Driver burned to death in his bus

General Transport Discussion not specific to one state
krustyklo

Re: Driver burned to death in his bus

Post by krustyklo »

I hate it when I go to other cities and have to press a button to open the train door! Wastes time for no good reason. Apparently the major idea is to save electricity on the air con. I don't think that is worth reducing dwell time.
People sitting in the saloon of a Melbourne train on a bitterly cold winter night / early morning might have an alternate view of opening all of the doors at every station whether it is needed or not...

Ditto those standing in the doorway in peak hour when it is pelting down, especially on the older Comeng trains with the manual doors which can be opened partially rather than fully.

Personally, I've never understood why people in some other states like to open all the doors for no good reason, letting out all of the comfortable internal climate. It's not like I open all the doors in my car every time I stop at a traffic light...
I'm not completely sure but I think Melbourne has manual opening doors on at least some trains.
The oldest trains, the Comeng have manually opening doors. The rest all have button operation and power opening doors. Better still, the doors on the newer trains automatically close after a short period of time to keep the cool / heat in. Those Melbourne summers get hot too, and I've been known to get up and shut the door at Flinders St to keep the cool in on a stinking hot day.

If you really want to reduce dwell time, bring back the red rattlers with a door next to every seat.
moreton
Favourite Vehicle: Volvo and Ford
Location: *Never have to wait behind a Taxi doing an EFTPOS transation in Brisbane.

Post by moreton »

The purp was in court yesterday, the case has been held over for next January. :( Moreton.
Never again have to wait in a Q,in Queen Street ?
moreton
Location: *Never have to wait behind a Taxi doing an EFTPOS transation in Brisbane.

Post by moreton »

There is an online petition on Facebook to get bus safety upgraded, for those on or use Facebook also another assault last week. Moreton :?
moreton

Post by moreton »

Any drivers past and present that would like to take time to answer questionnaire about your driving experiences on this subject please fill out this survey if you like? https://deloitteau.au1.qualtrics.com/jf ... v5gRHMbDKZ Thank you Moreton :wink:
moreton

Post by moreton »

Another court appearance for this matter 23/1/2017 coming up, many will follow with interest how it goes? Moreton :cry:

Return to “General Transport Discussion”