Dennmack:Denning and McKinnon company.

General Transport Discussion not specific to one state
Denv12

Re: Dennmack:Denning and McKinnon company.

Post by Denv12 »

Great photos.Thanks for posting.Hopefully,someone can find some history on your vehicle for you. Maybe there are some photos around when it was a coach. If you have any more photos please post them.
Domino671

Re: Denmack:Denning and McKinnon company.

Post by Domino671 »

Denv12 wrote:Great photos.Thanks for posting.Hopefully,someone can find some history on your vehicle for you. Maybe there are some photos around when it was a coach. If you have any more photos please post them.
Thanks Denv12,
If anyone has some original photos or info about my coach that would be fantastic. I have only been able to come across a little bit of info. I think the first owners were Australian Pacific Tours. Could anyone please help. It would be really appreciated.
It would be great to know original colours, etc.

Regards,
Brian Kent

Post by Brian Kent »

Hi Domino 671 I believe your motorhome was the first Denmac and I was the first driver of it when employed by Australian Pacific Coaches (as it was known then now APT) I am trying to post an original photo of it at Ayers Rock (as it was known then ) I will keep trying as it ia aJPG file.
Attachments
I believe this could be original Denmac which I drove in early 70s was my pride and joy.
I believe this could be original Denmac which I drove in early 70s was my pride and joy.
stajourneyman

Post by stajourneyman »

I assume by the absence of headlights that it was used for day tours 😂😂
VIKing

Post by VIKing »

The early Dennmaks had air operated headlight covers. During the day they would be shut (hence the appearance of no headlights) but when headlights turned on the cover would open. Being air operated and with minor air leaks they would sometimes open / closed unexpectedly - we used to say the coach was winking at you when it did this

Return to “General Transport Discussion”