Ex London buses

General Transport Discussion not specific to one state
Titan B15

Ex London buses

Post by Titan B15 »

Hi, new user, was wondering if any people know of any ex London transport buses in Australia, I know of 1 Leyland national , but owner was asking ludicrous money for a scrap vehicle basically, … I knew there was an northern counties somewhere around the south west Sydney area, but led to believe there are some Leyland Titan B15 over here, I once see an RT in Campbelltown area… looking at owning one, prior to having to get one shipped from the UK .. if anyone knows of an ex LT bus please can you let me know.

Thanks
Stonesourscotty
Favourite Vehicle: Wright Gemini 2 B9TL

Re: Ex London buses

Post by Stonesourscotty »

Interesting about the Nc bodied bus here I was born about 3 miles from the main factory so I'd be curious about this bus also.
boronia
Favourite Vehicle: Ahrens Fox; GMC PD4107

Post by boronia »

There's an assortment of RT, RTL, RM, RML, National, Titan and more, here.

I can recall a list being published a few years ago, maybe LOTS produced it. Googling will bring up a variety of contributions.
Preserving fire service history
@ The Museum of Fire.
Titan B15

Post by Titan B15 »

Thanks, been searching high and low, only less I got was on one national from the Bromley bus preservationists group… I have seen plenty PD2, but no Titan … only 1600 odd ever made and most scrapped per listing .
1whoknows

Post by 1whoknows »

Melbourne City Sightseeing has 5 ex London Titans and 2 ex Oxford Olympians.
These were operating a hop on hop off service in the Melbourne CBD and surrounds.
But of course with Covid and no tourists the service has not run for some 18 months now.
They are presumably laid up at the Truganina depot but that is way out of my 5kms travel limit!
"Inside Every Progressive Is A Totalitarian Screaming To Get Out"
David Horowitz.
Titan B15

Post by Titan B15 »

Same here, still in lockdown in my part of nsw, thank you for he information, I think to restore the roof would cost more than trying to source a complete road worth from the uk being 40 years old no gst to be paid. I can’t believe people butcher these wonderful vehicles lol.
panther41

Post by panther41 »

I believe Melbourne City Sightseeing did have a sixth Titan but this was used for parts and never operated. Also, see theaviary.com.au - that is T51, even more "butchered about"! Belonged to a guy in Perth who did private hires as a sideline to his main job for many years before being selling it to become an aborted motorhome project. The present owner then bought it after it had sat in a paddock for years and drove it from WA across the Nullarbor Plain as part of a charity fundraising effort, and it didn't miss a beat!
boronia
Favourite Vehicle: Ahrens Fox; GMC PD4107

Post by boronia »

Preserving fire service history
@ The Museum of Fire.

Return to “General Transport Discussion”