• Advertisement

Norton Motors of Burnie

Forum rules
  • A topic icon must be used with the thread title of all threads.
  • No more than 10 photos per post with a maximum of 50 in any one page in a thread.
  • Maximum photo width 1000 pixels.
  • For full photo rules and how to attach photos see viewtopic.php?f=10&t=28459
  • Thank you :)

Re: Norton Motors of Burnie

Postby Tas Bus Nut » Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:32 am

Absolutely fantastic reading (and photos) from yourself Darren, and Les. Even though I'm not from Burnie, the history of Nortons is very enthralling as very little was known/told beforehand. I would like to make contact with you Darren if I may, so shall send a PM message asking your details. I have made contact with Les, so have his details already. It would be very much appreciated AND beneficial to you in your research too.
Tas Bus Nut

Favourite Vehicle: Mercedes Benz O303

Postby burrumbus » Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:12 am

I wish to completely agree with Neil and thank you,Darren ,for your work on recording the history of Nortons and your willingness to share it with us.It has been absolutely fantastic with the detail you have given us.A real tribute to a pioneering bus family.
Cheers-Burrumbus.
burrumbus

Postby werkhorse » Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:44 pm

Thanks guys... Just finished chatting with Neil and it looks like I will be able to share the story with more people than I had ever hoped to.

The video has arrived so I will be editing it in the next week or so and I'll work out a way to get some of it on here for all to see
werkhorse

Postby werkhorse » Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:57 pm

werkhorse wrote:Another angle of No.19 at Boat Harbour for you Loco Les. Not too sure about that rope coming off the window frame though

img012 (Custom).jpg

Les, the film footage show the bus being dragged back onto the road.... Sideways by the back end first.... I'll try and get it up on here first for you
werkhorse

Previous

• Advertisement

Return to Photos - Hobart/Tas