THE WEATHER

Somewhere to discuss things that don't fit into other categories.

Moderator: busrider

captainch
Favourite Vehicle: was 3533 m/o 687

THE WEATHER

Post by captainch »

it was only 2 weeks ago we were out fighting bush fires, now all the great ppl are out rescuing ppl from floods, and the cyclone season hasn;t started up north yet,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,yep were are the lucky country :oops: strange no boat ppl have arrived latelly....................must be waiting for calmer waters
"CAPTAIN.C.H "Lives in the home of "SUGAR CANE' not "chickens" :lol: :lol:.........."INGHAM NTH QLD"
Mitch
Favourite Vehicle: VH-VUB

Re: THE WEATHER

Post by Mitch »

Australia
The land where everything can, and will, kill you.

But seriously, at the last I checked, two lives have been lost in the current NSW floods. Let's hope that no more lives are lost in the chaos of a country that we call home and my heart goes out to those who have been, and will be, affected by the weather that our country is going through at the moment.

Thanks,
Mitchul [;
metrofan

Post by metrofan »

Mitch wrote:Australia
The land where everything can, and will, kill you.

But seriously, at the last I checked, two lives have been lost in the current NSW floods. Let's hope that no more lives are lost in the chaos of a country that we call home and my heart goes out to those who have been, and will be, affected by the weather that our country is going through at the moment.

Thanks,
Mitchul [;
My solution for stopping most bush fires ( That are not natural and are lit by people ) Would be to punish them more then what i like to call a slap on the wrist. If they were punished in a more worse way that would make them not want to light fires again we would have less problems.

That is what i think anyway

Weather looking quite nice for Melbourne this weekend.
Join me at forums.railvictoria.net
captainch

Post by captainch »

poor old junee looks like its going to have its 2nd wetest festival this week end ..............hope not1 :roll:
Last edited by captainch on Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"CAPTAIN.C.H "Lives in the home of "SUGAR CANE' not "chickens" :lol: :lol:.........."INGHAM NTH QLD"
metrofan

Post by metrofan »

captainch wrote:poor old junee looks like its going to have its 2nd wetest festival thi week end ..............hope not1 :roll:
We all hope not. Only time can tell.
captainch

Post by captainch »

is it still rainning ..........................
metrofan

Post by metrofan »

captainch wrote:is it still rainning ..........................
Was this morning but a nice afternoon here in the Yarra valley.
Shoudy Chen

Post by Shoudy Chen »

Today weather in Perth hit 37 degrees. Rottnest Island hit 24 degrees. Difference?
Perth is inland while Rotto is on the coast
Bus Suggestions
Favourite Vehicle: Something with a ZF Ecomat

Post by Bus Suggestions »

Shoudy Chen wrote:Today weather in Perth hit 37 degrees. Rottnest Island hit 24 degrees. Difference?
Perth is inland while Rotto is on the coast
Well, it's not going to be too hot today. BOM says it's only going to be partly cloudy on 25 today. However, Rotto is becoming windy, partly cloudy on 21 degrees.
I'd post any important, bus-related links I had, but they're outdated anyways.
Shoudy Chen

Post by Shoudy Chen »

Perth had its second hottest Dec day on record
Attachments
IMG_0182.JPG
Bedford-29

Post by Bedford-29 »

This was hanging around near the caravan park where I live at Deception Bay QLD yesterday after that we got thunder and a touch of rain.Pictures taken by me and my Nikon D7100
Attachments
Cloud 1
Cloud 1
Cloud 3
Cloud 3
Previoulsy known as United Diesel 15
Bus Suggestions
Favourite Vehicle: Something with a ZF Ecomat

Post by Bus Suggestions »

...And, it's 28 degrees at Depok, Jaya Selatan (South Java), Indonesia, with a top of 31 for tomorrow! Stay tuned for another Indonesian weather update!
I'd post any important, bus-related links I had, but they're outdated anyways.
Hawkeye
Favourite Vehicle: Any well designed bus!

Post by Hawkeye »

A (disgusting) 40 degrees is set for us people in Adelaide tomorrow, the hottest capital in the country! Not too fun... :(
Lt. Commander Data
Favourite Vehicle: Scania L94UB

Post by Lt. Commander Data »

Hawkeye wrote:A (disgusting) 40 degrees is set for us people in Adelaide tomorrow, the hottest capital in the country! Not too fun... :(
Wash your mouth out, Hawkeye! :lol: 40 degrees if perfect weather for Christmas, or indeed any day of the year.
First person on 822, 865 (2016 re-route).
Last person on 164, 867, 868
Hawkeye
Favourite Vehicle: Any well designed bus!

Post by Hawkeye »

Lt. Commander Data wrote:
Hawkeye wrote:A (disgusting) 40 degrees is set for us people in Adelaide tomorrow, the hottest capital in the country! Not too fun... :(
Wash your mouth out, Hawkeye! :lol: 40 degrees if perfect weather for Christmas, or indeed any day of the year.
You need to get checked out by a doctor! :lol:

Not sure what normal human being would love a 40 degree Christmas Day, or any day in fact ;)
The Phonj
Administrator
Favourite Vehicle: MAN SL202, PMCSA body

Post by The Phonj »

Hawkeye wrote:You need to get checked out by a doctor! :lol:

Not sure what normal human being would love a 40 degree Christmas Day, or any day in fact ;)
Unfortunately; you'll find that Lt. Commander Data is in fact not human; but an android shaped to resemble a human. Lt. Commander Data was created by Dr. Noonian Soong. An android would be most capable in working in temperatures of 40C or above; and 0C and lower, where humans may have troubles. I'm sure that Lt. Commander Data's internal checks would show if there were any abnormalities, in which case he would seek assistance - most likely from Lt. Cmdr Geordi LaForge. :lol:
Bus Preservation Association of South Australia https://www.bpasa.org.au/
Tramway Museum St. Kilda https://www.trammuseumadelaide.com/
National Railway Museum, Port Adelaide https://nrm.org.au/
Lt. Commander Data

Indeed, I thank you Phonj for pointing that out. Although warmer weather does create optimum working conditions. To humans and other Earth-dwelling mammals, I refer you to this:
IMG_1139.JPG
Bedford-29

Post by Bedford-29 »

Gets to hot just strip off and walk around in the raw something will get sun burnt but hey at least you will be cool
Previoulsy known as United Diesel 15
LB608

Post by LB608 »

The Phonj wrote:

Unfortunately; you'll find that Lt. Commander Data is in fact not human; but an android shaped to resemble a human. Lt. Commander Data was created by Dr. Noonian Soong. An android would be most capable in working in temperatures of 40C or above; and 0C and lower, where humans may have troubles. I'm sure that Lt. Commander Data's internal checks would show if there were any abnormalities, in which case he would seek assistance - most likely from Lt. Cmdr Geordi LaForge. :lol:
Some bodyelse knows him also.
Merc1107
Favourite Vehicle: MAN 18.310, MB O405NH, L94

Post by Merc1107 »

The Phonj wrote:

But what about 50ºC, as was so common at Christmas time up in the NW? I hope "Mr. Data" can operate in such an environment.

If not, I'll be contracting the Borg for my next South Australian photography desires :mrgreen:
Shoudy Chen

Post by Shoudy Chen »

A 50C day will without a doubt, happen in the future.
Campbelltown busboy

Post by Campbelltown busboy »

Penrith in Sydney's west will probably get up to 43 on Friday it might be below that or it might get above that knowing the way the temp goes up in that part of Sydney it would most likely get above that out there
Lt. Commander Data

Merc1107 wrote: But what about 50ºC, as was so common at Christmas time up in the NW? I hope "Mr. Data" can operate in such an environment.

If not, I'll be contracting the Borg for my next South Australian photography desires :mrgreen:
We are lucky in SA not to have been assimilated by the Borg; unfortunately the same cannot be said for Western Australia - just look at the Livery of your buses! :P

Instead of contacting the Borg, my brother Lore is quite an adept photographer also. :lol:

Incidentally, a certain anagram-using user has accused me of being Lore before... :lol:
Shoudy Chen

Post by Shoudy Chen »

Parts of QLD and NSW will swelter during extreme weather.
Heihachi_73

Post by Heihachi_73 »

As will Melbourne when it reaches 100 in the old scale once again on Tuesday. My house is usually two degrees cooler than the outside temperature, and that's with the large (2m high) west-facing bedroom windows blocked. Guess who will be riding air conditioned buses and trains for half the night while my non-air conditioned, uninsulated 1960s house becomes an oven.

Return to “The Lunch Room”