• Advertisement

What gives you the S&#T's!?

Somewhere to discuss things that don't fit into other categories.

Moderator: busrider

Re: What gives you the S&#T's!?

Postby paulgersche » Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:45 pm

Where's the "evidence"? I don't see any sign of a delivery vehicle - other than the bus!

Paul
paulgersche

Postby TA3001 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:29 pm

This is how the bus was parked, due to the van sitting in the centre of the area which is clearly marked "bus zone". But then, adhering to the road rules will always be considered optional to at least 50% of motorists, and not a mandatory requirement, at least until they accumulate well over 4 grand in fines.

I didn't photograph the van due to the potential risks associated with it, and it not being my problem.
TA3001

Favourite Vehicle: Hills B58. In service - 880

Postby TA3001 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:26 pm

The 2nd Grand Junction hotel scourge, for Train Simulator 20XX. Biggest PITA of a model in nearly 4 years
TA3001

Postby ScaniaGrenda » Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:30 am

Waking up at 6:30 AM and reading the news only to find out Stan lee has passed away :(

Another Star taken too soon
ScaniaGrenda

Favourite Vehicle: Scania,Volvo or Mercedes Buses

Postby Swift » Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:17 am

Pompous bus enthusiasts. Actually, nerds in general!
Your typical Willoughby depot run passenger.
Swift

Favourite Vehicle: Porshe 911 Carerra

Postby busrider » Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:01 am

ScaniaGrenda wrote:Waking up at 6:30 AM and reading the news only to find out Stan lee has passed away :(

Another Star taken too soon

If 95 is "too soon", then how long do you expect people to live for?
busrider

Favourite Vehicle: Maybe not my car...

Re: What makes you unhappy?

Postby MotorOmnibus8562 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:51 pm

Having a photo taken of me without my consent
In Perth, Buses have a really good protection but they’re not doing a good effort in Victoria.
Optimus Power!!!!

Previously known as Bus883&1022 who was VolgrenTheTrooper
MotorOmnibus8562

Favourite Vehicle: Dysons Bus 883 and 1022

Postby Swift » Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:50 pm

Bus883&1022 wrote:Having a photo taken of me without my consent

Inn a public setting you have no expectation of privacy and consent is not required to take video, film or pictures of you.
Swift

Postby MotorOmnibus8562 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:28 am

Swift wrote:

Inn a public setting you have no expectation of privacy and consent is not required to take video, film or pictures of you.

I mean like photos with a family or something...
In Perth, Buses have a really good protection but they’re not doing a good effort in Victoria.
Optimus Power!!!!

MotorOmnibus8562

Postby Swift » Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:42 am

^It would have been good if you had stipulated that. :|
Swift

Postby BanksfielderIdiot823 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:48 pm

Bus883&1022 wrote:I mean like photos with a family or something...

Actually, this really gives me "the S&#T's". :evil:

I do a lot of photography, including a whole lot of personal bus photography and let me tell you, It's so damn hard trying to do my thing without some pantsy giving me the evil eye because they think I'm taking a photo of them.

As Swift said, when you're in public, any need for consent and any expectation of privacy goes right out the window.

As for photos with a family or the like, what do you expect them to do at the time? Find some abandoned laneway that nobody goes to and take the shot then get a later charge for trespass for finding the only empty area they could do the shot in even though they couldn't do it anywhere else because one individual is bothered by it???

Look, if you see a family shot being taken and you want to make sure no trace of yourself ends up in it, walk behind the photographer. Simple. If you see a family shot about to be formed, move outta the way. If it's in the middle of a CBD, then ain't a damn thing you can do about it other than to just mind your business and let them capture a potentially special moment of their lives in a photograph (since for example maybe some members of that family may end up passing away a few weeks or years down the track), or even yet, just go down a different path if there is one. Once again, you hit the streets, you're in public where it's bound to happen sometime.

See, this is why I only take shots during dawn, dusk and night, because the dead middle of the day is filled by some sensitive dirtbags that get threatened at the mere sight of a photographer and I for one am sick of it. I can still recall getting some dead looks from some drivers for taking photos of buses. (Look you two, I'm photographing the bus. I don't know you, I don't know your backstories, I'm photographing the bus. Why? Because I like buses, it's a hobby of mine, and I really like this bus here.)

I'm very sorry about nearly getting mad, but I've had so many people barge into my business without minding their own just for me photographing my friends, my family, the buses, a public area, etc., all of which has had absolutely nothing to do with those people and I've just about lost my patience with them. :x :evil:
Just forever waiting for a Volgren Optimus, let alone a Volgren Optimus Volvo B9TL, to cruise by Edensor Park...
BanksfielderIdiot823

Favourite Vehicle: Volgren bodies on Volvos

Postby scott » Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:48 am

In am just sick of society today full stop. People get all fired up over the smallest of things. You can't even eat a piece of fried fish in a park without some health fanatic giving you the stare.

Also new rules for Bunnings sausage sizzles, the onion has to go under the sausage to avoid it falling out on the ground, over the top, also some people are even calling for the sausage sizzles to be banned all together.
scott

Postby TA3001 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:57 pm

The advertising scourge on Farcebook. Even with Adblock Plus, and someother addons installed, they're still infesting the page.

When I selected hide, the result was 'We'll try to show you better ads'.

Get a grip on reality Zuckerberg. The previous design was more bearable than what this almost malicious looking style domain now resembles. It's deterring me from visiting the website at all now.

Edit: They seem to have coincidentally disappeared after install 'ad blocker for fb'. Mankind is saved for the time being.
TA3001

Postby BanksfielderIdiot823 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:30 pm

scott wrote:In am just sick of society today full stop. People get all fired up over the smallest of things. You can't even eat a piece of fried fish in a park without some health fanatic giving you the stare.

Oh tell me about it. The sensitive morons think they own the place and think everyone else must adjust to the conditions that they're comfortable with.

So many things are supposed to be small and simple, but because of the type of society we live with now, the small and simple view has appeared to have gone right out the window.
Just forever waiting for a Volgren Optimus, let alone a Volgren Optimus Volvo B9TL, to cruise by Edensor Park...
BanksfielderIdiot823

Favourite Vehicle: Volgren bodies on Volvos

Postby MotorOmnibus8562 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 12:43 pm

BanksfielderIdiot823 wrote:

Bus883&1022 wrote:I mean like photos with a family or something...

Actually, this really gives me "the S&#T's". :evil:

I do a lot of photography, including a whole lot of personal bus photography and let me tell you, It's so damn hard trying to do my thing without some pantsy giving me the evil eye because they think I'm taking a photo of them.

As Swift said, when you're in public, any need for consent and any expectation of privacy goes right out the window.

As for photos with a family or the like, what do you expect them to do at the time? Find some abandoned laneway that nobody goes to and take the shot then get a later charge for trespass for finding the only empty area they could do the shot in even though they couldn't do it anywhere else because one individual is bothered by it???

Look, if you see a family shot being taken and you want to make sure no trace of yourself ends up in it, walk behind the photographer. Simple. If you see a family shot about to be formed, move outta the way. If it's in the middle of a CBD, then ain't a damn thing you can do about it other than to just mind your business and let them capture a potentially special moment of their lives in a photograph (since for example maybe some members of that family may end up passing away a few weeks or years down the track), or even yet, just go down a different path if there is one. Once again, you hit the streets, you're in public where it's bound to happen sometime.

See, this is why I only take shots during dawn, dusk and night, because the dead middle of the day is filled by some sensitive dirtbags that get threatened at the mere sight of a photographer and I for one am sick of it. I can still recall getting some dead looks from some drivers for taking photos of buses. (Look you two, I'm photographing the bus. I don't know you, I don't know your backstories, I'm photographing the bus. Why? Because I like buses, it's a hobby of mine, and I really like this bus here.)

I'm very sorry about nearly getting mad, but I've had so many people barge into my business without minding their own just for me photographing my friends, my family, the buses, a public area, etc., all of which has had absolutely nothing to do with those people and I've just about lost my patience with them. :x :evil:

Sorry
Optimus Power!!!!

MotorOmnibus8562

Postby TA3001 » Thu Nov 22, 2018 12:27 pm

Two notorious bus depots in Adelaide. One which I've renamed to an acronym due to them being off the scale compared to every other AdMet depot with alleged maintenance facilities in Adelaide.

I am referring to vehicles being in unacceptable condition mechanically and in regards to cleanliness to a degree.
TA3001

Postby Off The Rails » Thu Nov 22, 2018 9:26 pm

You know, instead of bitching about it on here, how about sending feedback through Adelaide Metro?
Or is that too hard for you?

Cheers! :wink:
Part of a 8 person trek to Mongolia, during July 2016.
Officially the last person to tag off the 381 - 20/5/16.
Off The Rails

Favourite Vehicle: Anything with an engine brake

Postby TA3001 » Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:16 pm

Off The Rails wrote:You know, instead of bitching about it on here, how about sending feedback through Adelaide Metro?
Or is that too hard for you?

You know, I just happened to think of this over 2 years ago. Since I complained, absolutely nothing has been done about either issue. So there's your answer to both questions if it makes you happy.

The Scania artic makes a deep and highly pleasant noise in motion and just gets louder and louder the faster it goes. It is hard on my ears at 40kph. But the mechanics don't seem to give a ****.
TA3001

Postby Off The Rails » Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:22 pm

Well, if it hurts your ears, then get off and wait for the next bus. Not rocket science.

And, send another complaint it. It's gonna be more productive than whinging on here, where they won't read it.

Part of a 8 person trek to Mongolia, during July 2016.
Officially the last person to tag off the 381 - 20/5/16.
Off The Rails

Favourite Vehicle: Anything with an engine brake

Postby TA3001 » Thu Nov 22, 2018 11:34 pm

The title of this thread is a clear indication to expect the odd post that isn't necessarily 100% positive.

Regarding the noise, it's easier said than done, especially when it's on a new year's eve service at midnight going through a lower socio-economic area at 11:30PM, or when you need to be somewhere at a specific time, and don't have the time to wait for a modern washing machine on wheels.

The Adelaide DPTI do not give a toss about anything I have sent to them, so it is probably less of a waste of time sending it to the BA forum servers that are bordered via brick walls.. At the very least, it sparks a short lived debate.
TA3001

Postby ScaniaGrenda » Sat Nov 24, 2018 6:22 am

Speaking about bus noise issues I've noticed that 5167 MO (Volvo B7RLE Volgren CR228L) from Hunter Valley Buses sounds like it has some sort of loud squeal sound, I've picked up that there's a "squeal" sound coming from the rear of the bus and If I remember correctly it gets more noticeable as the driver slows down the bus, 5168 MO or most of the other similar makes of buses don't seem to make this sound.

Oh and not knowing Train replacement was extended technically yesterday because of something to do with a freight train near Telarah and Maitland, it was suppose to end at 7:30 AM so I never gave anything a further thought. Left home without the Camera as I was only intending to go up to the shops and then go back home but finished doing my shopping early and had half hour to kill before I'd have to be back at the complex to catch my next bus home so I caught a bus further into town. I ended up going past Maitland station on the bus later on to get back to the shopping complex and saw a crap tonne of interesting buses out including a nice Custom Coaches SB400 which is a rarity these days on Rail Replacement down here since Volgren SC222's from HVB do at that work. Anyway my plan was to go home, pick up the camera and go back to Maitland and hope to good things the buses would still be sitting there but that didn't happen... Why.... Because I got home and the damn high speed wind had knocked the power out and didn't come back on till close to 2PM and by then most of the buses had probably resumed normal duties and gone back to school routes so I didn't bother heading out again just to disappoint myself and have to turn around immediately.

Good news is... that Rail replacement tho has been technically extended again for the weekend but only between Maitland & Scone during daylight hours so I don't think there'll be a lot of them there like yesterday but hopefully HVB has something interesting out on RR service.
ScaniaGrenda

Postby TA3001 » Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:49 pm

Could be the differential, or a driveshaft bearing. It'd probably still get about a 1.5/10 rating from me though, which is certainly washing machine on wheels territory.
TA3001

Postby ScaniaGrenda » Wed Nov 28, 2018 7:10 pm

Couple yesterday changing their babies diaper on a bus full of passenger on a vacant seat, what's worse is at the time they were changing the diaper they were less than 3 stops away from the local shopping centre and they ended up getting off there anyways where they could've changed it in a more suitable & appropriate environment... Good Grief! some people these days.

Oh and feet on seats on the train were a common sight during Supercars weekend down here in Newcastle, even saw one person barefoot on both feet with their feet on the seats. Thankfully didn't see any people clipping nails but wouldn't be surprised if that was happening.
ScaniaGrenda

Postby TA3001 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 7:16 pm

ScaniaGrenda wrote:
Oh and feet on seats on the train were a common sight during Supercars weekend down here in Newcastle, even saw one person barefoot on both feet with their feet on the seats. Thankfully didn't see any people clipping nails but wouldn't be surprised if that was happening.

This mention reminds of a stern remark from a PSA ordering a passenger to take his feet off the seat on an Adelaide train with no degree of respect whatsoever.

Anyhow, I've essentially lost all respect for anybody who works for the DPTI, and anybody who works at Adelaide railway station in any form. They almost seem like a er.... I won't say it here.
TA3001

Postby ScaniaGrenda » Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:27 pm

Religious preachers
During a Rail Replacement Trip today I saw a MK5 Mercedes-Benz 0405 PMC bus down Beaumont St Hamilton but the Rail Replacement ended up continuing up Donald Street (A15) and took the long way around to Hamilton Station so I got off at Hamilton once the bus got there and walked down Beaunont Street and I had 3 different religious preachers at different points during my time to get down to where the MK5 PMC bus was parked get up in my face and try to give me "Jesus" propaganda crap. I don't mean to offend anyone and I respect you if you chose to be religious but I have no religion but here's how it went.

First guy;
Hey how are you?
Me - Good?
First guy "then Babbles on about some Jesus crap and tries to hand my a flyer to which I silently reject and shake my head no and quickly move on

Get across a crossing and I'm bothered by a women who I'm sure was part of the same organisation as the first guy trying to hand me the same flyer, again I shake my head no "Not interested"

Get across yet another road I'd say 100m down the road from the 2nd preacher

3rd Preacher
This guy gets up in my personal space and tries to shove a flyer in my hand or whatever, wasn't paying attention but I was furious and straight up snapped and told him I'd already been bothered by two other people with religious flyers and what makes him think I'm going to take something from him if I've already said no to two other people? I didn't stop or look to see he's reaction, I just kept walking.

Trust me I was tempted to take a flyer in the end and just rip it up in he's face but my quick decision to just tell him what was on my mind got to me first, probably for the better. Perhaps Jesus should've taught these preachers some respect and leave those out who want no part of it.

If I see them again and they try to preach me I'm definitely going to take a flyer and rip it up in their faces, whether that'll have some sort of emotional effect on these people or offend them I don't know but they seem to think it's okay to shove crap in peoples faces who clearly show no interest in stopping or wanting any part of it so I guess whatever comes to them is fairs fair.. I'm lucky the PMC MK5 bus was parked and not going anywhere because if It moved & went away during the time I had the preachers in my face I would've definitely been more annoyed.

Anyway I'm not here to start a discussion about Religion and I know such topics are taboo as society puts it. just simply want to get this off my mind and show that something like this does annoy & give me the S&#ts.

These people are no better than those pesky people who set up a stall right outside a supermarket or busy walkway and get in your faces as well.
ScaniaGrenda

PreviousNext

• Advertisement

Return to The Lunch Room