Finally an updated Go-Zone Map

Adelaide / South Australia Transport Discussion
runawaybus

Finally an updated Go-Zone Map

Post by runawaybus »

http://www.adelaidemetro.com.au/assets/ ... e_SMAP.pdf

This map is excellent and it at least show interchange points etc and yes I think we can now start playing with it propose more Go-Zones. Have fun people!
Definition of Commuter Consultation or even Community Consultation: "We've made up our minds don't confuse us with the facts".
The Phonj
Administrator
Favourite Vehicle: MAN SL200, PMCSA body

Re: Finally an updated Go-Zone Map

Post by The Phonj »

Let's get the current one correct before proposing more Go-Zones.... While I respect that for clarity; the map is not to scale, and some Go-Zones don't follow a 100% accurate route, referring to the map provided: the Grange Rd Go-Zone should be extended to West Lakes via Frederick Rd (as has been the case since January 2011). Also; when was a Go-Zone between Marion and South Rd introduced? The Go-Zone along Torrens Rd between Arndale and Addison Rd (230/232) also appears to be missing.
Get the Firefox internet browser at: http://www.firefox.com
Watch out for ghostly bus drivers!
Eagle Eye

Post by Eagle Eye »

The Fairview Park Go Zone looks like the old 541 route that terminated at stop 65 Yatala Vale Rd many moons ago.

Sturt Rd was never promoted as a Go Zone but rather a High Frequency Link between Marion Centre and the Flinders precinct. According to the G20-G22 timetable from January 2011, Monday to Friday services operate every 10 minutes and the night and weekend frequency is 30 minutes.

Diagonal Rd between Glenelg and Marion Centre almost qualifies for a Go Zone but just needs a few extra night services.

The Adelaide O-Bahn no longer qualifies as a Go Zone following holes in the night timetable greater than 15 minutes since October 2011. There is not a bus every 15 minutes from the City to TTP until 10pm which is the stipulated cut-off time for Go Zone conditions. Don't even get me started on the C1/C2 timetable.... :roll:
busrider
Favourite Vehicle: Maybe not my car...

Post by busrider »

And where's "Goldern" Grove?
PaxInfo

Post by PaxInfo »

Great concept though much room for improvement.

Eg:

- they've dropped the 'every 30 min or better evening/weekend' standard
- does the 15 min frequency now apply 7 days/week (I doubt it - and it's not explained)
- no route numbers shown
- no definition of a 'mega Go Zone' (isn't this every 15 min 7 days/week?)
- I though the tram was every 15 min most of the time, or are there some 'holes'?
Are you being served? Service aspects of public transport in Melbourne http://melbourneontransit.blogspot.com & MelbOnTransit on Twitter.
runawaybus

Post by runawaybus »

Excellent map in theory but poorly executed or let alone a rush job that is some of the comments I have heard back from people I have shown.

I have e-mailed a manager at DPTI all your comments and hopefully the map can be fixed up and I told them one step further they could actually uses blue shading say to show the Roam Zones but we have to wait on that one.

I think what we are seeing is a gradual problem is that all the old school have left the building as such and there is no real persons who are new who check over the fine details before anything is printed or posted online- which is a pity because there is a lot that can be checked before a product or something that is printed actually is released for public consumption including asking the general public what they think of a draft version.
Definition of Commuter Consultation or even Community Consultation: "We've made up our minds don't confuse us with the facts".
runawaybus

Post by runawaybus »

The manager has just e-mailed me saying he has passed on my comments to the design team to somehow implement those ideas people have said on here and to me in person and I think it is somewhat safe to also say that when finances improve for the DPTI they will look at producing either a network map or Metroguide that will hopefully be widely available instead of just on line.

By the way the manager said to everyone "thank you for your comments and suggestions".
PaxInfo

Post by PaxInfo »

runawaybus wrote:Excellent map in theory but poorly executed or let alone a rush job that is some of the comments I have heard back from people I have shown.
Thanks runawaybus.

Vancouver's frequent service map has some good ideas that could work for Adelaide's

http://www.humantransit.org/2012/05/van ... eb323f970d
Are you being served? Service aspects of public transport in Melbourne http://melbourneontransit.blogspot.com & MelbOnTransit on Twitter.
runawaybus

Post by runawaybus »

Your welcome happy to pass on any suggestions like this always to the management of DPTI.
runawaybus

Post by runawaybus »

Updated map online now to highlight Mansfield park but not west lakes go zone yet.

Return to “Discussion - Adelaide / SA”