• Advertisement

Transport for Brisbane Observations 2019

Brisbane / QLD Transport Discussion

Moderator: PRT 065

Re: Transport for Brisbane Observations 2019

Postby BT Enthusiast » Fri Jun 21, 2019 6:30 pm

I saw 626 operating a 444 today?????
It was G626 operating a Western side route. Does that mean the Scanias are going to Toowong? (hopefully not)
It was quite confusing...would like to know what happened
BT Enthusiast
 
Posts: 23
Joined: Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:51 pm
Location: Pullenvale, Queensland (Buses from Sherwood and Toowong)
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 1 time
Favourite Vehicle: Volvo B8RLE (Volgren Optimus)

Re: Transport for Brisbane Observations 2019

Postby Cazza » Sat Jun 22, 2019 11:55 am

Probably a replacement bus for a failed one. Every service that BT cancel, they get fined $2000 I believe. Even if they run a service 3 hours late, it's still considered to have run, hence they avoid the fine (just an extreme example but I'm sure you get the point). So that's why operators get calls out from bus control asking if anyone can cover a route. I've seen a Scania from Virginia cover a 112 before and a bus from Willawong doing a 379 from Ashgrove to the CBD during morning peak a few weeks back.
New STA Network: https://bit.ly/2F386Ui
Cazza
 
Posts: 61
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:26 pm
Location: Brisbane
Has thanked: 11 times
Been thanked: 21 times

Re: Transport for Brisbane Observations 2019

Postby daveeyh » Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:42 am

BT Enthusiast wrote:I saw 626 operating a 444 today?????
It was G626 operating a Western side route. Does that mean the Scanias are going to Toowong? (hopefully not)
It was quite confusing...would like to know what happened


Unless you see the Depot Identifier on the bus change, you can be pretty sure that a bus hasn't changed depot (most depots change the letter very quickly after a depot transfer) and is just doing a cover trip or a bus change was occurred due to breakdown.
daveeyh
 
Posts: 1205
Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2004 12:20 pm
Location: Brisbane
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 30 times

Re: Transport for Brisbane Observations 2019

Postby BT Enthusiast » Sun Jun 23, 2019 6:40 pm

Cazza wrote:
nbus wrote: I don't think any routes that go over the Jindalee Bridge are served by Toowong depot either (as far as I'm aware).


I've seen T's operate 454,460,453 etc. Although it is quite rare, 1233 is shown operating a 460 on the BTBuses page. It was quite lucky the other day for W people to get 2841; the 18.310 CNG's do get quite tedious.
BT Enthusiast
 
Posts: 23
Joined: Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:51 pm
Location: Pullenvale, Queensland (Buses from Sherwood and Toowong)
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 1 time
Favourite Vehicle: Volvo B8RLE (Volgren Optimus)

Re: Transport for Brisbane Observations 2019

Postby BT Enthusiast » Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:09 am

daveeyh wrote: Unless you see the Depot Identifier on the bus change, you can be pretty sure that a bus hasn't changed depot (most depots change the letter very quickly after a depot transfer) and is just doing a cover trip or a bus change was occurred due to breakdown.


Not too sure about that, 1003 has been leased to South West for more than 4 years and still says 'T1003' although it is obviously not related to the Toowong depot in any way. Although I doubt they've been given permission to, the largest thing Hornibrook's done is put their own safety sticker on the bus. They're still in BT livery, kinda unrecognisable if you're in Indooroopilly, SW and Toowong Diesels both go to Indooroopilly.
BT Enthusiast
 
Posts: 23
Joined: Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:51 pm
Location: Pullenvale, Queensland (Buses from Sherwood and Toowong)
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 1 time
Favourite Vehicle: Volvo B8RLE (Volgren Optimus)

Re: Transport for Brisbane Observations 2019

Postby daveeyh » Thu Jun 27, 2019 12:16 pm

BT Enthusiast wrote:
daveeyh wrote: Unless you see the Depot Identifier on the bus change, you can be pretty sure that a bus hasn't changed depot (most depots change the letter very quickly after a depot transfer) and is just doing a cover trip or a bus change was occurred due to breakdown.


Not too sure about that, 1003 has been leased to South West for more than 4 years and still says 'T1003' although it is obviously not related to the Toowong depot in any way. Although I doubt they've been given permission to, the largest thing Hornibrook's done is put their own safety sticker on the bus. They're still in BT livery, kinda unrecognisable if you're in Indooroopilly, SW and Toowong Diesels both go to Indooroopilly.


I was talking about transfer between BT Depots - South West and Hornibrook aren't BT Depots and take the buses as is - the Depot identifier means nothing to the private companies so, if it still attached to the bus, then they just leave it there.

That is also why people should not think that seeing a SWT bus parked at Toowong Depot means that the bus has been transferred to Toowong - the bus will be there for maintenance and a Toowong-based Diesel MAN will be on temporary placement at South West.
daveeyh
 
Posts: 1205
Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2004 12:20 pm
Location: Brisbane
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 30 times

Re: Transport for Brisbane Observations 2019

Postby daveeyh » Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:01 pm

MANs 1310, 1311, 1312, 1322, 1323, 1324 and 1325 all transferred to Garden City from Toowong today - interesting though that 1345, 1346 and 1347 still remain at Toowong.
daveeyh
 
Posts: 1205
Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2004 12:20 pm
Location: Brisbane
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 30 times

Re: Transport for Brisbane Observations 2019

Postby Megumi » Thu Jul 04, 2019 6:12 pm

daveeyh wrote:MANs 1310, 1311, 1312, 1322, 1323, 1324 and 1325 all transferred to Garden City from Toowong today - interesting though that 1345, 1346 and 1347 still remain at Toowong.


I found the Toowong's buses are normally better maintained than W's and G's as they run smoother.
Megumi
 
Posts: 38
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:07 am
Has thanked: 22 times
Been thanked: 4 times

Re: Transport for Brisbane Observations 2019

Postby ABS » Fri Jul 05, 2019 9:56 pm

Not sure what the basis of that observation is.

Toowong has the earliest gas MAN buses, which were mostly fitted with a 6 speed ZF transmission.

Later gas MAN buses were fitted with a 4 speed Voith transmission.

Not sure if that impacts your observations.
User avatar
ABS
 
Posts: 2272
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2005 1:59 am
Location: 6 months too late
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 35 times

Re: Transport for Brisbane Observations 2019

Postby BT Enthusiast » Sat Jul 06, 2019 9:32 pm

Found 1334 operating a 460 on the Centenary Highway today, strange considering it has been transferred to G. I'd say it's another replacement like 626, only that bus was actually on time.

ABS wrote:Toowong has the earliest gas MAN buses, which were mostly fitted with a 6 speed ZF transmission.


I would prefer the ZF's but only 1200-1278 are ZF buses. How you can notice is the clean air kite actually looks different on ZF and Voith buses. The Voith kite goes higher and actually blocks the window view, while the ZF kite stays under the windows.
BT Enthusiast
 
Posts: 23
Joined: Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:51 pm
Location: Pullenvale, Queensland (Buses from Sherwood and Toowong)
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 1 time
Favourite Vehicle: Volvo B8RLE (Volgren Optimus)

Re: Transport for Brisbane Observations 2019

Postby AirBusTrain » Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:07 pm

Evening all, any news whether 5137 will be back in service?
User avatar
AirBusTrain
 
Posts: 31
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:33 pm
Location: Rochedale Sth.
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 0 time
Favourite Vehicle: Anything Volvo

Re: Transport for Brisbane Observations 2019

Postby BT Enthusiast » Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:24 pm

A few observations.

1. 2852 was spotted in service today, carrying passengers on 444. This should mean that all b8's up to 2852 are now in service.

2. 2812 and 2848 are in Brisbane City Council Dreaming AoA, which reflects aboriginal culture. These AoA's are identical layout to new CG livery, with a gradual ascent to cover the windows.

3. 1030 is now naked, it was spotted on a 444 run today without CG livery. To be honest it looks really ugly; such a old bus with white destos??
BT Enthusiast
 
Posts: 23
Joined: Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:51 pm
Location: Pullenvale, Queensland (Buses from Sherwood and Toowong)
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 1 time
Favourite Vehicle: Volvo B8RLE (Volgren Optimus)

Re: Transport for Brisbane Observations 2019

Postby daveeyh » Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:55 pm

BT Enthusiast wrote:A few observations.

1. 2852 was spotted in service today, carrying passengers on 444. This should mean that all b8's up to 2852 are now in service.

2. 2812 and 2848 are in Brisbane City Council Dreaming AoA, which reflects aboriginal culture. These AoA's are identical layout to new CG livery, with a gradual ascent to cover the windows.

3. 1030 is now naked, it was spotted on a 444 run today without CG livery. To be honest it looks really ugly; such a old bus with white destos??


1. I saw 2852 yesterday on an inbound 444 (although it was running with blank signs due to being 20 minutes late). I saw 2855 and 2856 on Kingsford Smith Drive early in the week heading back toward Volgren so they are still building more.

2. I have seen indigenous-themed AOAs as well - 2817 (Distinguish), 2848 (Connections) and 2849 (Dreaming).

3. The only ex-CG bus that I have not seen back in service in standard livery now is 1043.
daveeyh
 
Posts: 1205
Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2004 12:20 pm
Location: Brisbane
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 30 times

Re: Transport for Brisbane Observations 2019

Postby BT Enthusiast » Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:23 am

daveeyh wrote:
BT Enthusiast wrote:A few observations.

1. 2852 was spotted in service today, carrying passengers on 444. This should mean that all b8's up to 2852 are now in service.

2. 2812 and 2848 are in Brisbane City Council Dreaming AoA, which reflects aboriginal culture. These AoA's are identical layout to new CG livery, with a gradual ascent to cover the windows.

3. 1030 is now naked, it was spotted on a 444 run today without CG livery. To be honest it looks really ugly; such a old bus with white destos??


1. I saw 2852 yesterday on an inbound 444 (although it was running with blank signs due to being 20 minutes late). I saw 2855 and 2856 on Kingsford Smith Drive early in the week heading back toward Volgren so they are still building more.

2. I have seen indigenous-themed AOAs as well - 2817 (Distinguish), 2848 (Connections) and 2849 (Dreaming).

3. The only ex-CG bus that I have not seen back in service in standard livery now is 1043.


You're quite right, I've been on 1044 and 1042, but not 1043. It might be on loan at SouthWest or Hornibrook as I saw 1003 at Toowong the other day. Also, Grant from Toowong bus depot was nominated for Bus Driver of the Year! GIve him a vote, he's always been really nice. I remember that time when I was on a 444 to the city and when I called 'thank you', he actually responded saying 'you're welcome'.

Where did you see 2852? I saw it at Kenmore on an inbound 444 at 7am and it seems to match your description.
BT Enthusiast
 
Posts: 23
Joined: Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:51 pm
Location: Pullenvale, Queensland (Buses from Sherwood and Toowong)
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 1 time
Favourite Vehicle: Volvo B8RLE (Volgren Optimus)

Re: Transport for Brisbane Observations 2019

Postby Cazza » Sat Jul 13, 2019 5:51 pm

I believe I saw 2853 doing a 432 on Thursday or Friday around Kenmore.
New STA Network: https://bit.ly/2F386Ui
Cazza
 
Posts: 61
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:26 pm
Location: Brisbane
Has thanked: 11 times
Been thanked: 21 times

Re: Transport for Brisbane Observations 2019

Postby BT Enthusiast » Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:05 pm

The BTBuses website is quite outdated now... don't trust it, trust your own observations.

1. It shows that 2847 to 2851 are still at Workshops, and there isn't a 2852-2856
2. 1310 up to 1325 are all at GC now, it still shows they're at T
3. I believe 2812,2817,2848 and 2849 are all in Indigenous culture AoA, with:
2812-Dreaming
2817-Distinguish
2848-Connections
2849-Dreaming
BT Enthusiast
 
Posts: 23
Joined: Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:51 pm
Location: Pullenvale, Queensland (Buses from Sherwood and Toowong)
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 1 time
Favourite Vehicle: Volvo B8RLE (Volgren Optimus)

Re: Transport for Brisbane Observations 2019

Postby Cazza » Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:43 pm

I’m pretty sure it’s Virginia’s 2817 and 2818 in the wrap.

https://www.facebook.com/BrisbaneCityCo ... 91?sfns=mo
New STA Network: https://bit.ly/2F386Ui
Cazza
 
Posts: 61
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:26 pm
Location: Brisbane
Has thanked: 11 times
Been thanked: 21 times

Re: Transport for Brisbane Observations 2019

Postby BT Enthusiast » Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:59 pm

Yea Cazza my bad. I was at South Bank when I saw 2818 and I must have thought it was 2812- it sped past. It is Two Worlds, must have just thought it was Dreaming because I saw 2839 the next day.
BT Enthusiast
 
Posts: 23
Joined: Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:51 pm
Location: Pullenvale, Queensland (Buses from Sherwood and Toowong)
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 1 time
Favourite Vehicle: Volvo B8RLE (Volgren Optimus)

Re: Transport for Brisbane Observations 2019

Postby BT Enthusiast » Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:17 pm

I wonder why there is no Scania Volgren C228L 666- it might be because of the devil's conspiracy... Although there was a bus 666 in the 70's (like others), there was no scania. It goes 665 then 667.
BT Enthusiast
 
Posts: 23
Joined: Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:51 pm
Location: Pullenvale, Queensland (Buses from Sherwood and Toowong)
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 1 time
Favourite Vehicle: Volvo B8RLE (Volgren Optimus)

Re: Transport for Brisbane Observations 2019

Postby ABS » Sun Jul 14, 2019 12:39 am

666 was renumbered 675
User avatar
ABS
 
Posts: 2272
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2005 1:59 am
Location: 6 months too late
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 35 times

Re: Transport for Brisbane Observations 2019

Postby BT Enthusiast » Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:18 am

I wonder why
BT Enthusiast
 
Posts: 23
Joined: Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:51 pm
Location: Pullenvale, Queensland (Buses from Sherwood and Toowong)
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 1 time
Favourite Vehicle: Volvo B8RLE (Volgren Optimus)

Re: Transport for Brisbane Observations 2019

Postby superbossgc » Sun Jul 14, 2019 2:37 pm

1322 now G, seen last night went on for 590 run to garden city.
Austral Volvo B10M mk3 Artic (375-380) 1991-2012
User avatar
superbossgc
 
Posts: 1999
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2006 2:11 pm
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 47 times

Re: Transport for Brisbane Observations 2019

Postby BT Enthusiast » Sun Jul 14, 2019 4:58 pm

How you can notice is the clean air kite actually looks different on ZF and Voith buses. The Voith kite goes higher and actually blocks the window view, while the ZF kite stays under the windows.


I have to quote myself wrong. Went in 1271 twice today and it was a Voith. Twice. Run sheets were very weird, with 444 the whole day for 1271.
BT Enthusiast
 
Posts: 23
Joined: Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:51 pm
Location: Pullenvale, Queensland (Buses from Sherwood and Toowong)
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 1 time
Favourite Vehicle: Volvo B8RLE (Volgren Optimus)

Re: Transport for Brisbane Observations 2019

Postby daveeyh » Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:24 pm

BT Enthusiast wrote:The BTBuses website is quite outdated now... don't trust it, trust your own observations.

2. 1310 up to 1325 are all at GC now, it still shows they're at T


1308 is also at Garden City whilst 1309 is still at Toowong.

BTBuses lists 37 Scania L94UBs in service - my observations suggest there are only 21.


Also went past Volgren today where 2853, 2854 and 2858 and three other chassis (no body yet) were in the yard.
daveeyh
 
Posts: 1205
Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2004 12:20 pm
Location: Brisbane
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 30 times

Re: Transport for Brisbane Observations 2019

Postby daveeyh » Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:53 pm

BT Enthusiast wrote:The BTBuses website is quite outdated now... don't trust it, trust your own observations.

1. It shows that 2847 to 2851 are still at Workshops, and there isn't a 2852-2856
2. 1310 up to 1325 are all at GC now, it still shows they're at T
3. I believe 2812,2817,2848 and 2849 are all in Indigenous culture AoA, with:
2812-Dreaming
2817-Distinguish
2848-Connections
2849-Dreaming


Can also add 2818 - Two Worlds.
daveeyh
 
Posts: 1205
Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2004 12:20 pm
Location: Brisbane
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 30 times

PreviousNext


  • Advertisement

Return to Discussion - Brisbane / QLD

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests