UK Buses Magazine

General Transport Discussion not specific to one state
Tim Williams

UK Buses Magazine

Post by Tim Williams »

Yesterday (Wednesday 26th October) I received the November 22 edition of "Buses" in the mail, an impressive date of arrival - it seems that the postal delays of the main Covid era are behind us, thanks to a significant increase in international flights to (and from) Australia. Small parcels, maybe bus models and books, are also getting here quickly!
Merc1107
Favourite Vehicle: MAN 18.310, MB O405NH, L94

Re: UK Buses Magazine

Post by Merc1107 »

It's still taking a month or more for some things to reach me from Europe, although that isn't parcels, which perhaps have some higher priority (?).
Tim Williams

Post by Tim Williams »

Do you live in a capital city??
Merc1107

Post by Merc1107 »

Indeed.
Tim Williams

Post by Tim Williams »

Postal delivery timings with overseas parcels, magazines etc. is subject to plane schedules and I would imagine, loadings and of course, the place of origin. I live close to the centre of Adelaide and have post delivered to a post box. So that may assist with our deliveries.

In the past postal deliveries seemed faster from the UK than say Hong Kong!
Linto63

Post by Linto63 »

Buses hits the news stands in about the middle of the month, so would be printed a few days earlier. UK transport publications seem obsessed with forward dating.

Time in transit isn't the issue, it's how much time it spends stationary weighting for an onward connection. I received a package from Scotland recently (17,000km away) in five days that probably involved three flights. Yet it took something of similar weight and size the same time to get from Melbourne to Sydney. Magazines from overseas tend to come as low priority freight meaning they can be offloaded if a higher priority load paying a higher rate comes along. I often get monthly publications a few days apart.
Tim Williams

Post by Tim Williams »

Agree with all your comments - I have also received monthly magazines just a few days apart and as you say UK mags. are sort of forward dated!
Merc1107

Post by Merc1107 »

Initially in COVID I had a monthly subscription not appear for months, then suddenly several came within a few weeks (all looking quite tattered). Imagine there was a huge backlog for mail in 2020 - and probably still is given supply chain issues and the boom in e-commerce.

Return to “General Transport Discussion”