Private Bus Observations 2020

Sydney / New South Wales Transport Discussion
Daniel
Administrator
Favourite Vehicle: Mercedes-Benz O405 / CC '510'

Re: Private Bus Observations 2020

Post by Daniel »

No - because the stickers relate to social distancing, nothing else.

Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

I just noticed in the Transport for NSW timetables that route 737 between Kiama and Bomaderry is now shown as being operated by Kennedy (Kenbus Pty Ltd) instead of Premier Motor service, One for Tonyp to comment on.
Living in the Shire.

tonyp

Post by tonyp »

I saw the bus twice in the last couple of days and it was a Premier vehicle so the change must have just happened. The service is now listed on the Kennedys website so they must now have the contract (wasn't the initial contract only for a trial period?). Kennedys has created a new entity called Kenbus Pty Ltd, registered and accredited in 2018. I'm guessing that this is the entity covering route operations as their main business is as a tour operator.
Perpetually on a T3 to "I. P. Pavlova, přestup na Metro. Příští zastávka, Náměsti Míru"

Rad

Post by Rad »

Kennedy's took over Route 737 from April 1st. Previously it was a trial service but when it was made permanent it had to go to tender same as other regional coach services. The overnight rail connection buses are not included in Route 737 and are still with Premier. There was quite bit of discussion at the time on the NSW South Coast Buses Facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/groups/851901968229870
http://www.guideposttours.com.au & www.guidepost-travel.com
Rail and Coach Tours Worldwide
Railway Adventures

tonyp

Post by tonyp »

Rad wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 7:46 am
Kennedy's took over Route 737 from April 1st. Previously it was a trial service but when it was made permanent it had to go to tender same as other regional coach services. The overnight rail connection buses are not included in Route 737 and are still with Premier. There was quite bit of discussion at the time on the NSW South Coast Buses Facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/groups/851901968229870
Thanks for that (there appears to be no "like" button in this new format!). It must have been some overnight buses that I saw. I must check which buses in their fleet Kennedys are using.
Perpetually on a T3 to "I. P. Pavlova, přestup na Metro. Příští zastávka, Náměsti Míru"

Stonesourscotty
Favourite Vehicle: Custom Bodied Tri Axle Volvo

Post by Stonesourscotty »

CDC 1036/1044 operating out Parramatta and Lidcombe respectively on NSW Trains Staff shuttle

Rad

Post by Rad »

Rad wrote: ↑Sun May 24, 2020 5:46 pm
Thanks for that (there appears to be no "like" button in this new format!). It must have been some overnight buses that I saw. I must check which buses in their fleet Kennedys are using.
If you check through the posts on the 5 April and 7 April in the above Facebook Page there are a number of pics in the comments as well as this months banner pic shows the bus on the bridge at Kiama station. They are using a specially sourced bus from WA that has been fitted out for this job. I have been on it a few times in the last month and always the same vehicle.
http://www.guideposttours.com.au & www.guidepost-travel.com
Rail and Coach Tours Worldwide
Railway Adventures

tonyp

Post by tonyp »

I'd have to join the group to see those details but this is their banner photo - it's a new front entry Volvo built by Omnibus Services of Perth according to Fleetlists.

Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

The overnight Kiama - Bomaderry route is also known as route SC01 - timetable https://transportnsw.info/routes/detail ... 01/01SC0-1 which for some reason shows a new timetable dated 1 June 2020 which seems to be the same as the current one.
Living in the Shire.

Centralian

Post by Centralian »

Re: 'Hoppies yard for lease' post.
There's a post on the Sydney / NSW discussion from 5 May 2020 with that title. Basically asking if anyone knows what's happening there ?
So far it's had 697 views as of this morning, so the interest is there.
However no one has added to the post or provided an explanation, answer or correction.
I can't find anything through on-line checks of property for lease but live too far away to be able to check who the agent is.
If I post on that discussion with no info, 697 viewers will come back to check if I had the answer.
I suspect there was a lot of office space at the depot, perhaps some of that is what is for lease.
Reminder - it's at 125 Woodpark Rd. Smithfield.

Linto63

Post by Linto63 »

Presumably none of the 697 viewers had the answer. Hopkinson's phone number is 02 9632 3344, maybe give them a call or contact them online. The 697 is the number of views, not viewers, so the number of individuals who have read will likely be less than this.

boronia
Favourite Vehicle: Dennis

Post by boronia »

As there is virtually no charter work avaliable for these buses in Sydney, it would make sense to remove the buses to avoid paying rent.

If work does become available, it would still be cheaper to run them up from Wollongong or Nowra as required.
The Sydney Classic and Antique Truck (and Bus) Show
On again June 2020
@ The Museum of Fire.

Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

https://transportnsw.info/news/2020/rou ... ember-2020
Route 980 Turn Up and Go bus trial extends to December 2020
Wednesday 27 May 2020

A trial of the route 980 bus service, which runs a high frequency service between Lilli Pilli Point and Caringbah Station, has been extended until December 2020.

The 'Turn Up and Go' service and operates every 10 minutes on weekdays between 6.05am to 8.45am to Caringbah Station and then from 4.10pm to 8.10pm to Lilli Pilli Point.

Regular Opal bus fares apply as do all Opal travel rewards such as the $2 Opal transfer discount when changing between a train and a bus within 60 minutes. You can tap on and off using your Opal card, credit and debit cards and linked smart devices but remember to separate your cards and use the same payment method.

More information is available at Turn Up and Go.
Living in the Shire.

jake_s_258

Post by jake_s_258 »

Fleet Lists wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 3:57 am
https://transportnsw.info/news/2020/rou ... ember-2020
Route 980 Turn Up and Go bus trial extends to December 2020
Such a waste of resources considering there are two scheduled bus routes between Caringbah and Lilli Pilli. Patronage is not high enough to warrant it.

Return to “Discussion - Sydney / NSW”