What gives you the S&#T's!?

Somewhere to discuss things that don't fit into other categories.

Moderator: busrider

MotorOmnibus8562
Favourite Vehicle: Hybrid/Electric lowfloors.

Re: What gives you the S&#T's!?

Post by MotorOmnibus8562 »

Facebook really needs to do something about those bots that reply to your comments and post dodgy links to places, a couple of random bots have replied to my comments on facebook, its annoying the absolute crap out of me, usually, their replies are not relevant to the context of a comment which annoys me more.

rant over
We need another Trump but one that spreads love and unity, not hate and divide
StopAdani and No gas led recovery.
The Hope does not come from governments or corporations it comes from the people
B10BLE
Favourite Vehicle: C63 AMG Black

Post by B10BLE »

SBS World Movies showing the same movie more than half a dozen times in the past month. Biggest offending movie is World's Fastest Indian
#PleaseStandBy
Newcastle Flyer

Post by Newcastle Flyer »

• Now repeat after me you two drivers - A green arrow means go if safe!
• Newsreaders, it's Charlestown, not Charleston.
White lives matter too.
TA3001
Favourite Vehicle: 1640. In service - 1738

Post by TA3001 »

Drivers that decide to have a quick 'personal needs' break, after starting their next run without even putting the desto on display.

And add some (very minor) speeding to make up time. Morphettville depot will certainly hear about this by next week. From personal experience, they seem to follow up on these complaints quite professionally.
Swift
Favourite Vehicle: Porshe 911 Carerra

Post by Swift »

Global w̶a̶r̶m̶i̶n̶g̶ hoax.
These days truth is the new hate speech.
Conservatives hate lies, the left hate the truth.
captainch
Favourite Vehicle: was 3533 m/o 687

Post by captainch »

Today Went shopping at our local BUNNINGS paid in cash as most people do in our town received $300 out in cash .........Went to our local WOOLIES PAYED By cash to a young girl at the check out NEXT MINUTE SHE CALLS THE STORE BOSS. "HE then explained to her with 10 other people who were in line as we only have to manual check-out the rest are AUTOMATIC I refuse to use them its taking some-ones job plus I SHOULD GET A DISCOUNT for scanning & packing mu own goods!........................................................The problem was in my BUNNINGS $300 WAS 3 1988 bi - centenary $10 notes she had never seen one thought they were FAKE! I didn't notice them So asked for them back! There was no oh were sorry made me look bad and in a small town people gossip! So that was my exciting day! people looking at me as if I WAS A DRUG DEALER or ROBBED THE STORE When I arrived home the better half said had it been her she would have asked for her money back left goods on the belt & went to COLES She is going to ring their head office in the morning! So now I have a moody partner all day!. Hope your having a better day PLUS THE DOG WON'T LET ME INTO HIS KENNAL ............P.S LOOKED ON E-BAY THOSE 1988 $10 NOTES ARE WORTH A BIT!
"CAPTAIN.C.H Still lives" :twisted: :shock: "JUST"
Swift

Post by Swift »

When protesters (trouble makers) complain to the media that police were heavy handed (translated: tough and effective against them) just for doing a good job in restoring public order. They always resort to that line when they didn't get their way in being rampaging hooligans.
Merc1107
Favourite Vehicle: High Floor Buses

Post by Merc1107 »

Swift wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:46 pm The problem was in my BUNNINGS $300 WAS 3 1988 bi - centenary $10 notes she had never seen one thought they were FAKE!
Think those bicentennial $10 notes might be collectible, if so, they could be worth more than a total of $30 these days!
captainch

Post by captainch »

They were like brand NEW like somebody took then fresh out of a collection or something ...............But will keep them for the Grandkids have a couple of well used ones as well! thanks for the INFO!
ScaniaGrenda
Favourite Vehicle: Scania,Volvo or Mercedes Buses

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

*sigh* I'm rightfully getting fed up of people that keep mistaking my Facebook page for a Transport operator or TNSW despite clearly having not only a pinned post but also mentioned in my BIO I'm not bus company, transport operator and I'm just an Enthusiast (private page). The amount of people I still get coming to my page leaving complaints about local transport operators & having somehow missed the big pinned post saying I can't really help them is... high(?).

This really reminds me of the people who don't look at the video description on a youtube video their watching and they ask something that is already laid out & answered in the description.

Maybe I could change my page name perhaps but that is my sort of branding and don't want to change it because of this problem. All I do & can do is just redirect people & after explaining I can't help them I don't ever hear back but again this gets tiring having to respond to people to clear up confusion on their end because they somehow miss the big pinned post that would have all the answers they need. Something I don't also get is if people think I'm one bus operator, what makes them think I'd go around posting photos of their rivals vehicles?
Transport from the Hunter Valley & Beyond - cr228l.com
Merc1107
Favourite Vehicle: High Floor Buses

Post by Merc1107 »

Does your Facebook page give the impression of belonging to a Transport operator though (name, cover photos, etc?)? If that is the case, little wonder people are mistaking you for someone you're not.

That does remind me of something that bugs me a tad; is that many of the transport videographers seem to be on a mission to copy each other's name, or make someone else's name better. Much preferred when people used random usernames or their own name for this sort of thing, rather than all this 'Channel Branding' nonsense.
ScaniaGrenda

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

Maybe the cover photo / profile photo but I'd say that's about it. It is probably time I look at changing things up with a new picture but nothing in my collection of mass transport photos really stands out. I was thinking of maybe showing an artist a few of my photos and seeing what they can come up with but don't know where to start to be honest.

I've actually rebranded my Youtube channel this year as well as launching my own website but I never did my Facebook page. I guess my biggest concern was not only my follower base but also my photos as when I'd rebrand, previous ones would be under the old name and who knows if someone could come in, swoop my old name up and claim my previous photos as theirs. I wasn't really good with coming up with names years ago and still not but my rebrand name seems to be doing just fine, I just went with my original name the first time to guess put out there that this is where my location of focus is.

I do see your point but maybe at the same time It would help if people could read the big pinned post before leaving comments. You can't miss it if you visit my page anyway.
TA3001

Post by TA3001 »

The never ending sound of that bloody Scania indicator in the CB80s and onwards. How this chassis is ranked number one globally is unfathomable.
ScaniaGrenda

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

Well myself I'd take the sound of a Scania indicator over the microwave beeps the Chinese buses use. Iveco uses a buzzer sound that I can imagine would be right up there with the annoyance level of the microwave beep.

I haven't been on many modern low floor Mercedes & MAN's but I know the OH1830L's here make some sort of faint ticking / clicking sound that sounds like a faint tick tick tick.
Swift

Post by Swift »

A usual the driver and passenger, you know, the people that have to experience/endure the end product, come last in the consideration both by the body builder and chassis manufacturer.
Satisfying poorly thought out laws is absolute priority.

Running into familiar people at the supermarket, especially ones you aren't on the best terms with like my neighbour. I made the mistake of acknowledging her first with the usual monosyllabic absolutely minimum reply.
Won't make that faux pas again.
ScaniaGrenda

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

Amazon at the moment

It is displaying a promotional offer for me where I can get $10 off an item as a prime member if I redeem a code online & make a purchase through the mobile application or something. I've just wasted 10 minutes of my life only to find out the item I want to purchase won't accept the code as it's not eligible for the discount. Then why on earth are you displaying said promotion code on an items page where it can't be used? Even EBAY isn't this bad and it will only display discounts on items that can take the promotional codes, not just everything.

This is really misleading and frustrating.
TA3001

Post by TA3001 »

Amazon v Ebay is like comparing Yahoo to G****e. You get what you pay for.
captainch

Post by captainch »

Swift you could allways say in a loud voice "thanks for the great sex last night' AND JUST WALK AWAY!
Swift

Post by Swift »

Thanks for your funny suggestion capt. Another trick in my social armoury.
TA3001

Post by TA3001 »

Drivers who lock MAN buses in 3rd gear in a 100 zone, and then cause it to over-rev.
Last edited by TA3001 on Thu Oct 29, 2020 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
captainch

Post by captainch »

Was driving my bus one morning it was full of moaners & wingers stoped at a set of traffic lights a driver of a garbage truck asked me thru the window how's you day ? I SAID look at all the snarley faces the difference between you and ME IS your stuff behind you DOESN'T ANSWER BACK!........As they got off all said THANK YOU DRIVE!
TA3001

Post by TA3001 »

Scania's plastic differentials!

There are so many artics and even some rigids that have faults with them causing the bus to be unpleasantly loud in motion.

Maybe if this alleged manufacturer actually put a bit of effort into ensuring that the parts can stay in tact and survive daily use without failing regularly, then there would be less repairs required, not to mention the reduction in unpleasant noise levels.

It's even worse when a depot ignores the issue with certain buses for years on end, causing me to make comments to the drivers such as 'this bus sounds like it hasn't had a service in 5 years'.

There are two notorious depots which have Scania L94UAs with this fault present for years on end. Shouldn't be acceptable.
Swift

Post by Swift »

Third letter game in lunch room where players keep using the wrong letter.

People with mental illness who stop taking their medication because they think because they're alright after the medication, they can somehow stop.
Then they expect the courts to find them innocent of any crimes they committed after getting off the medication.
Absolute idiots.
captainch

Post by captainch »

PEOPLE who do things and pull the OLD MENTAL ACT hoping they ill get out of it they should be locked up in hospital & given all the test & if proven nothing nothing wrong then charged I know of one guy who has pulled this 4 times then brags to his mate about how he allways gets off plus his family has a lot of MONEY & KNOWS PEOPLE IN HIGH PLACES!
ScaniaGrenda

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

Getting real tired of antics on Ebay, 3 times I've been outbid on separate auctions on an hard to source item I'm after that was going for $300 - $400 cheaper than the RRP.

Either at the last moment by stupid automatic bidding or something else. Whenever I'm up against auctions I don't seem to have the best of luck.

Return to “The Lunch Room”