"TRAX MODELS INCREASE IN PRICE"

The place to discuss models. Ie Model Buses, Model Railways etc.
Forum rules
  • No more than 10 photos per post with a maximum of 50 in any one page in a thread.
  • Maximum photo width 820 pixels.
  • For full photo rules and how to attach photos see viewtopic.php?f=10&t=28459
  • Thank you :)
captainch
Favourite Vehicle: was 3533 m/o 687

"TRAX MODELS INCREASE IN PRICE"

Post by captainch »

noted that trax models have gone up in price by $10 they said due to postage costs! :roll: $10 is a bit steep in one go don't you think! :roll: :oops: :roll:
Last edited by captainch on Sat Sep 07, 2013 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"CAPTAIN.C.H "Lives in the home of "SUGAR CANE' not "chickens" :lol: :lol:.........."INGHAM NTH QLD"
Ben_Daui
Favourite Vehicle: 14.5 Scania

Re: "TRAX MODELS INCREASE IN PRICE"

Post by Ben_Daui »

Aus post are increasing the parcel post price, it really depends on how many parcels a business sends to gauge how much they pay.
A letter was sent to people on the mailing list advising of an increase on postage, this subject was talked about on the radio aswell.
sta
Favourite Vehicle: Mercedes-Benz Oc500LE CNG

Post by sta »

I hope transit graphics doesn't rise their postage price.Cost $20 to ship to sydney.
Industry

Post by Industry »

This happens when you privatize sections of your business I believe lost cost is now $6.40 and then they cut out the next two rates, some courier companies are now cheaper with prepaid bags up to 3 Kilos for some.
We have a item in my office which was 2.10 to post and is now $6.40 courier overnight $5.00
captainch

Post by captainch »

if you look at the web site,the bus model has gone up $10 and the postage is still $4.95!so they changed the model price .not the postage,still think $10 in one hit is a bit much, :roll: on reading the e mail sent to us its all inclusive in the new price!but it dosn't say that on their site ,it says postage $4.95 on each item.STILL! :twisted:
"CAPTAIN.C.H "Lives in the home of "SUGAR CANE' not "chickens" :lol: :lol:.........."INGHAM NTH QLD"
Tas Bus Nut
Favourite Vehicle: Mercedes Benz O303

Post by Tas Bus Nut »

Received same email from Trax earlier in the week. Model prices will NOW INCLUDE postage cost WITH Signature service ($2.20 + postage $6.95 = $9.15). Hopefully Brett will read this on the forum, and amend their website to reflect the email sent to everyone :?:

This equates to the ACTUAL price of the model going up about $0.85. The additional cost you will have, is when purchasing multiple models,
as previously you would get combined postage costs, but now (with postage factored in with model) you'll be paying postage for EACH model :(

Unfortunately, as seems to ALWAYS be the case, the ONLY people making money out of "OUR" hobby, will be Australia Post :evil:
Industry

Post by Industry »

Let's hope Brett may make some enquires outside Australia Post for delivery such as Fastway whom have a great overnight service and would give a good bulk rate for delivery.

We have now looked past Australia Post and courier companies are looking at picking up new business.

I getting longer delivery times under the new Post Office due to barcoding and signatures.
Newcastle Flyer

Post by Newcastle Flyer »

Industry wrote:We have now looked past Australia Post and courier companies are looking at picking up new business.
And after the way Australia Post now handles postal items with the word FRAGILE clearly displayed, no wonder you have. They just throw them in the postal sacks.
White lives matter too.
Australia Day 26th Jan, the most important day in Australia as is 19 April, Cook's discovery of eastern Australia
captainch

Post by captainch »

just had aussie post deliever 6 models in a large box from transgrafics with 5 large fragile stickers on it................saw truck pull up .it was teaming with rain,he was about to throw box over thefence from truck to save him getting wet, till he saw me,he got out oftruck and handed it to me, hadI not been there they would have been thrown on lawn and left in the wet, so much for aussie post! :twisted:
Last edited by captainch on Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ben_Daui

Post by Ben_Daui »

Pickup is a better option if you have access to transport for Transit Graphics models.
captainch

Post by captainch »

its 450 ks from my place to canberra its a lot in fuel! :twisted:
Ben_Daui

Post by Ben_Daui »

450ks from Woy Woy?
I thought it would be about 350ks but I do other things while being down in the ACT, I have friends that live down past Tuggeranong and I will drop into Fisher Discount workshop & Toyworld as both stores have good collections of model cars/model trains.
Ben_Daui

Post by Ben_Daui »

It's a pity topgear doesn't allow walk in cash sales at Silverwater.
boronia
Favourite Vehicle: Ahrens Fox; GMC PD4107

Post by boronia »

captainch wrote:its 450 ks from my place to canberra its a lot in fuel! :twisted:
go by train then :mrgreen:
Preserving fire service history
@ The Museum of Fire.
Bus 400

Post by Bus 400 »

Ben_Daui wrote:450ks from Woy Woy?
I will drop into Fisher Discount workshop.....
On a side note, they closed/closing down this month.
sta

Post by sta »

captainch wrote:just had aussie post deliever 6 models in a large box from transgrafics with 5 large fragile stickers on it................saw truck pull up .it was teaming with rain,he was about to throw box over thefence from truck to save him getting wet, till he saw me,he got out oftruck and handed it to me, hadI not been there they would have been thrown on lawn and left in the wet, so much for aussie post! :twisted:

Thankfully I have installed a security camera just to have a record on how my parcels are delivered to my door.

I can claim compensation from auspost when I have proof that some monkey decides to save couple of meters by chucking it on my doorstep.
captainch

Post by captainch »

all the places in our narrow street are low down and back from the road, so delivery ppl hate our street, plus its a dead end ,we live at the end! the aussie post guys throw the goods rather than hand deliver,when you report it to aussie post ,allways same answer :twisted: wewill look into it! :twisted: :twisted: or standard smart arse comment get a post box ,my smart arse answer will it fit a fridge! :lol: :roll: :lol:
Trux

Post by Trux »

Thought I should post a quick reply here and give you all an update. I'm currently at the Diecast Model Expo on the Gold Coast with all the other manufacturers sending this via my phone so please excuse any spelling issues.
Australia Posts direction as a business is plain and simple. Ever since Ahmed Fahour became CEO in 2010, his mission has been to turn this 'not for profit' government department, into a profit focused business. As such, without any opportunity for negotiation or discussion, I was told by our rep, "our centralised pricing department in Melbourne has decided you do not pay enough for post, and that you're on the old manual system. Therefore you will now receive a 31% increase in postal charges, and are now required to use our eParcel system, which means every single item you ship from a key ring to a large model, will be sent signed service!"
I've written a long article about it in the latest Keeping Trax which is being mailed now, but effectively it is what it is and I have no choice.
Happy to discuss over the phone with anyone who wants to know more
Regs Brett
Trux Models is a part of Top Gear. The current Trux range can be found at http://www.topgear.com.au/category.php?type=trux
Tas Bus Nut
Favourite Vehicle: Mercedes Benz O303

Post by Tas Bus Nut »

Trux wrote:. Therefore you will now receive a 31% increase in postal charges, and are now required to use our eParcel system, which means every single item you ship from a key ring to a large model, will be sent signed service!"
Regs Brett
I reiterate what I said above: The ONLY ones making $$ out of our hobby is >> AUSTRALIA "RIP-OFF" POST :evil:
Industry

Post by Industry »

Maybe Trax will look at courier company we are using one, overnight from Sydney to Coffs Harbour, Orange, Nowra, Caberra all other areas 2 day service.
Perth is slightly dearer than Australia Post.

A lot of companies are looking at new business in light of Australia Post upgrade, especially for bulk.

We are only a light user and can get a deal.
Industry

Post by Industry »

Therefore you will now receive a 31% increase in postal charges, and are now required to use our eParcel system, which means every single item you ship from a key ring to a large model, will be sent signed service!"
Quote from Sydney GPO this morning with tracking 6.95, signature extra 2.95 total 9.90 what Trux are charging without their bulk discount.

So items can still be sent without signature service and of interest Express Post was 9.65 using Trax box next day g'td.

Maybe forced at trax request for signature service not the purchaser???
Arceus2
Favourite Vehicle: TSA Metrobus Volvo B12BLE 2220

Post by Arceus2 »

So now busshop.net is cheaper to buy e.g.
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (108.29 KiB) Viewed 4985 times
Capture2.PNG
Capture2.PNG (5.47 KiB) Viewed 4985 times
Altogether, this equals $57. Brand new too.
Sydney, home of STA and Sydney Trains (formerly CityRail).
Trux

Post by Trux »

For those of you that haven't seen the article in the latest Keeping Trax, I'll give you the short version.
Everything we ship now, irrelevant of size or price, must go via eParcel and shipped signed service anywhere in Australia. This is a compulsory setting that AP have forced upon us. The price increase has also been forced upon us because AP will not negotiate like we used to do when we had a rep who could make decisions.
In the old days when you received a model and didn't like it you sent it straight back to us and we shipped you a new one. I paid the same price for the return mail that I did for shipping it to you. Now, you get charged for freight to you, then I get a flat fee charge of $25 PER MODEL, for every return I get, and then I have to send you a new one. This means that for a bus with a new current charge of $59.95, I will be charged $49 by AP (roughly) for freight if you send it back and I have to send one back to you. I'll still do it because if you get it and don't like it then we will replace it, because that's what we do. But how does AP expect a small business to survive with ridiculous charges like these.
On top of this, I can't use a courier to ship our models because AP has the monopoly on Post Office boxes meaning the only people in this country allowed to deliver to a P.O. Box is Australia Post, and as over 30% of our customer base has a P.O. Box as their address, then I'm stuffed.
I am trying to sort this out as the simple answer is that people will stop collecting if it becomes too expensive, only the extra money isn't coming to me, it's going to Ahmed Fahour to pay for his upcoming dismissal cheque. See he used to be high up in Telstra and then 'left' with a nice payout, then he was high up at NAB and 'left' with a huge payout, and now he's running AP and I'm sure he will again 'leave' with a huge payout soon and be given something like State Rail or Soccer Australia to go and run and stuff that up too.
This Nation has no idea how good we have it compared to the rest of the world, yet we are allowing the rest of the world to come here and stuff it up and make it like their home. Sorry, racist comment I know, but it's how I feel and a small example of my frustration.

On a different subject, I coach U15 rugby union at Wakehurst Rugby Club in Belrose on Sydney's northern beaches and we played our Grand Final on the weekend. As such I thought it would be good to hire a bus for the trip out to Concord for the team and coaching staff and so organised a bus through Manly Coaches (I think). Anyway, Sunday morning at 10.00am what comes up the road but a great old MB MKII O305 painted in navy blue and white with whales and sharks painted all over the sides making it look like the ocean was inside the bus. Kevin the driver said they've had the bus for many years and I have to say it was one of the smoothest and quietest rides on an old MB I've ever had, with the exception of the rattling side sliding windows. I'll try to grab a picture and post it.
Regs Brett
Trux Models is a part of Top Gear. The current Trux range can be found at http://www.topgear.com.au/category.php?type=trux
Swift
Favourite Vehicle: Porshe 911 Carerra

Post by Swift »

Australia is fast running out of luck with immigrants like that coming along.
Australia has become the greedy country. Everyday products and services are becoming luxury items.
I bet if you compared them to other nation's prices, Australian would be highest.
NSW, the state that embraces mediocrity.
sta

Post by sta »

New Zealand would be the highest.their dollar is lower then the Australian and there goods cost nearly double what we pay here in aus.

Return to “Transport Models”