Covid-19

General Transport Discussion not specific to one state
eddy

Re: Covid-19

Post by eddy »

eddy wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 5:47 pm I wonder how the Taliban handle a lockdown now they are city folk?
Evidently there are only 1% vaccinated with 7,000 deaths but on the insiders it was said that you now cannot trust the Taliban giving true figures.

I said to my wife and daughter that the Premiers should refuse their pay so people can see they identify with them and they agreed.

After reading a freedom protestor poster on a pole I must say I could not disagree with any of their points.
Parrahub, an extra option in the public transport menu http://www.parrahub.org.au/
Swift
Favourite Vehicle: Porshe 911 Carerra

Post by Swift »

Australian Parliament is anti democratic.
Craig Kelly keeps getting disrupted over his claims of an alternative way to tackle Covid.
Who is that dweeb on the right?
https://youtu.be/dgCABsRgaH8
NSW, the state that embraces mediocrity.
Enviro 500
Favourite Vehicle: Scania N113CRB

Post by Enviro 500 »

Swift wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 3:51 pm Australian Parliament is anti democratic.
Craig Kelly keeps getting disrupted over his claims of an alternative way to tackle Covid.
Well, Craig Kelly is an idiot anyway. How he managed to get elected is a miracle. There are better people than him in the Greens.
Swift

Post by Swift »

Enviro 500 wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 8:25 pm
Swift wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 3:51 pm Australian Parliament is anti democratic.
Well, Craig Kelly is an idiot anyway. How he managed to get elected is a miracle. There are better people than him in the Greens.
On what grounds do you say? He sounds intelligent and forthright to me. Did you even watch the tape?
They pulled all stops to try and prevent him making his points they wanted silenced. It was as obvious as the sun at midday!
SBD

Post by SBD »

Swift wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 9:33 pm
On what grounds do you say? He sounds intelligent and forthright to me. Did you even watch the tape?
They pulled all stops to try and prevent him making his points they wanted silenced. It was as obvious as the sun at midday!
I watched up to the second point of order. It was obvious that he was setting out to establish grounds for an argument like this from the introductory remarks which had nothing whatever to do with whatever the amendment was that he should have been addressing. The points of order were that his speech was not on the topic being discussed. He was invited to make his speech at another place or time.

The person at the opposition box was Andrew Leigh, Labor member for Fenner in the ACT.
Enviro 500

Post by Enviro 500 »

Swift wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 9:33 pm
If Kelly was "intelligent and forthright" as you say, Scomo wouldn't have expelled him from the LNP. Needless to say, he got picked up by the UAP, whose leader Clive Palmer himself is another crackpot.
Swift

Post by Swift »

I don't think relevance was foremost on their minds. Andrew Leigh is a sniveling weasel. He'd be a better fit in the Greens grub party.
Swift

Post by Swift »

Yet another instance of the insidious totalitarian state we've become, particularly leftwing Victoria, not helped by Aussie apathy and weak complacent natures.

https://youtube.com/shorts/pjGkCTxWGsY?feature=share
Merc1107
Favourite Vehicle: MAN 18.310, MB O405NH, L94

Post by Merc1107 »

The clip of the arrest is one thing, but an American isn't in a place to comment on this any more than an Australian is in a place to criticise problems faced by America.
Swift

Post by Swift »

Outside looking in is a useful reality check.
Merc1107
Favourite Vehicle: MAN 18.310, MB O405NH, L94

Post by Merc1107 »

While that is true, Americans typically don't appreciate commentary surrounding things like their gun or foreign policies, nor do we appreciate other countries dictating to us. In both cases the foreign party can (not always) lack context.
Campbelltown busboy

Post by Campbelltown busboy »

Merc1107 wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:42 pm While that is true, Americans typically don't appreciate commentary surrounding things like their gun or foreign policies, nor do we appreciate other countries dictating to us. In both cases the foreign party can (not always) lack context.
Public Transit networks in America are run by whoever runs a city ie the public transit system in New York City is run by the whoever is in charge of the city where Australian public transport systems are solely run by state officials
Swift

Post by Swift »

Merc1107 wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:42 pm While that is true, Americans typically don't appreciate commentary surrounding things like their gun or foreign policies, nor do we appreciate other countries dictating to us. In both cases the foreign party can (not always) lack context.
Who's dictating? He's expressing his concern at what he's seeing going on here as are people in England, Poland and others.
The fact our lengthy lock downs and the accompanying police tactics are getting worldwide attention as well as locally from alternative media and individuals here, means we need to query the situation here.
Enviro 500

Post by Enviro 500 »

Campbelltown busboy wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:33 pm
Public Transit networks in America are run by whoever runs a city ie the public transit system in New York City is run by the whoever is in charge of the city where Australian public transport systems are solely run by state officials
Yes, in USA, municipal authorities are responsible for public transit whereas state officials run the show in Australia while farming out day to day operations to private companies. The bottom line is executive decisions are still made by governing bodies.
Swift

Post by Swift »

Only because they know how rightfully unpopular leaving it all to private companies would be, so they have this compromise.
Funny how America has no qualms about full government.transport, but Australia and the UK want to extend America's free market beliefs onto public transport, which is a service, not a business.
Centralian

Post by Centralian »

Here's some commentary on events in Australia from Poland. I love the reference to 'Peoples Republic of Melbourne'.
Why wasn't this commentary happening in Australia by our media ????????????
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PuOWLNtJd8I&t=8s
Think for yourself, while it's still legal !
eddy

Post by eddy »

You would not want to be an illegal migrant overstaying your visa now as you cannot even buy a matress or get a haircut unless you have proof of double vaccination which I have being trying to get for the last couple of hours and then there is the facial recognition they have been using for the last year with immigration.

These people must either starve or rob to stay alive and I feel very sorry for them.
Parrahub, an extra option in the public transport menu http://www.parrahub.org.au/
Swift

Post by Swift »

Centralian wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 11:27 am Here's some commentary on events in Australia from Poland. I love the reference to 'Peoples Republic of Melbourne'.
Why wasn't this commentary happening in Australia by our media ????????????
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PuOWLNtJd8I&t=8s
I watched Alex Jones from info wars interview Simeon Boikov known as Aussie Cossack on his YouTube channel and Alex himself commented that the Australian media is heavily censored. It sounded like be was describing a certain country starting with the letter C.
eddy

Post by eddy »

I have wasted 4 hours trying to get my double vaccination thing on my phone because I am not real tech savvy so now i will go down the Nowra service centre and see if they can do it for me.
eddy

Post by eddy »

eddy wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 12:03 pm I have wasted 4 hours trying to get my double vaccination thing on my phone because I am not real tech savvy so now i will go down the Nowra service centre and see if they can do it for me.
I went to Centrelink and the very clever and nice young girl there fixed it all up and even put it on my NSW service on my phone.
Swift

Post by Swift »

You mean Services Australia. Medicare is now part of that office.
eddy

Post by eddy »

Swift wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 6:37 pm You mean Services Australia. Medicare is now part of that office.
Centrelink is in Nowra and Services NSW is at south Nowra mate.
BanksfielderIdiot823
Favourite Vehicle: Volgrens and Ford Falcons

Post by BanksfielderIdiot823 »

eddy wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 4:40 am
Swift wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 6:37 pm You mean Services Australia. Medicare is now part of that office.
Swift said Services Australia, NOT Service NSW. (They're separate.)
Centrelink and Medicare (as was mentioned) are now under Services Australia, which was previously known as the Department of Human Services.
Volgren all day, every day
Dear T80; If the decker's not a Volgren, I'm not interested.
Westbus Fairfield + Dandy Hub = perfection
Good old Collingwood forever.
Long live the potato cake.
eddy

Post by eddy »

It is time for doctors and nurses to back off and allow anybody to go anywhere because 95% of those unvaccinated will be the ones who die and some countries make the unvaccinated pay their own hospital bill.
Swift

Post by Swift »

BanksfielderIdiot823 wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:30 pm
eddy wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 4:40 am

Swift said Services Australia, NOT Service NSW. (They're separate.)
Centrelink and Medicare (as was mentioned) are now under Services Australia, which was previously known as the Department of Human Services.
THANK YOU!!

Return to “General Transport Discussion”