• Advertisement

What gives you the S&#T's!?

Somewhere to discuss things that don't fit into other categories.

Moderator: busrider

Re: What gives you the S&#T's!?

Postby TA3001 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:03 pm

The high probability of ending up on tedBus rotbox tonight to get back from a venue. The word quality does not exist in any Australian dictionaries.
TA3001

Favourite Vehicle: Hills B58. In service - 880

Postby scott » Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:10 pm

Those people in shopping centres from energy companies and the like that try and get your attention in a sarcastic manner, then when you say honestly that we are all sorted (the landlord is in charge of the energy packages- not me), they get all cranky with you, the young lady made a very snide remark.

Reports that Prep students are stabbing principals, kicking staff and hurting fellow classmates. Now when I was a Prep student in the good old days of the late 1980's there was none of that, in my (government) school at least, yes one kid had a meltdown and gave another one a whack, but it was no where near as bad. Teachers were respected and came down hard on the offenders, the parents were not as feral either.

Someone said to me at the bus terminal this morning that society today is one hell of a b****fight, I agree with him.
scott

Postby Bus Suggestions » Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:34 pm

Even as a person who loves Volvo and Volgren buses, the fact that Perth is going to be stuck with them for another 10 years is bugging me. And will be bugging me for another 10 years.
Transperth: The Best Privatisation Model
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCxgB_b5NiVAiHE3M7AnDrnA
Bus Suggestions

Favourite Vehicle: Transperth 'Oddballs'

Postby TA3001 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:46 pm

Er, come to Adelaide then where there are a mix of jackpot CB80s and 'Bustech's which are rather uncomfortable for me to catch.

If they could be swapped with the Volgren Volvos from WA, it would probably be quite relieving for me.
TA3001

Postby Bus Suggestions » Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:53 pm

Well, I don't mind keeping with Volgren specifically (hopefully they update the body design within another 5 years), but stuck with Volvos for 10 years? I don't think I can manage that. Honestly, I wouldn't mind a batch of Scanias, or a switch from ZF to Voith.

P.S. I have had experience riding Scanias - in Jakarta.
Bus Suggestions

Re: What gives you the ——?!

Postby MotorOmnibus8562 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:17 pm

1. Songs these days just seem to be based on sexual relationships.
2. Having people using swear words to hurt people, just so they can be popular.
3. The Government denying what the recent climate protesters wanted.

EDIT: I Don’t really mind people swearing but I do mind if they use it to hurt people.
Last edited by MotorOmnibus8562 on Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sydney’s imported future....

Previously known as Bus883&1022 who was VolgrenTheTrooper
MotorOmnibus8562

Favourite Vehicle: Dysons Bus 883 and 1022

Re: What gives you the S&#T's?!

Postby Bus Suggestions » Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:25 pm

MotorOmnibus8562 wrote:1. Songs these days just seem to be based on sexual relationships.

Quite reasonable to give people the S&#T's with songs these days. Why can't most songs be a bit more family-friendly?

MotorOmnibus8562 wrote:2. Having people swear, just so they can be popular.

Some people do think I have a problem with swearing (as in: 1. Someone swears 2. I tell them in as polite a voice I can muster to not swear). Quite frankly, I do have a problem with swearing. Why? Because these days, all the 'cool' people swear, and thus the world is no longer family-friendly as everybody looks up to those who swear.

MotorOmnibus8562 wrote:3. The Government denying what the recent climate protesters wanted.

Was this in the news? If so, I didn't get it. (By climate protesters, do you mean people actually concerned about climate change or vegans?)

P.S. I use family-friendly as in: for general purpose, all-accessible without acting as an insult.
Bus Suggestions

Postby Swift » Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:43 pm

Regards foul language, I notice comedians get the loudest laughs when they use a swear word. I mean, there is no wit required whatsoever but they get praised as though it's so clever and inventive. Just shows how hive minded we've become since the peak of history, the early 80s.
Sydney's single decker future.
Swift

Favourite Vehicle: Porshe 911 Carerra

Postby MotorOmnibus8562 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:35 pm

Bus Suggestions wrote:
MotorOmnibus8562 wrote:1. Songs these days just seem to be based on sexual relationships.

Quite reasonable to give people the S&#T's with songs these days. Why can't most songs be a bit more family-friendly?

MotorOmnibus8562 wrote:2. Having people swear, just so they can be popular.

Some people do think I have a problem with swearing (as in: 1. Someone swears 2. I tell them in as polite a voice I can muster to not swear). Quite frankly, I do have a problem with swearing. Why? Because these days, all the 'cool' people swear, and thus the world is no longer family-friendly as everybody looks up to those who swear.

MotorOmnibus8562 wrote:3. The Government denying what the recent climate protesters wanted.

Was this in the news? If so, I didn't get it. (By climate protesters, do you mean people actually concerned about climate change or vegans?)

P.S. I use family-friendly as in: for general purpose, all-accessible without acting as an insult.

I don’t mind if people swear but I do if it’s used to hurt someone so they can be popular.

MotorOmnibus8562

Postby Campbelltown busboy » Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:41 pm

Bus Suggestions wrote:

Most songs these days are so explicit that the song’s producer has to cut a edited version to get a song that is clean enough to play on radio as most of the artists are American so the songs have to have a lot of the explicit content bleeped out so it can get cleared by the FCC to be played on the radio over there
Campbelltown busboy

Favourite Vehicle: MAN 19.320 Bustech VST

Postby Swift » Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:57 pm

The tunes and beats are the result of computer algorithms designed to come up with formulas that are proven to appeal to the brains of our youth.
Swift

Re: What gives you the ——?

Postby MotorOmnibus8562 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 2:36 pm

More songs these days just seem to be based on those sexual relationships, I’m pretty sure the relationship is experienced by the singer. :shock: :x

What’s More? The Titles of songs That have rude Terms in them, the title of the song “S-h-u-t up and dance” is one of them, I’ll now call it: “Stand up and Dance” :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :twisted: :twisted: :x

MotorOmnibus8562

Postby TA3001 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:10 pm

A piece of sh!t Phillips monitor failing after just 16 months of use! Now I have to use my 7-8 year 1600x900 Samsung monitor until a replacement is sourced, as I think the receipt went walkabout.... Yay not.

I'll never purchase a Phillips monitor again.

And those folks who speak with their arms (as in moving their limbs in lieu with their words). I know it's highly common, but essentially is a distraction from what's being said, particularly in videos. I know not that I've posted this, everybody will starting doing it!
TA3001

Postby Newcastle Flyer » Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:04 pm

TA3001 wrote:A piece of sh!t Phillips monitor failing after just 16 months of use!

Are you sure it hasn't got more than a 12 month warranty? Even if it's only 12 months, I'd still contact Philips.
Newcastle Flyer

Postby Bus-1809 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:32 am

Bus Suggestions wrote:I wouldn't mind a batch of Scanias, or a switch from ZF to Voith.

Yuck! You can keep your Voith. I much rather have something that is actually decisive on what gear it wants to be in and what it's retarder wants to do.

MAN NL323's with ZF's would be nice, but alas... a full fleet of around 1800 Volvo's in 10 years time :twisted:
If it's not a ZF, take it back!

Holder of W.A's largest transport sound recording collection. Over 1,200 recordings of vehicles and constantly expanding for the enjoyment of future generations.
Bus-1809

Favourite Vehicle: As long as it's not a B7...

Postby Swift » Wed Apr 24, 2019 6:28 pm

Bus-1809 wrote:
Bus Suggestions wrote:I wouldn't mind a batch of Scanias, or a switch from ZF to Voith.

Yuck! You can keep your Voith. I much rather have something that is actually decisive on what gear it wants to be in and what it's retarder wants to do.

It's it any surprise you have that eyed view with your signature? Voith have come a long way, just like ZF, in improving their strengths and ironing our their weaknesses. Grabby retarders and jerky gear changes are a thing of the past with both makers respectively.
Busway's MAN 18.320s are absolute rocket ships without throwing you about. Same cannot be said about their 18.310 brethren with ZF, as much as I like those also.
The best buses with ZF in my opinion are any Mercedes Benz product. They work very well with the ZF, but many people vouch for Perth's Voith equipped 0405NHs.
Swift

Postby ScaniaGrenda » Fri Apr 26, 2019 2:58 pm

Telstra being Fruit-loops and not sending someone out to repair a fault with the NBN NTD power adaptor.

And yes I've spoken to NBN and no they said I can't replace it myself and have to wait for Telstra to replace it. GRRRRR it's been down since April 14th and have been trying to get a tech out to replace it but no one shows leaving me In the dark with what ever mobile internet I can scratch up in the meantime which is starting to become expensive.

Word of advice, don't go with Telstra unless you need too. Probably going to look into going with a different provider if things don't improve.
ScaniaGrenda

Favourite Vehicle: Scania,Volvo or Mercedes Buses

Postby TA3001 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:43 pm

I've never used Telstra for any phone or internet service, and hopefully will never have to!
TA3001

Postby Newcastle Flyer » Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:43 am

At TA3001

You've NEVER used Telstra? What about when it was the only phone company under it's various names?
Newcastle Flyer

Postby Swift » Sat Apr 27, 2019 3:24 pm

I don't think he's even old enough to remember Telecom Australia, let alone PMG lol.
Swift

Postby ScaniaGrenda » Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:05 pm

Facebook, oh deary me

Apparently my own Facebook post on my own Facebook page asking for information on a bus is "spam" and as such no one can see the post. Seconds after I submitted the post it was auto-flagged. I've requested a review but can only assume another robot will look at it, decide "yeah it's totally spam" and probably then hand out some sort of warning even tho my post isn't spam and I doubt there'd be another chance to get the post reviewed.

But you know, never mind the various sex bot accounts spreading actual spam to people right? Because a post about a bus is apparently something to raise alarm bells over

And people wonder why Facebook cops a lot of flak over the things that are wrong with it, if It wasn't for my Page I wouldn't even be touching Facebook in the first place.

Edit: here's a picture of said post and said warning, you be the judge
ScaniaGrenda

Postby TA3001 » Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:30 pm

Ok, I meant that since I acquired a mobile, I haven't used Telstra. Is this more definitive and less unrealistic?

Swift wrote:I don't think he's even old enough to remember Telecom Australia, let alone PMG lol.

I have heard of it, but I can't recall when they changed their name. If there was a way to decide exactly when you're born, I'm sure I would have done this. An MAN NL232 time machine could be quite useful.

And re the thread title, buses smelling like sewerage! And it wasn't from a depot that I use the letter code D to refer to (ex 'LCB' depots in Adelaide are known as W (Wingfield), M (M**p*etville), and S (St Agnes).
TA3001

Postby MotorOmnibus8562 » Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:26 am

ScaniaGrenda wrote:Facebook, oh deary me

Apparently my own Facebook post on my own Facebook page asking for information on a bus is "spam" and as such no one can see the post. Seconds after I submitted the post it was auto-flagged. I've requested a review but can only assume another robot will look at it, decide "yeah it's totally spam" and probably then hand out some sort of warning even tho my post isn't spam and I doubt there'd be another chance to get the post reviewed.

But you know, never mind the various sex bot accounts spreading actual spam to people right? Because a post about a bus is apparently something to raise alarm bells over

And people wonder why Facebook cops a lot of flak over the things that are wrong with it, if It wasn't for my Page I wouldn't even be touching Facebook in the first place.

Edit: here's a picture of said post and said warning, you be the judge

I post pictures of buses all the time, they never consider it spam, no wonder why they think it’s spam though......

MotorOmnibus8562

Postby Bus Suggestions » Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:07 am

Maybe the fact that your post has a lot of numbers in it counts as spam according to Face-Bot.

But again, never mind the sex accounts spreading social media.
Bus Suggestions

Postby ScaniaGrenda » Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:35 am

That's a possibility but I'm sure there are numerous posts made every second on Facebook that contain various numbers spread out throughout the post and the anti-spam system doesn't pick it up. I'd say it was a glitch in the system as when I re-submitted my post I just changed a few words "obtaining further information" was one and Facebook didn't pick up my new post as spam.
ScaniaGrenda

PreviousNext

• Advertisement

Return to The Lunch Room