[ACT] Foundation Day - TBX

This section contains posts made before the split into state-based forums for photos etc. New posts should be made to the appropriate state forum or the "General/Miscellaneous/Various" forum.
Forum rules
  • A topic icon must be used with the thread title of all threads.
  • No more than 10 photos per post with a maximum of 50 in any one page in a thread.
  • Maximum photo width 1000 pixels.
  • For full photo rules and how to attach photos see viewtopic.php?f=10&t=28459
  • Thank you :)
Irisbus Rider
Favourite Vehicle: CC Mercedes Benz 0405

[ACT] Foundation Day - TBX

Post by Irisbus Rider »

I'm sure you're all wondering what Foundation Day is; well, it's a day held at my school which involves every student playing competitive sport for a whole day. There is a choice of 19 sports, and these range from Lawn Bowls, to Ultimate Frisbee (yes, there are normal sports in there too). Although this is a rich school, we're not rich enough to accomodate for all of these sports, nor provide private transportation; therefore, 1500 students gets dispersed on chartered buses across Canberra to go to play various sports. Therefore, this results in an influx (15-20) of buses in the school to transport all of those people. So, I decided to bring my camera this year; and this thread is the result of that.

This thread is primarily of Transborder Express (TBX) Coaches that have been chartered. Something very different to the usual blue and orange pictures usually found in the Canberra Region.

Here is the bus to and from Pitch and Putt; seen with a row of buses behind the vehicle. It is a CC bodied Irisbus, MO-165.

A CC bodied (Volvo?) is parked infront of a "Surfboarder" coach waiting for students to disembark.

Another CC bodied mystery-bus poses for a photo, still containing a SA number plate.

Scania K93 MO-53 is ready to depart on school bus duties.

Buses sit around the Turning Circle; with TBX SA XMN-192, CC bodied behind 2 Keirs buses.
Andrew
Administrator

Post by Andrew »

The top bus is doesn't look like any CC body I have seen before - looks more like an Express body.
Job done.
Irisbus Rider
Favourite Vehicle: CC Mercedes Benz 0405

Post by Irisbus Rider »

Andrew wrote:The top bus is doesn't look like any CC body I have seen before - looks more like an Express body.
:oops: I thought it was a SB40, thanks for the advice there.
jb17kx
Favourite Vehicle: Irisbus Agoraline

Post by jb17kx »

It is an Express body, and having been on one of those TBX units I can say that both bus and body are bloody fantastic.

Your mystery Volvo is a B7R with CB50 body.

The Surfboarder bus is either an Autobus-bodied Scania K94, or a MCA Marathon-Cummings. EDIT: It's a Scania.

Good shots.
Selected artistic and gunzel photos from my collection - http://www.flickr.com/photos/jb17kx
Centralian

Post by Centralian »

I like the symbols Tbx uses on the buses rather than numbers. I can see a kangaroo, koala on the electronic desto, what looks like an aardvark on another. Is this just a one off for this event or is this used by Tbx instead of school route numbers?
Ben O

Post by Ben O »

Centralian wrote:I like the symbols Tbx uses on the buses rather than numbers. I can see a kangaroo, koala on the electronic desto, what looks like an aardvark on another. Is this just a one off for this event or is this used by Tbx instead of school route numbers?
Used instead of school numbers. Full school timetables including these animals are available in PDF form on their website.
Busnerd

Post by Busnerd »

Nice photos there, I was wondering what all those TBX's were doing parked up there, when I went past.
www.actbus.net | Get On Board
Sir Pompously
Favourite Vehicle: Renault PR100.3

Post by Sir Pompously »

I'm sure you're all wondering what Foundation Day is; well, it's a day held at my school which involves every student playing competitive sport for a whole day. There is a choice of 19 sports, and these range from Lawn Bowls, to Ultimate Frisbee (yes, there are normal sports in there too). Although this is a rich school, we're not rich enough to accomodate for all of these sports, nor provide private transportation; therefore, 1500 students gets dispersed on chartered buses across Canberra to go to play various sports. Therefore, this results in an influx (15-20) of buses in the school to transport all of those people. So, I decided to bring my camera this year; and this thread is the result of that.
Kinda like Marist's Champagnat Day, where we celebrate the founder of the College Chain and play sport/ Do community Service for the day.

Nice photos there RR, love transborders colours!
I like the symbols Tbx uses on the buses rather than numbers. I can see a kangaroo, koala on the electronic desto, what looks like an aardvark on another. Is this just a one off for this event or is this used by Tbx instead of school route numbers
They are rather neat. The other one on there is a Bilby. Also add Emu onto their list of school routes!
Heritage Officer
Retired ACT Transport Employees Club
yass bus

Re:

Post by yass bus »

jb17kx wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2007 6:11 am It is an Express body, and having been on one of those TBX units I can say that both bus and body are bloody fantastic.

Your mystery Volvo is a B7R with CB50 body.

The Surfboarder bus is either an Autobus-bodied Scania K94, or a MCA Marathon-Cummings. EDIT: It's a Scania.

Good shots.
It is a Autobus bodied 50seat Scania K94

Return to “Australian Photos, Videos, Sound Clips etc - ARCHIVE”