Denning Landseers Sydney

This section contains posts made before the split into state-based forums for photos etc. New posts should be made to the appropriate state forum or the "General/Miscellaneous/Various" forum.
Forum rules
  • A topic icon must be used with the thread title of all threads.
  • No more than 10 photos per post with a maximum of 50 in any one page in a thread.
  • Maximum photo width 1000 pixels.
  • For full photo rules and how to attach photos see viewtopic.php?f=10&t=28459
  • Thank you :)
DENAIR
Favourite Vehicle: DENNING DENAIR

Denning Landseers Sydney

Post by DENAIR »

Metro West
Toronto Bus Service
Sydney day Tours
Sid Fogg Newcastle
Chalmers
Sunliner Gosford
Calabro's
Pioneer Bexley
Tiger Tours
Leslies : Countrylink

cheers and enjoy Denair 8)
User xxx

Re: Denning Landseers Sydney

Post by User xxx »

There would not of been very many hi-deck landseers built I ridden on other dennings double deck,landseer and mono but I have not had a ride in a denning hi-deck but I said it before they are great machine they up there with the old mci and the silver eagle great picture route660.
CM Hino

Post by CM Hino »

Hi Denair
Awesome picture
Thanks for posting them :wink:
Andrew
Administrator

Post by Andrew »

Box of tissues to Ken's computer desk please!

They are great looking buses......
Job done.
exbusdriver
Favourite Vehicle: PMC RG197 M/o 7553

Post by exbusdriver »

TV 1806 TBS- Oh what a vehicle put quite a few miles on her in my day. Dont surpose anyone would have apicture of her in her new life. I think she went way north to someone in Queensland. (funny really it was only about a month later she must have got home sick as she revisited us with flat batteries).
ex Sonters Travelways ex Sugar Valley Coachlines ex Toronto Bus Service ex premier motor service current cavanaghs
CCCC
Favourite Vehicle: Silvereagle and Scenicruiser

Post by CCCC »

exbusdriver wrote:TV 1806 TBS- Oh what a vehicle put quite a few miles on her in my day. Dont surpose anyone would have apicture of her in her new life. I think she went way north to someone in Queensland. (funny really it was only about a month later she must have got home sick as she revisited us with flat batteries).
Check with spencer.
He delivered it.
Not sure if the box made it though, metal shavings can still be seen
on the road out of TBS. :mrgreen:
exbusdriver
Favourite Vehicle: PMC RG197 M/o 7553

Post by exbusdriver »

MMMMMMMM yes i have to agree on that, but she was breeze to drive. Little tight when cold.
ex Sonters Travelways ex Sugar Valley Coachlines ex Toronto Bus Service ex premier motor service current cavanaghs
Peta mechanic.
Favourite Vehicle: Westbus Hyliner TV 408.

Post by Peta mechanic. »

I worked on the Calabro vehicle here after Westbus bought that fleet, what great memories! Thanks Denair, I honestly love my good old days and photos like these are simply brilliant.

Peta.
I really loved the years of my early working life at Westbus Coaches.
mrobsessed
Favourite Vehicle: AEC Reliance

Post by mrobsessed »

Peta mechanic. wrote:I worked on the Calabro vehicle here after Westbus bought that fleet, what great memories! Thanks Denair, I honestly love my good old days and photos like these are simply brilliant.

Peta.
......and they were the most tidy large fleet of Landseers in Sydney at the time.
Peta mechanic.
Favourite Vehicle: Westbus Hyliner TV 408.

Post by Peta mechanic. »

Yes they were a tidy fleet, I did my best that was for sure. Another memory here as well, when I worked for Parramatta-Ryde I even managed to get a drive (albeit short) in TV 333, the Metro West one at the top. Ken Butt owned it and I was at Parra-Ryde after he bought his share from Ivan Ferris.

Peta.
I really loved the years of my early working life at Westbus Coaches.
DLKnight

Post by DLKnight »

Hi, I realise that this post is old, but im pretty sure ive got tv1806 and she is about to hit the road as a motorhome, just googleing for info, and came across this site . regards Darren
bjg154

Post by bjg154 »

What's the chassis number of your coach? That's the easiest way to confirm. A photo upload would be well received too.
CCCC

Post by CCCC »

DLKnight wrote:Hi, I realise that this post is old, but im pretty sure ive got tv1806 and she is about to hit the road as a motorhome, just googleing for info, and came across this site . regards Darren
Tv 1806 was my old coach at TBS

Maybe you can fill me in where she ended up , after Toronto she went to Mackay Coaches.
!991 model if I recall correctly , had a nice tight body , great front disc brakes but was a little slow to get the reves up for some reason.

Hope you place some pics up.
DLKnight

Post by DLKnight »

I'll put some pics up as soon as she's out of the shed, hopefully the next month or two, i purchased it out of adelaide, where it had been an owner driver coach doing charter work about two years ago, very tidy. Body # 1403. Regards Darren
Denv12

Post by Denv12 »

We could either start a new post or add photos to this one.I'd love to see a variety of all Denning Landseer's here including high deck and double deck and the single axle version too.
CCCC

Post by CCCC »

Here is TV1806
Was not into taking a camera back then era early 1990's , no mobile phone with camera then.
This one is at Falls Creek , have another unable to find at the moment with the snow on the peaks in the background.
Most of my pics came from passengers weeks or months later.

Return to “Australian Photos, Videos, Sound Clips etc - ARCHIVE”