• Advertisement

What gives you the S&#T's!?

Somewhere to discuss things that don't fit into other categories.

Moderator: busrider

Re: What gives you the S&#T's!?

Postby Centralian » Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:19 am

Some years ago in Parramatta I was accosted by a religious 'salesman' and when I shook my head meaning 'NO' he continued to follow me going on with his piece.
His final words after some distance and no response were 'Do you even know who Jesus is ?' to which he got a two finger response from me.
Here in Katoomba we have a few 'sects' as I call them that seem to bundy on/off and put in their token hour or so street work, but they do leave you alone unless you show interest.
Centralian

Postby Bus883&1022 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:59 pm

Another thing that makes me angry is AUTOCORRECT! I made a mistake in one of my threads and accidentally said ‘Months’ instead of ‘Days’. I blame Auto correct.
Has Dysons CR228L fever
#KiewaValleyMilk - The Legend Continues!

Previously known as VolgrenTheTrooper
Bus883&1022

Favourite Vehicle: Dysons Bus 883 and 1022

Postby TA3001 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:45 pm

Finding out just now that the best NL232 CNG in Adelaide has been condemned to Newton!
TA3001

Favourite Vehicle: Hills B58. In service - 1640

Postby ScaniaGrenda » Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:45 pm

Major screw-up with the Newcastle Christmas bus that left me very disappointed & wasted my time.

So according to the Timetable for the Newcastle Christmas Bus it was suppose to have a quick driver relief break at 10am Hamilton depot then continue back on route 13 to Newcastle (Bolton St Temporary Terminus). While waiting for 10AM to come I sat at the bus stop Trip planner told me to be at. Well 10AM rolls around and a route 13 bus shows up as noted by the bus stand timetable, CB60 EVO II just like the Christmas bus but it's 49xx something instead of 2078 ST and it's not decorated. Confused what was going on I wait another 16 minuets for the next 13 bus to see if it's running late or it was swapped around to a later time for whatever reason. Well the 10:16 AM route 13 bus shows up and it's a Bustech not decorated in Christmas tinsel or Christmas anything.. Still not the Christmas bus.

Puzzled and confused, I make my way down to the Hamilton Depot and into the enquires & lost property area (well reception) and ask the receptionist what's going on with the Christmas bus and he gives me times at first when it's suppose to operate it's next run and what not. Then before leaving I ask him where it started it's run at 10 (rather continued) after stopping at the Hamilton depot. He says at 10 AM at the bus stop I was at, I tell him that it wasn't the Christmas bus that showed up and was 49xx something. He then jumps on the phone and says "Christmas bus" and then after the call he tells me it's off the road until after 2:30 PM. Sigh I left disappointed and had to trek to the shops to get my weekly groceries taken care of. Well get shopping done, hop on a bus and who or what do I see going past... friggin 2078ST decorated in Christmas stuff on the road operating route 47 and I was told it wasn't back on the road until after 2PM

Not pleased Newcastle Transport and the Facebook Page for the Christmas bus made no mention it wasn't going to operate the 10AM 13 route otherwise I wouldn't have bothered wasting my time and perhaps photoed other buses or something. Now I'm going to have to try and find a day off I can take out of my busy schedule to try and get the Christmas bus and for the love of buses hope it doesn't get canned again.
ScaniaGrenda

Favourite Vehicle: Scania,Volvo or Mercedes Buses

Postby TA3001 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:06 pm

ScaniaGrenda wrote:
So according to the Timetable for the Newcastle Christmas Bus it was suppose to have a quick driver relief break at 10am Hamilton depot then continue back on route 13 to Newcastle (Bolton St Temporary Terminus). While waiting for 10AM to come I sat at the bus stop Trip planner told me to be at. Well 10AM rolls around and a route 13 bus shows up as noted by the bus stand timetable, CB60 EVO II just like the Christmas bus but it's 49xx something instead of 2078 ST and it's not decorated. Confused what was going on I wait another 16 minuets for the next 13 bus to see if it's running late or it was swapped around to a later time for whatever reason. Well the 10:16 AM route 13 bus shows up and it's a Bustech not decorated in Christmas tinsel or Christmas anything.. Still not the Christmas bus.

Is this bus in question anything enthusing in the sound department? What's so noteworthy about it excluding what I assume is it's livery?
TA3001

Postby ScaniaGrenda » Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:58 pm

TA3001 wrote:Is this bus in question anything enthusing in the sound department? What's so noteworthy about it excluding what I assume is it's livery?

Can't remember about sound if your referring to music, I was on it last year and filmed it (of which I uploaded a video of to my youtube channel)and seemed pretty alright, plenty of nice Christmas music and some drivers even went as far as to dress up as Christmas related characters, my driver last year when I caught it was the Grinch, not all drivers go full on with costumes, some still wear regular uniform and just put a Christmas hat on.

The bus still has the standard Newcastle Buses corporate V2 livery but just has temporary Christmas decals and stickers applied to it. Inside has been done up with Christmas lights, bells, tinsels you name it. And the monitor screen that cycles through CCTV cameras on the bus has instead a slideshow of photos of the Christmas bus and some PAX that have rode it playing on it.

It's a big thing when it happens and sister depot at Belmont use to run it's own Christmas bus in conjunction with Hamilton Depot but I read somewhere from an current employee that the person responsible for Belmont Christmas bus left the company and Belmont isn't running one this year. To be honest the Belmont Christmas bus doesn't get advertised and promoted that well.

It's just nice to see a decorated bus and they really put a lot of effort into decorating the bus, adding music, setting up a slideshow. It'll be nice to ride it one last time as it's been rumoured and probably said it's not happening again next year and this could be the end of the Christmas bus as we know it :(

I'd be happy if Hunter Valley Buses did one Christmas bus like their Hillsbus Depot does too but guess we can't win at everything in life.
ScaniaGrenda

Favourite Vehicle: Scania,Volvo or Mercedes Buses

Postby TA3001 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:00 pm

ScaniaGrenda wrote:
Can't remember about sound if your referring to music, I was on it last year and filmed it (of which I uploaded a video of to my youtube channel)and seemed pretty alright, plenty of nice Christmas music and some drivers even went as far as to dress up as Christmas related characters, my driver last year when I caught it was the Grinch, not all drivers go full on with costumes, some still wear regular uniform and just put a Christmas hat on.

Real buses have built in music, even if they don't have speakers. I've been on about 122 of the 125 SL202s built new for Adelaide, and there are about 17 of them which produce distinctive engine sounds, with the rest being average in my opinion. This kind of ride doesn't sound like something I'd find pleasant.

And which grinch are you referring to? There are plenty of them infesting the streets of every city in Australia.
TA3001

Postby Newcastle Flyer » Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:47 pm

+WARNING - PICTURES MAY DISTRESS+: Um who are the animals again?: https://tinyurl.com/yapudgt6
This is my signature
Newcastle Flyer

Postby TA3001 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:02 pm

I don't have actual proof of this, but I have a suspicion that Coles is intentionally not restocking the shelves where one finds flavoured milk until the ones that expire within a week are all sold out. I can almost never find a 2 litre ice coffee that has 2 weeks before it's use by date.

It does get annoying given that the number of supermarkets in Australia seems to be declining, and hence less competition.
TA3001

Previous

• Advertisement

Return to The Lunch Room