Covid-19

General Transport Discussion not specific to one state
TA3001
Favourite Vehicle: 1640. In service - 1738

Re: Covid-19

Post by TA3001 »

captainch wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:09 pm Interesting view if your on the nsw/qld border police stop you for i d and having a permit people shove their mobiles out the widow at police as its on their phone then they look at it wave you through............your car is still running and its in gear with the hand brake on ....................And yet you get booked for the same thing in NSW CAR ENGINE RUNNING YOUR STOPPED USING PHONE. i do not use a mobile . JUST A THOUGHT AS i SEEN IT AT THE BORDER TODAY WILL ASK POLICE ON THE WAY BACK!
That sounds like the majority of folks. If it was me, and I had a digital permit that was on the phone, I'd personally turn the engine off and get out the car to show it to them.

Not gonna let money hungry governments cash in even further, due to an unwelcome virus finding it's way to Australia.
captainch
Favourite Vehicle: was 3533 m/o 687

Post by captainch »

i AGREE but the trouble is they tell you to STAY IN YOUR CAR do not get out but they don't say turn your engine off put hand brake on. SO TODAY AFTER GOING THROUGH THE BORDER QLD INTO NSW we stopped and walked back asked to speak to the officer in charge was told were he was asked him the question was told its exzempt because it would cause futher delays so he said if you have problems talk to your local member which I WILL DO AS ITS 2 DIFFERANT CASES SO 3 MILES DOWN THE ROAD i can be pulled up by the police and booked for have my mobile in my hand while the engine is running and hand brake not on.!
still going to see my local member on monday!
"CAPTAIN.C.H Still lives" :twisted: :shock: "JUST"
TA3001
Favourite Vehicle: 1640. In service - 1738

Post by TA3001 »

That sounds like a catch 22. I'd want to carry a written permit in that scenario. It sounds like the government is exploiting a loophole to cash in and bring in more revenue. It would be similar to an essential worker's permit to leave 'home'.

t's not the cop's fault. They usually just follow orders.
385BUZ
Favourite Vehicle: Volgren Optimus

Post by 385BUZ »

It certainly is TA3001.

I have crossed the QLD-NSW border a few times and I have always opted for printing a border pass.
Regards,
385BUZ

TransLink Route 385. Bus Upgrade Zone.

If you need to contact me privately, please email: 385buz@gmail.com
captainch
Favourite Vehicle: was 3533 m/o 687

Post by captainch »

ON speaking to my local member today he spoke with the POLICE MINISTER and they CAN book you for the phone offence in NSW but can turn a blind eye in this case .........All you need is a good LAWYER to chalange this not that I'M condoning using your moblie while driving!
"CAPTAIN.C.H Still lives" :twisted: :shock: "JUST"

Return to “General Transport Discussion”