Political discussion

Somewhere to discuss things that don't fit into other categories.

Moderator: busrider

Swift
Favourite Vehicle: Porshe 911 Carerra

Re: Political discussion

Post by Swift »

I heard Tony Albanese getting stroppy with a reporter on the radio today when pressed about something to do with Barny being back. Man he's annoying as opp leader.
Okay as a shadow minister. Some people need to realise they're a niche player.
NSW, the state that embraces mediocrity.
Campbelltown busboy

Post by Campbelltown busboy »

The way that the CCP is treating Taiwan now is like how the Soviet Union was treating Czechoslovakia back when the Soviets where occupying counties in central and Eastern Europe after WW2 witch Czechoslovakia did eventually come a Soviet state so the CCP would trying to do everything posible to make Taiwan back off so then they can invade and unify the country into China
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

Campbelltown busboy wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 3:45 pm The way that the CCP is treating Taiwan now is like how the Soviet Union was treating Czechoslovakia back when the Soviets where occupying counties in central and Eastern Europe after WW2 witch Czechoslovakia did eventually come a Soviet state so the CCP would trying to do everything posible to make Taiwan back off so then they can invade and unify the country into China
Two totally different situations.
Czechoslovakia was never part of the Soviet Union until the Soviets where occupying countries in Eastern Europe so they were NOT a breakaway from Russia. On the other hand Taiwan was part of China until 1945 and since then China has always considered them a breakaway and as such still part of China.
Living in the Shire.
eddy

Post by eddy »

As Germany wants a gaurentee that Russia does not weaponise Nord stream 2, I suggest they tell Putin that if they do shut it then they will lose a customer forever.
Parrahub, an extra option in the public transport menu http://www.parrahub.org.au/
Campbelltown busboy

Australia need a better way to vote a way that cuts down on people not marking the ballot forms properly witch means that people that only go to a voting location to get their name marked off the roll to get out of receiving a fine for not voting would need to mark the house of reps ballot and the senate tablecloth ballot out correctly when it comes to a federal election then you have the correct marking of upper house and lower house ballots when it comes to state elections
eddy

Post by eddy »

Campbelltown busboy wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 6:59 pm Australia need a better way to vote a way that cuts down on people not marking the ballot forms properly witch means that people that only go to a voting location to get their name marked off the roll to get out of receiving a fine for not voting would need to mark the house of reps ballot and the senate tablecloth ballot out correctly when it comes to a federal election then you have the correct marking of upper house and lower house ballots when it comes to state elections
I had a relative who used to do donkey votes but most people who make the effort to go there in my opinion would at the last moment follow their instinct.
Parrahub, an extra option in the public transport menu http://www.parrahub.org.au/
Campbelltown busboy

The AEC should send out a single use code so elections can be done online witch would wipe out the donkey votes and the both to both multiple time voter that lies about not voting as AEC volunteers don't know that the person has already voted at another voting location in the seat on the day
eddy

Post by eddy »

Campbelltown busboy wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 11:45 am The AEC should send out a single use code so elections can be done online witch would wipe out the donkey votes and the both to both multiple time voter that lies about not voting as AEC volunteers don't know that the person has already voted at another voting location in the seat on the day
You obviously know more about it than me but only this week I did a phone survey about voting and I told him I did not trust voting on the internet although in some countries where people feel intimadated with men with guns I suppose it may be OK.
Campbelltown busboy

eddy wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 12:40 pm You obviously know more about it than me but only this week I did a phone survey about voting and I told him I did not trust voting on the internet although in some countries where people feel intimadated with men with guns I suppose it may be OK.
The code idea was bought up by my mother. She said why can't the AEC do a one time use online voting code witch is something similar to what the ABS did for this years online COVID safe census
eddy

Post by eddy »

Campbelltown busboy wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 1:29 pm
eddy wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 12:40 pm You obviously know more about it than me but only this week I did a phone survey about voting and I told him I did not trust voting on the internet although in some countries where people feel intimadated with men with guns I suppose it may be OK.
The code idea was bought up by my mother. She said why can't the AEC do a one time use online voting code witch is something similar to what the ABS did for this years online COVID safe census
When you see people with guns and lies trying to call the shots like America and Afganistan we are lucky to live in Australia.
MotorOmnibus8562
Favourite Vehicle: Hybrid/Electric lowfloors.

Post by MotorOmnibus8562 »

Matthew Guy Returned to be being the Opposition leader of Victoria
Only Stupid people invented vapes.
Betting ads are pests
Corn, Corn, Corn, Corn, Corn, A post on this thread, corn
Dyson's #463 - Beast! 8)
eddy

Post by eddy »

In my opinion many people remember how bad NSW Labor was when Kristina Kenealy was the premier.
Swift

Post by Swift »

John Fahey's government was the last stable functional government we had and it only lasted for three years and was 26 years ago when it got voted out.
We have not had a good run since.
There is too much corruption and vested interests with agendas here in NSW that holds us back. The constituents themselves don't help either.
mubd

Post by mubd »

Gladys is gone! Looks like ICAC found the smoking gun...
Eastgardens to Kingsford is a 1-2 section fare.
Swift

Post by Swift »

mubd wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 2:19 pm Gladys is gone! Looks like ICAC found the smoking gun...
Could you elaborate further on the smoking gun?
Campbelltown busboy

The upcoming federal election will be interesting with the popularity of others (Independents and minor parties) starting to rise witch would be a worry for the major parties at the next lot of state elections witch will be SA Victoria and NSW
Merc1107
Favourite Vehicle: MAN 18.310, MB O405NH, L94

Post by Merc1107 »

It's more of a worry when you get a situation, as we saw in the W.A. election earlier in the year, where politicians from minority parties were elected in areas that would never vote for such a politician, or their party more broadly. There were only 100 votes for a daylight saving proponent in one regional electorate - yet that politician is now their representative, in an electorate that no other place in the nation rivals for hating daylight savings!
Campbelltown busboy

What way would this current generation of kids vote when gen alpha start becoming eligible to vote. The last of the gen z group will be be eligible to vote in time for the 2028 federal election. If the next 2 parliamentary cycles go full terms then the first lot from gen alpha will be eligible to vote that would depend on how many 2010 babies would be 18 at the time of that 2028 election
eddy

Post by eddy »

Today Colin Powell passed and some people blame him for giving George Bush wrong info on Saddam but it was our Tasmanien guy who said Saddam had a bomb and he was going to use it.

It cost America $1m per day to stop Saddam gassing the Kurds anymore and someone has said that he may have just moved his gas over the border so it could not be found.

Just a bit of history for those too young to know.
Swift

Post by Swift »

America should never have invaded Iraq. They broke international law and Saddam was really the only option in that part of the world.
eddy

Post by eddy »

Swift wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:39 pm America should never have invaded Iraq. They broke international law and Saddam was really the only option in that part of the world.
Although how long do you think America should have kept the no fly zone that cost them $1m per day?
Swift

Post by Swift »

That's small change compared to the cost of attempting to turn Iraq into a free country. Simply futile.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

As we have stated before ONE thread for Parahub is enough.
Living in the Shire.
eddy

Post by eddy »

Fleet Lists wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 9:05 am As we have stated before ONE thread for Parahub is enough.
OK mate I will go over there.
Campbelltown busboy

The AEC should introduce a electronic roll and swipe card system where someone can only vote once as being marked off at one booth means that a person can't run between booths as the system has them down as already voted and the swipe card would have the persons name and address on it card gets swiped at one voting booth the system would mark that person as has voted so then that same person can't lie about if they haven't voted as the system would be networked and all polling booths in the seat would be linked

Return to “The Lunch Room”