[Adel] Tram Extenstion Project - Grenfell St detours

This section contains posts made before the split into state-based forums for photos etc. New posts should be made to the appropriate state forum or the "General/Miscellaneous/Various" forum.
Forum rules
  • A topic icon must be used with the thread title of all threads.
  • No more than 10 photos per post with a maximum of 50 in any one page in a thread.
  • Maximum photo width 1000 pixels.
  • For full photo rules and how to attach photos see viewtopic.php?f=10&t=28459
  • Thank you :)
Leigh
Favourite Vehicle: MAN SL202 with a ZF

[Adel] Tram Extenstion Project - Grenfell St detours

Post by Leigh »

Over the long weekend there was plenty of work being done on the tram line extension. On saturday the track was laid across the Franklin St / Flinders St intersection and on Sunday and Monday the North Tce / King William St intersection was done. As a result of this many of the bus routes had to be detoured. Here is a selection of pics:

Southlink #2558 turns from King William St into Grenfell St

Torrens Transit #1760 stops at the "detoured buses" bus stop which is usually F1.

Torrens Transit #593 traverses Grenfell St.

Torrens Transit #1752 operates the Bee Line on Grenfell St.

Torrens Transit #1615 operates a 208 route on Pulteney St.

Any sort of comments are more than welcome!
LTB_Enterprises

Post by LTB_Enterprises »

Knowing the traffic sequencing on these roads I daresay it would have been quicker to walk down King William from Grenfell and board at the Festival Centre rather than board earlier and go through the detour!!
Dave C
Favourite Vehicle: MAN SL202

Post by Dave C »

LTB_Enterprises wrote:Knowing the traffic sequencing on these roads I daresay it would have been quicker to walk down King William from Grenfell and board at the Festival Centre rather than board earlier and go through the detour!!
The traffic wasnt that bad in the City, I think alot of motorists knew to keep away from the City.
M44

Post by M44 »

I must say it was nice to see a M44 in it's old terriotry as 544 use to go down there.

Cheers
Nathan Pyle

Return to “Australian Photos, Videos, Sound Clips etc - ARCHIVE”