from that talk and unrelated to anything really political, I witnessed a selfish idiot (word used in lieu of a nastier but more suitable term) stand, looking down at his phone, on the elevator (otherwise known as lift). Normally, this would be of no concern to me, but not only was he on the lift, but he was half out of the lift as well. He was standing right where the doors would close, preventing the lift from closing doors and going down at request of those who actually need the lift. He was absorbed so much in whatever was on his phone that he was oblivious to the fact that a train had arrived and people were waiting for the lift below. When he finally moved (after what was, I assume, an automated message), he simply took a step forward. Not out of the way or anything, just enough for the doors to close, meaning people had to squeeze around him (while he was still looking down at his phone oblivious to everything else) to actually get out.

These types of people really boil my blood, and I assume a lot of other people's blood too. Will it hurt to get off your phone for TEN BLOODY SECONDS?!?
I'd post any important, bus-related links I had, but they're outdated anyways.
MotorOmnibus8562
Favourite Vehicle: Hybrid/Electric lowfloors.

Post by MotorOmnibus8562 »

Welcome to the world of the undead phone zombies
Only Stupid people invented vapes.
Betting ads are pests
Corn, Corn, Corn, Corn, Corn, A post on this thread, corn
Dyson's #463 - Beast! 8)
Big Engine Mechanic
Favourite Vehicle: My94NCLTDFairlaneTickfordGear

Post by Big Engine Mechanic »

Wow @Bus Suggestions then you must have had an easier life.

@Cazza
@Merc1107
Australia is going down the drain because of people like this and there are many it's rediculous guessing. The government knows what's going on.

-Trump made China's economy the worst it's been
in 65+ years.
-Where do you guys get your information from?
The TV/Internet?

How about trying to get billionaires accounting books and see who's paying who and where their money is going, get into their meetings, you would be surprised alot of billionaires hide what they are and what they are doing to the world.

I mentioned China's 45% carbon emissions because stupid protesters are protesting everywhere else in the world but China!

I know who has the best renewable energy for housing and it's in Australia an empire is in the process of being built and these people at the moment are kicking China up the backside also in the near future they will be moving into the mechanical side, they own the patents and licence to alot of inventions and knows who else does and they are from all over the world, those people are working on putting China over the barrel instead of China doing it to people when they see something with dollar signs, China have been stealing and is still trying to steal everyones technology.

-The best solar panels in the world are made in
Tasmania.

Here I am knowing the truth, running around putting my life at risk to try and put my best efforts in to protect this country for people like this im starting to understand why people don't want to join the army anymore.
Big Engine Mechanic

If climate change wasn't a hoax protesters would be protesting in China but China pays the Democrats to start these protests on the western world to get the westerners to turn on businesses in the west.
busrider
Administrator
Favourite Vehicle: Maybe not my car...

Post by busrider »

Do they even allow protests in China?
Swift
Favourite Vehicle: Porshe 911 Carerra

Post by Swift »

Not in 1989 they didn't. I personally saw photos of the dead.
NSW, the state that embraces mediocrity.
Big Engine Mechanic

@Swift Exactly and here are people saying China is great, well they are being told they are great by the corrupt media but in reality people will get shot if they protest in China and for many other reasons as well.
busrider
Administrator

Post by busrider »

So even if they did believe in climate change, they wouldn't be allowed to protest about it, correct?
Big Engine Mechanic

@busrider Correct, in China No but our young generation is not aware of the worlds corrupt leaders. I remember youngsters not that long ago protesting in Australia about climate change egged on by their school teachers holding signs with derogative remarks about Scomo when our carbon emissions are only 01.5 % of the world's emissions, then he dropped it to 01.3 % and since Covid 19 it could be lower.
MotorOmnibus8562

Don't forget about emissions per person!
Betting ads are pests
Dyson's #463 - Beast! 8)
Big Engine Mechanic

@MotorOmnibus8562
Well then maybe I need to be annihilated because I've been farting alot, too many green beans. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Big Engine Mechanic

This is what gives me the S&#T's;
https://youtu.be/3DbE2SmV2bs
Man I hate Sleepy Joe
And this is to lighten up the mood;
https://youtu.be/01Tou0D76a8
Aarr Trump is so funny !
scott

Post by scott »

Channel Ten ditching Judge Judy in favour of an encore screening of The Bachelor.

Judge Judy is funny. The Bachelor is trash.
Campbelltown busboy

Post by Campbelltown busboy »

scott wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 6:38 pm Channel Ten ditching Judge Judy in favour of an encore screening of The Bachelor.

Judge Judy is funny. The Bachelor is trash.
When is this happening how did you find this out I've looked up three different digital TV guides and they all have Judge Judy listed to air channel 10 normally airs encores of shows from the previous night after Dr Phil
scott

Post by scott »

This could of been just in Melbourne, turned it on at 3pm, The Batchelor was on, brought up the EPG, no mention of Judge Judy, just went straight into the cooking show. There has been a few days where they have shown two Judge Judy episodes back to back.

She has some very stupid people in her court. Lots of people suing over dogs lately.
ScaniaGrenda
Favourite Vehicle: Scania,Volvo or Mercedes Buses

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

My tolerance for Free to Air television is very very low, I use to be able to tolerate it but when it's commercials every 5 minuets and crappy low quality TV shows to boot that is where the line is crossed. We gave up what small entertainment sector we had for this reality TV (why even call it reality, none of it is real, it's scripted) garbage.

We call ourselves a first world country and I'm appreciative for what we've got but there is definitely areas we should be embarrassed about and our entertainment networks is one of them. Even NZ is smaller and could probably produce better content than what we could pull out in a year.

I've only just come back to watching those emergency service shows, RBT, Paramedics(the one based in Melbourne) and whatever else fits into that category. Everything else is Love show this, the Voice that, The block ugh none of which it interests me. Great then that doesn't make me the televisions sectors target audience so they couldn't give a care about people that fit into the demographic I sit in.

Don't get me started on PayTV either, that's a whole other kettle of fish to talk about. Now days if I want to watch something I know where to find it Online but too bad none of it is Australian made content as that's what I'd sometimes prefer to watch for a change.

Oh actually before I forget, I like Outback Truckers and Railroad Australia but AFAIK their only on Foxtel via the discovery channel (or A&E for Outback Truckers)
Transport enthusiast & photographer / videographer since 2016, documenting & preserving our local Transport History through videos & photos.
Swift

Post by Swift »

I like ice road truckers from Canada.
Big Engine Mechanic

Don't get me started on who controls TV Actually we aren't too bad compared to what they do with TV in other countries, I'm not sure how to put it but we have manners.
Heihachi_73

Post by Heihachi_73 »

I made the same mistake (re: The Batchelor) a few days ago but after Seven News*, was greeted with about 9 seconds worth of The Farmer Wants a Wife before finding the remote. It seems that the very bottom of the barrel still hasn't been found by the Big Three (how are 7/9/10 not completely out of business yet? Granted, 10 did kick the bucket only to be propped up by America).

* Always fun to watch the laughable Murdoch "news" before jumping to the ABC though.

It's a joke that Outback Truckers isn't on Australian free to air, especially when we get similar things like Ax Men on 7mate, albeit at hopeless hours like 3AM (of course, any earlier and it would have six minutes of ads back to back for every two minutes of program to stretch it out from 20 minutes to an hour).

Too many times I've flicked through the Foxtel TV guide after midnight to find a trifecta of Home Shopping/Global Shop Direct on 7, 9 and 10 alike and nothing at all worth watching on Foxtel or the FTA variants. When that happens, my old (original) NES gets a good workout.
Big Engine Mechanic

Sometimes I watch 60 Minutes But most of it is twisted lies. I used to like watching American Horror story "Asylum, Freakshow and Supernatural because of that 67 Impala, Guns and the fact they mostly ate burgers and the funny way Dean would say "SAM.
Big Engine Mechanic

When Moderators and Administrators really have a bad day.
Attachments
american-psycho_o_1941613.jpg
busrider
Administrator

Post by busrider »

Yes, that definitely does it for me...
Swift

Post by Swift »

Hey Paul...
MotorOmnibus8562

Thieves that steal content from youtubers and attack those who originally created the content in the first place for calling them out. there was one particular youtuber who films garbage trucks in his local area that is being targeted by thieves (or maybe the thief was one person creating all those accounts just to steal content from the youtuber, I hope google bans the IP address thst is creating those accounts to steal the content)
Last edited by MotorOmnibus8562 on Mon Aug 17, 2020 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Betting ads are pests
Dyson's #463 - Beast! 8)
ScaniaGrenda
Favourite Vehicle: Scania,Volvo or Mercedes Buses

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

Losing your only phone charger with a phone that has a battery that has gone down the drain

Having two nightmares on the same night, doesn't make it an easy nor nice start to the day

prices of charger cables even generic charger cables
Transport enthusiast & photographer / videographer since 2016, documenting & preserving our local Transport History through videos & photos.

Return to “The Lunch Room”