Sydney Bus Accident.

Sydney / New South Wales Transport Discussion
D2S

Sydney Bus Accident.

Post by D2S »

Just having a look at the S.M.H. website for something, and noticed a small item about a journalist being knocked over by a bus this evening , somewhere near Edgcliff. Very schetchy, not many details. :twisted:
Wrong Way - Go Back

Post by Wrong Way - Go Back »

Bus knocks down journalist
Dylan Welch
August 21, 2006 - 8:29PM

A journalist for The Australian newspaper has been hit by a bus in Edgecliff this evening.

The accident which occurred about 7.15pm as the State Transit bus was turning into the Edgecliff bus depot on Ocean Road.

A man nearby, Adrian Gruzman, heard the impact: "I heard a scream and I can't say beyond a doubt there was an impact but there was definitely a sound of screaming".

Mr Gruzman ran about 50 metres to the scene and found a woman lying in the gutter bleeding from the head.

He performed first aid and, shortly after, police and anbulance arrived. The woman has been taken to St Vincent's Hospital.

Another witness at the scene, who saw the accident, said the bus had turned late.

"The bus turned very wide, definitely very wide."

The entrance to the bus depot on Ocean Road is halfway down a hill and there is little light where the bus would have turned.
Windy

Post by Windy »

Wrong Way - Go Back wrote:Bus knocks down journalist
Dylan Welch
August 21, 2006 - 8:29PM

A journalist for The Australian newspaper has been hit by a bus in Edgecliff this evening.

The accident which occurred about 7.15pm as the State Transit bus was turning into the Edgecliff bus depot on Ocean Road.

A man nearby, Adrian Gruzman, heard the impact: "I heard a scream and I can't say beyond a doubt there was an impact but there was definitely a sound of screaming".

Mr Gruzman ran about 50 metres to the scene and found a woman lying in the gutter bleeding from the head.

He performed first aid and, shortly after, police and anbulance arrived. The woman has been taken to St Vincent's Hospital.

Another witness at the scene, who saw the accident, said the bus had turned late.

"The bus turned very wide, definitely very wide."

The entrance to the bus depot on Ocean Road is halfway down a hill and there is little light where the bus would have turned.
What bus depot on Ocean Road?
D2S

Post by D2S »

I sort of got the impression that they meant the Interchange at Edgecliff, but referred to it as the bus depot. Some people just dont have a clue about these things.
newcastle_man_2

Post by newcastle_man_2 »

Yeah the people who own Charlestown Square were not going to put in a bus interchange because "its a place where buses park overnight" but where quite happy to put in a layover area"where buses can park in between trips". They should do a bit of research before having these comments published in the paper!
Proud member of the NGTN since 2007 - quality scoops guaranteed!
Simes
Favourite Vehicle: Mercedes Benz

Post by Simes »

If it's the entrance to Edgecliff interchange, isn't it covered by lights?
http://19302413.blogspot.com/

3092, last bus on George Street - 23rd October 2015 7:50pm
hornetfig

Post by hornetfig »

Windy wrote:What bus depot on Ocean Road?
What Ocean Road in Edgecliff?
boronia
Favourite Vehicle: Ahrens Fox; GMC PD4107

Post by boronia »

Presumably they mean Ocean St.

If there is a "little light where the bus would have turned" presumbaly this infers a green arrow for the turn from Ocean St, which of course means that there would have been a DONT WALK light on the footpath ??
Nugget

Post by Nugget »

From what I understand the victim was struck on the footpath.
Blue & White

Post by Blue & White »

WAVERLEY DEPOT MANAGER: Who caused that dent on the front of my bus?

POLICE OFFICER: One of the Australian's hard-hitting reporters.
I recommend WHISKAS brand catfood for gunzels with an appetite.
Andrew
Administrator

Post by Andrew »

Oh get me some sutures, my sides just split!
Job done.
Windy

Post by Windy »

Andrew wrote:Oh get me some sutures, my sides just split!
Pull yourself together, punk.

Return to “Discussion - Sydney / NSW”