Custom CB80 now on Daewoo BS120SN

General Transport Discussion not specific to one state
Daniel
Administrator
Favourite Vehicle: Mercedes-Benz O405 / CC '510'

Post by Daniel »

Custom Coaches has engineered the popular CB80 low floor bus body to suit the Daewoo BS120SN city bus chassis. Customs and Daewoo Bus are very pleased with the result. The body has some new innovations that have been incorporated on the Customs body for the first time.

As well as being the first Daewoo low floor chassis for Customs, there is a new Venture door system that is commonly fitted to the Alexander Dennis buses overseas and also a Venture wheelchair ramp. The Venture accessories are manufactured in Holland and they have proven to be durable and cost effective. Another first is the ThermoKing X1000 air conditioning system which claims to be the most efficient unit available and operates with a much smaller refrigerant capacity which in turn is a weight saver.

The CB80 body has a stainless steel frame and achieved 50 passenger seats with a 2 door configuration. This bus has been built as a demonstrator and will be trialled by a number of operators across the country. Currently it is located in Adelaide on trial with TSA.

http://www.daewoobus.com.au/latest-news ... oo-bs120sn

Bedford-29

Re: Custom CB80 now on Daewoo BS120SN

Post by Bedford-29 »

It`ll be different from the other chassis makes that Custom offer with the CB80 body all we need now is a Hyundai low floor bus chassis.
Previoulsy known as United Diesel 15

paulbrown3

Post by paulbrown3 »

Maybe a Holden chassis

Punchbowl Tiger Cub

Post by Punchbowl Tiger Cub »

Morning All,
This chassis and body combo is on the BSBSP list as acceptable so get used to it - some operator may elect to take it has their prefered vehicle option.

Kind Regards Punchbowl Tiger Cub
Punchbowl Bus and Coach - celebrating over 60 years community commitment through a family owned and operated business and it's heritage of Deluxe,Narwee and GP Bus Companies.

mrobsessed
Favourite Vehicle: AEC Reliance

Post by mrobsessed »

If they're anywhere near as hardy as the BH117, operators will love them.

Mr OC Benz
Favourite Vehicle: Anything German

Post by Mr OC Benz »

I've been on these Daewoos before and as a passenger they are quite good. Of course alot of it had to do with the specs this one happened to have, but in general they're not bad. In an enthusiasts term, not much to offer in terms of sounds...

1whoknows

Post by 1whoknows »

One operator who has two of these with a different body has been less than enthused.
"Inside Every Progressive Is A Totalitarian Screaming To Get Out"
David Horowitz.

burrumbus

Post by burrumbus »

Agreed with 1whoknows.Several operators I know with Daewoos are less than impressed.

Punchbowl Tiger Cub

Post by Punchbowl Tiger Cub »

Afternoon All,
Must concur with 1whoknows and Burrumbus on this brand and for that matter,all of the Korean products.

When they are going well.they go well but when they are not,spares cost a fortune and are such long lead times to get that vehicles will be sitting around for weeks waiting basics.

An operator I know in regional NSW has one Daewoo and one KIA in their fleet - picked up when another operator was bought out.As I said,when they are running,they are great but when they are not,a pain in the arse.Recently the KIA spent one month off the road waiting a clutch plate from factory - cost $3000 delivered whilst for comparison,a clutch plate for a RG197 Hino is $600 and delivered within 48 hours.

Hopefully this low floor offering from Daewoo will be more relIable and cost effective.

Regards Punchbowl Tiger Cub
Punchbowl Bus and Coach - celebrating over 60 years community commitment through a family owned and operated business and it's heritage of Deluxe,Narwee and GP Bus Companies.

Mitch
Favourite Vehicle: VH-VUB

Post by Mitch »

Pardon my uneducatedness, but has this got to be one of the first Australian bodied low-floors that isn't one of the major chassis builders (Scania, Merc, Iveco, Volvo [can we include Csepel in this list])?

The article says that it's got the typical ADL door setup. Does this mean that the rear door is a plug?

Thanks,
Mitchul [;

CB80
Favourite Vehicle: Leyland Tiger

Post by CB80 »

They're actually Ventura doors and ramps, not "Venture" as the article states.

http://www.venturasystems.nl/

Andrew
Administrator

Post by Andrew »

With TSA now but obviously intended to demonstrate in NSW given its livery.

It might be a Korean under the skin - but at least the body was made here instead of being fully imported!
Job done.

stevegj52
Favourite Vehicle: Volvo Bus & Coaches

Post by stevegj52 »

BLK and other importers are introducing their low floor offerings to Australia ,BLK are introducing an Artic to the mix. So will be interesting to see who buys them and how the perform against the European sourced product,as per normal $$$ may be the deciding factor as against to how reliable they are or will be.
Volvo B8R,green efficiency built in

CB80
Favourite Vehicle: Leyland Tiger

Post by CB80 »

Andrew wrote:With TSA now but obviously intended to demonstrate in NSW given its livery.
A demo can operate in any state in TNSW livery, but if it isn't in it then it can't operate government funded service in Sydney/NSW.

Therefore I think it makes sense to paint all demos in TNSW now even if its not certain if it will be demonstrated in NSW or not.

Swift
Favourite Vehicle: Porshe 911 Carerra

Post by Swift »

I somehow don't see a batch of these going to the STA but they may suit some smaller operators that aren't so into standardisation with their purchases.
I see this product filling a niche as a fleet age checker for smaller family owned concerns in the state. Not as a threat to the big four from Western Europe.
Unapologetically hate attention seeking bus pax.

ZIB-585
Favourite Vehicle: Mercedes Benz O305G

Post by ZIB-585 »

I'm assuming this is now m/o 5510 at Interline? Can anyone shed further light onto this vehicle?

I noticed a now withdrawn For Sale ad for this bus. Was that for when Interline bought it or are they now getting rid of it?

Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

ZIB-585 wrote: I noticed a now withdrawn For Sale ad for this bus. Was that for when Interline bought it or are they now getting rid of it?
Where was this seen?
Living in the Shire.

ZIB-585
Favourite Vehicle: Mercedes Benz O305G

Post by ZIB-585 »

I'm glad you asked. Found it when doing an image search:

http://www.machines4u.com.au/view/adver ... US/187588/

Photo still comes up, but ad has banner saying "Sorry but this ad has been removed". Cannot tell when it was from.
Fully accredited Hino Poncho driver.

Daniel
Administrator
Favourite Vehicle: Mercedes-Benz O405 / CC '510'

Post by Daniel »

Probably just a generic ad for that particular combination. In the last month or two there has been at least one new one sighted in stock white at Customs. Plus the one displayed at the Victorian Bus Show in July in TNSW livery which has not yet arrived at Interline (to my knowledge).

Justthetech

Post by Justthetech »

Interline received 2 new Daewoo BS120SN fitted with custom bus bodies late last month and early this month taking their fleet to 23 Daewoo units making 22 on the road to account for the 1 that was burnt mid last year.

The 2 new units are 6611 and 6612. 5510 is a plate change on 6356.

Return to “General Transport Discussion”