What gives you the S&#T's!?

Somewhere to discuss things that don't fit into other categories.

Moderator: busrider

TA3001
Favourite Vehicle: 1640. In service - 1738

Re: What gives you the S&#T's!?

Post by TA3001 »

Newcastle Flyer wrote:• People that quote whole posts - especially when they are the previous post, and especially when they have a picture inside that quote, no matter how large the picture is inside the quote.

• Opal so called "customer care". He thought he was correct.

You mean like this? Am I doing it exactly right?
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

No = your question should not be in the quote - but just quoting the rest is not necessary as shown in the guidelines.
Living in the Shire.
Swift
Favourite Vehicle: Porshe 911 Carerra

Post by Swift »

How politically charged some shows are these days and how seriously the hosts take it, particularly mega LEFT WING ones with an agenda behind them such as The Drum and Q&A on the ABC and The Project on Ten.
You can cut the air with a knife through your television, such is the uptight self righteous tension evident.
NSW, the state that embraces mediocrity.
TA3001

Post by TA3001 »

Ratway - Having all the ****ing chairs stacked up except for two at the other end of the store 45 minutes before closing time. I went in there yesterday, and the chairs were stacked up for alleged cleaning purposes or something.

Next thing, some psychotic deadbeat stops adjacent to a table that I have selected to dine at (after dragging a chair halfway across the store), and has an outburst at someone or something, and then leaves the store. Around the same time (give or take a few minutes), the grumpy sales dude has an adverse reaction to a remark I made about the chair arrangement (yes it was slightly satirical), but it doesn't justify what I interpreted to be threats to call the police or something. Fortunately I end up just consuming the roll and getting the hell out of there without further trouble.

And this all occurred in Adelaide's most notorious shanty town - Hindley St. You'll always find the biggest lowlives imaginable at the dump that is the Adelaide CBD.

And in addition to this, society annoys me. You have to be a complete a***hole to get anywhere in this near dormant idle wasteland (AKA Earth), otherwise one's 'life' seems like a complete waste of time.

Also, running 10 minutes late doesn't give a bus driver the right to do 75kph in a 60 zone in the Adelaide parklands. Wasn't a bad recording though. And it's not the most extreme case of speeding I've seen with Torrens Transit either.

If anything not so crap came out of today, it was not ending up in any of the tedBus Coke cans.
Newcastle Flyer

Post by Newcastle Flyer »

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2019/1 ... hour-long/

And just is/who are the "animals" again?
TA3001 wrote:And this all occurred in Adelaide's most notorious shanty town - Hindley St.
(My emphasis on Hindley St.)

And let me guess, it was a certain restaurant chain - that has "cardboard like" hamburgers?
White lives matter too.
Australia Day 26th Jan, the most important day in Australia as is 19 April, Cook's discovery of eastern Australia
TA3001

Post by TA3001 »

The restaurant is mentioned at the start of the post. The name is changed due to an unwelcome occupant being found in a roll once.
Newcastle Flyer

Post by Newcastle Flyer »

WARNING: May find the following distressing:
https://7news.com.au/news/animals/womba ... e-c-484946
7 News wrote:"Stevens says the wombat did not die straight away, but was left to suffer."
Just who are we calling animals again?
White lives matter too.
Australia Day 26th Jan, the most important day in Australia as is 19 April, Cook's discovery of eastern Australia
BanksfielderIdiot823
Favourite Vehicle: Volgrens and Ford Falcons

Post by BanksfielderIdiot823 »

Checking and seeing an update to the CDC NSW fleetlist...

If it is true, then we now have the second Optimus decker to be evicted from Sydney. Meanwhile while Transit Systems Region 3 recently accommodated another three CDis...

I feel a burning anger against a particular bus body building company growing in my bus-fanatical mind again.
Volgren all day, every day
Dear T80; If the decker's not a Volgren, I'm not interested.
Westbus Fairfield + Dandy Hub = perfection
Good old Collingwood forever.
Long live the potato cake.
TA3001

Post by TA3001 »

Seeing a Volgren electric bus interior, whilst knowing we're not gonna get any over the next 10 years, due to the 'company' that the previous poster is referring to somehow acquiring the contract.
ScaniaGrenda
Favourite Vehicle: Scania,Volvo or Mercedes Buses

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

No idea why CDC NSW is so silent on Hybrid buses while meanwhile their sister counterpart in Victoria is all over it. There's probably not a need for them in NSW at this time in the fleet but it wouldn't hurt if they tested 1-5 of them up here (each at various depots). Would give them some further good PR and would probably force other competing companies to pick up their game. Port Stephens Coaches recently over the past couple of months just obtained two hybrids (one being the ex ACT one, the other being the one that spent time in Melbourne and NZ). Tho I'm yet to see other companies around here including CDC or Keolis Downer give hybrids a run for it's money. Surely this is something Keolis Downer or CDC NSW would've wanted to beat other companies too?

I'll wait for Hybrids but I'm not holding my breath on them coming anytime soon but I'd give it another 5-10 years before their hopefully more mainstream.

Edit: Another reason I could think of why their holding out is their waiting for other companies to trial it and see how efficient & financial it is but at the end of the day, we know at some point in the future their going to become mainstream so they'll come eventually but just probably not for the time being.
Transport enthusiast & photographer / videographer since 2016, documenting & preserving our local Transport History through videos & photos.
captainch
Favourite Vehicle: was 3533 m/o 687

RAIL DELAYS

Post by captainch »

Once again more train delays The Premier & Transport Minister saying no 'FREE TRAVEL' Maybe a class action is need for ' NON DELIVERY' of servive??? Its becomming a to ofen occurance AS FOR THE' SYDNEY TRAINS APOLERGY'.....It has become a stock standard answer if it was a private company they would be fined ect the travelling public are over it and going back to cars. thats why the roads are so clogged!
"CAPTAIN.C.H "Lives in the home of "SUGAR CANE' not "chickens" :lol: :lol:.........."INGHAM NTH QLD"
Campbelltown busboy

Post by Campbelltown busboy »

ScaniaGrenda wrote:No idea why CDC NSW is so silent on Hybrid buses while meanwhile their sister counterpart in Victoria is all over it. There's probably not a need for them in NSW at this time in the fleet but it wouldn't hurt if they tested 1-5 of them up here (each at various depots). Would give them some further good PR and would probably force other competing companies to pick up their game. Port Stephens Coaches recently over the past couple of months just obtained two hybrids (one being the ex ACT one, the other being the one that spent time in Melbourne and NZ). Tho I'm yet to see other companies around here including CDC or Keolis Downer give hybrids a run for it's money. Surely this is something Keolis Downer or CDC NSW would've wanted to beat other companies too?
I saw somewhere that the interior of the Bustech hybrid that went to NZ and then ended up in Victoria was STA spec I'm not sure where I saw it or if it's true
TA3001

Post by TA3001 »

A strange sounding O'bahn equipped Scania K230UB getting my attention lately.

It's idling is almost a tune of it's own in a way. I'm pretty sure that it's due to the differential in the bus. It actually has a rear window, and it's not at St Agnes.

Post by 3805 »

Daylight saving. Enough said.
Комитет государственной безопасности​
Swift

Post by Swift »

The "meedja's" very selective coverage of Donald Trump.
I just saw a rally in full and it was better than any rock concert. It's so obvious they are determined to paint him as negatively as they can.
Heihachi_73

Post by Heihachi_73 »

TA3001 wrote:Some ****t**d Coles worker drawing attention to me using Woolies bags whilst shopping in Coles. Like it was the funniest thing he had seen all day.

My response was "If your bags could stay intact for 15 minutes, I wouldn't have to rely on these would I?"
Coles. The only supermarket which refuses rainchecks when they are out of stock. Or at least the one at Ringwood Square (store 637). That store has gone downhill ever since it was refurbished.

As for the 15c bags, ironically, the Coles 15c bags (barcode 9348372143330) are made in Germany while the Aldi bags are made in Australia. Coles doesn't disclose the product of origin for the newer bags (9348372142227). I can't find one of the first batch (which didn't have the red polka dots) from back when there were being handed out for free. On the other hand, Coles Liquorland bags are made in Australia, go figure. Woolies' bags are from either Germany, Thailand or Malaysia (I have one of each).

And as for using rivals' items, I will happily rescue a lost Woolies/Aldi/Savers trolley from the carpark and dump it next to Coles near their own trolley bay, people always grab them since they don't need $1 to unlock it. :)
scott

Post by scott »

My dad got a new mobile phone, on special and he asked me to help him set it up with Bluetooth in his Lexus NX300. The 290 odd page Navigation/Mutimedia manual is very vague and we could not get it to pair.

Why can't car manuals be concise and easy to understand, there are 4 manuals in the Lexus, a tome of an Owners Manual, service/warranty booklet, quick reference booklet and the nav/audio guide. Finding out how to set the clock to daylight saving required a lot of page turning too.

Dad took it back to the Lexus dealer and they paired it, he said the service guy could do it in his sleep.
MotorOmnibus8562
Favourite Vehicle: Hybrid/Electric lowfloors.

Post by MotorOmnibus8562 »

Labor and liberal too busy fighting, Believe me, nothing is getting done about the climate crisis with these two totally opposite parties fighting, it will be way better if greens took liberal’s place then something will actually get done.
Only Stupid people invented vapes.
Betting ads are pests
Corn, Corn, Corn, Corn, Corn, A post on this thread, corn
Dyson's #463 - Beast! 8)
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

Heaven help us if that ever took place - that would really give me the whatevers.
Living in the Shire.
Swift

Post by Swift »

Watermelons.
TA3001

Post by TA3001 »

Triple posts on forums! Oh hang on, it was actually a sextuple post. Even Railpage doesn't go this low!

And no, it wasn't here. Just on some random forum about a male giving birth to a healthy baby (or close enough).
Swift

Post by Swift »

Female Bunnings staff. They have no knowledge and are stuck up as hell. I hate them. Stick to cosmetic counters and stay away from a man's domain.
TA3001

Post by TA3001 »

The SA DPTI scrapping the free alleged 'smart card' distribution due to increased turnover. The current Flintstones system is already screwed up enough, with the ridiculously high fares and other obviously flaws that they don't give a stuff about fixing.

Like talking to a brick wall, speaking to these folks. Total BS.

Post by 3805 »

MotorOmnibus8562 wrote: ...it will be way better if greens took liberal’s place then something will actually get done.
You. Can't. Be. Friggin. Serious. The greens? Dude!

Worried about climate change? Want the greens in power? What exactly are you doing to help? Do you use electricity? Maybe a smart phone? Do you buy consumables from a store?

Pull your head out of your arse. Or put your money where your mouth is and go live naked in a cave. That's what the greenies want us to do. The climate hasn't stopped changing since day dot. It's normal and natural. Trying to stop climate change is like trying to stop the tides. I should try to start a campaign to stop brainwashing by left-wing, tree-hugging bleeding-hearts loonies.
Комитет государственной безопасности​
ScaniaGrenda
Favourite Vehicle: Scania,Volvo or Mercedes Buses

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

The fact there was a bushfire not far from me and the Media didn't cover any of it and I can't even find a mention of it on the RFS website.

I mean I get it was at 11PM at night on a Weekend but how the hell could their be no coverage over such a major thing?

Is 20 fire trucks showing up not grounds to make this a news story or cover it?

And yet the media is too busy playing political favourites & sucking up to Scomo & Trump to report on the real important matters.

As for the fire, everyone reckons it was the neighbourhood Derros who started it and caused it to spread. I hope if their behind it, they got their laugh. Probably would snicker too at the tally if peoples homes got ruined and people got killed and the law would still only slap them on the wrists. Sometimes I hate society and laws.
Transport enthusiast & photographer / videographer since 2016, documenting & preserving our local Transport History through videos & photos.

Return to “The Lunch Room”