School Bus / Logging Truck crash

New Zealand Photos, Videos, Sound Clips etc.

Moderator: Vitalstatistix

Forum rules
  • No more than 10 photos per post with a maximum of 50 in any one page in a thread.
  • Maximum photo width 1000 pixels.
  • For full photo rules and how to attach photos see viewtopic.php?f=10&t=28459
  • Thank you :)
Ribble
Favourite Vehicle: AEC Reliance /Leyland Olympian

School Bus / Logging Truck crash

Post by Ribble »

The news of the crash came through late yesterday....

WITHOUT looking at apportioning BLAME........ It "looks like" the school bus pulled out into the oncoming truck....????

Have a look at the photos of the damage to the rear offside quarter....NOT all across the back....but as if the truck hit the bus with the bus 'at an angle'...ie pulling from a stop......????? The road looks 'straight'........
Vitalstatistix
Favourite Vehicle: MAN NL262 with VoithDIWA 851.3

Re: School Bus / Logging Truck crash

Post by Vitalstatistix »

Thankfully there are no fatalities as I understand it only one person (a child) is in critical condition in hospital. I heard that the bus had stopped on the side of the road to let a student disembark when the collision happened?
im zug zum flug

The road to success is always under construction.
Check out my Instagram @scottsiakia90
Ribble

Post by Ribble »

Vitalstatistix wrote:Thankfully there are no fatalities as I understand it only one person (a child) is in critical condition in hospital. I heard that the bus had stopped on the side of the road to let a student disembark when the collision happened?
Yes but it looks like the young girl is in a Critical way.

Again looking at all the TV coverage....its a dead straight road, it was sunny and good weather....and the accident happened on the long straight......so HOW does a truck coming from behind fail to 'see' the bus 'parked' and hit it.....

Again looking at the TV coverage, hard I know, Im still of the opinion that the bus pulled out into the path of the truck. Its so so easy to 'close to door, and go...'

Time will tell.and the "media hype" will die and 'the truth' I hope will come out.
Trolley Bus Racer
Favourite Vehicle: Volvo B58M Trolley Bus

Post by Trolley Bus Racer »

Ribble wrote: Again looking at the TV coverage, hard I know, Im still of the opinion that the bus pulled out into the path of the truck. Its so so easy to 'close to door, and go...'
Although Not Placing Blame, If this is the case, Why wasnt the truck slowed (or slowing) the legal limit of 20km for passing a stationary school bus?
Stagecoach Wellington Crew
Tranz Metro Crew

Now In The Eastern Islands Of Australia!
Ribble

Post by Ribble »

Even at 20kph a logging truck could cause that amount of damage to a Jap Import......
Vitalstatistix
Favourite Vehicle: MAN NL262 with VoithDIWA 851.3

Post by Vitalstatistix »

Ribble wrote:Even at 20kph a logging truck could cause that amount of damage to a Jap Import......
Or to any bus for that matter. Could have been worst if it had mean a mid engined school bus.
im zug zum flug

The road to success is always under construction.
Check out my Instagram @scottsiakia90

Return to “New Zealand Photos, Videos, Sound Clips etc.”