Johnsons Of Aldgate

This section contains posts made before the split into state-based forums for photos etc. New posts should be made to the appropriate state forum or the "General/Miscellaneous/Various" forum.
Forum rules
  • A topic icon must be used with the thread title of all threads.
  • No more than 10 photos per post with a maximum of 50 in any one page in a thread.
  • Maximum photo width 1000 pixels.
  • For full photo rules and how to attach photos see viewtopic.php?f=10&t=28459
  • Thank you :)
beddy
Favourite Vehicle: Thomas Tours No.7 (Mine)

Johnsons Of Aldgate

Post by beddy »

Hi everyone,

Just wondering if anyone has and any info or pics of the johnsons of aldgate buses. Thanks
Regards
beddy
Never Fear, Bedford's Are Here!
beddy

Re: Johnsons Of Aldgate

Post by beddy »

anyone??
system improver
Favourite Vehicle: 1949 MBA Seddon

Post by system improver »

Here are the only pics that I have available from the John Masterton Collection:

beddy

Post by beddy »

thanks for that system improver.
Prehaps some one can tell me some info/stories of them. Also any more photos are appreciated
system improver
Favourite Vehicle: 1949 MBA Seddon

Post by system improver »

I have scanned some more photos from the John Masterton Collection, but I cannot provide any info on the services. That will have to come from one of our SA posters.

The first three photos were taken by Bruce Tilley and are ex Bond's Tours with Bond's bodywork:
An International KB6:

Another Inter KB6 but converted to FC:

A Bedford SB3:

The remaining photos were taken by John Masterton and details need to be filled in, eg previous operator, chassis:

A Freighter Bedford VAM:

Another three Freighter bodied vehicles the first being a Bedford, the others chassis unknown, perhaps a Leyland and a Volvo:

An Ansair bodied Bedford (?):

And finally, a Cheetham and Borwick bodied International ex Dept of Supply:
TT
Favourite Vehicle: Anything without SCANIA badge.

Post by TT »

If you were asked to describe Johnon's livery I don't think you'd get it correct!! I remember them geting around in all of these different colours (and so were ATS Associated Tourist Services from Port Adelaide - companies owned by the same people?)
beddy

Post by beddy »

Thanks Once Again System Improverand TT!!!. Looks like they were fairly big back in there day.
Denv12

Post by Denv12 »

Some of both Johnson's Coaches and Associated Tourist Serices buses came from my Late father Jack.G.Sellick,second hand bus dealers.

The Freighter bodied Bedford,there were 2 identical vehicles with the respective fleet numbers of #47 and #48.One was RYT-943 shown in one photo.Both were ex STA Adelaide. Another Freighter Bedford was ex Daniels Tours from Victoria.

The Bedford Comair reg RXE-554 was also purchased from Jack and was also ex STA.
Len Johnson purchased 2 Comair's from Jack that were ex Goldsworthy' from Kaniva,Vic.They were used on school runs based at Aldgate.I drove them in 1984.

Johnson purchased 2 vehicles from Briscoe's.The single axle Denning nicknamed "The Jet" as it had 707 on its number late.And the PMC single axle shown.

Some of my photos I posted in the topic below:
http://www.busaustralia.com/forum/viewt ... 45&t=76279

Return to “Australian Photos, Videos, Sound Clips etc - ARCHIVE”