Tasmanian Bus Observations - JUL > DEC 2016

Darwin/NT & Tasmania Transport Discussion
Mitch
Favourite Vehicle: VH-VUB

Re: Tasmanian Bus Observations - JUL > DEC 2016

Post by Mitch »

News report and a photo of Tasmanian Redline #68 (Csepel 844.19, Autobus) which was caught fire late this afternoon.
A mechanical fault has caused a bus to catch on fire on George Town Road on Wednesday afternoon.

The fire was reported on the Tasmania Fire Service website about 1.20pm.

Only the driver was aboard the Redline bus at the time of the blaze, and they escaped uninjured.

Emergency services, including police, were on the scene of the incident at the George Town Road-East Tamar Highway junction to control traffic.
Image source: The Advocate Newspaper / Chris Clarke

Thanks,
Mitchul :)
Hawkeye
Favourite Vehicle: Any well designed bus!

Post by Hawkeye »

Admin - Unnecessary quote of previous post deleted.
Yeah, saw this reported somewhere just earlier this evening. Unfortunate for a thing like that to happen, but I guess it does happen to some :|
wisbydriverB40
Favourite Vehicle: 1993 Hino CG277K

Post by wisbydriverB40 »

Just noticed a TV ad for a company called Tasmanian Luxury Coaches.. I cannot say I've heard of them but the ad has a fairly flash looking BCI and King Long in a blue and silver livery and a Facebook page saying they are from Wynyard and a website saying they are coming soon..
Tas Bus Nut
Favourite Vehicle: Mercedes Benz O303

Post by Tas Bus Nut »

wisbydriverB40 wrote:Just noticed a TV ad for a company called Tasmanian Luxury Coaches.. I cannot say I've heard of them but the ad has a fairly flash looking BCI and King Long in a blue and silver livery and a Facebook page saying they are from Wynyard and a website saying they are coming soon..
Wynyard Bus Lines John. The vehicle in Q, used to be Havnalook Charters King Long midi / 250hp Cummins.

Post by 743 »

Metro's new Hospital Link service starts tomorrow.

http://www.metrotas.com.au/timetables/hospitallink/

I'm not overly familiar with Metro's history, but this could be:

- First Metro buses to Devonport and Latrobe
- First Metro Burnie services on Sundays and Public Holidays

Of note is the PDF timetable includes MerseyLink Routes 40, 45 and 72, showing all travel options across the corridor.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
Punchbowl Tiger Cub

Post by Punchbowl Tiger Cub »

Manheims Auctions Hobart have some more buses up for auction on 27/9
jamie ikin
Favourite Vehicle: mercedes0303

Post by jamie ikin »

what comperny are the buses from that are going to manheims auction
yoda

Post by yoda »

Northern Rivers Buslines and Hurst
Punchbowl Tiger Cub

Post by Punchbowl Tiger Cub »

Metro bendys as well
jamie ikin
Favourite Vehicle: mercedes0303

Post by jamie ikin »

the met 712 and 14 are there now
Tas Bus Nut

Post by Tas Bus Nut »

The Tasmanian Bus & Coach Society wish to advise they have taken delivery of Wells Waggons 1978 Volvo B58 / PMC. This coach has kindly been donated to the Society by the Wells family, who have entrusted us to preserve the vehicle for future generations. The coach itself has always been in Tasmania, initially with Tommy Smith (Riana) before passing to Medwins Coaches then onto Wells Wagons. In coming days, the TBCS will post some photographs of the coach.

In other news, the HCC are celebrating 150yrs today (Sun 25th). On display will be the council's restored DD tram 17 and single bogie 39, along with tram 116 which is only starting to be restored. Celebrations kick off from 10am > 3pm.

Post by 743 »

Metro Tasmania has announced consultation for a Launceston network review. Certainly seems to be a simpler route structure at first glance.

http://www.metrotas.com.au/launceston-network-review/

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
Tas Bus Nut

Post by Tas Bus Nut »

Upcoming events the Tasmanian Bus & Coach Society are participating in. The Festival of Wheels will be held @ Tolosa Park on SUN 6th NOV.
It is envisaged the Society will display #200 (hopefully it's new addition #32 Wells Waggons' B58 Volvo) and the Transport Museum's TAA AEC.
Admission is by donation to Moonah Rotary, who'll be wandering around Tolosa Park and exhibits, rattling tins for donations.
header01.jpg
The Errol Nothrop Memorial display @ Ulverstone will occur the next day (MON 7th NOV) as there's a public holiday in the north (Recreation Day)
Display of #32 ONLY will depend on suitable people to prepare and spend the day at the event. Either way, both days should be great for the rev-head :mrgreen: [/b]
IMGP5271.JPG
IMGP5271.JPG (211.9 KiB) Viewed 22221 times
Tas Bus Nut

Post by Tas Bus Nut »

Well, Xmas is almost upon us, and the Tasmanian Bus & Coach Society have had a FANTASTIC finish to the year with funding from the Tasmanian Community Fund and sponsorship from Volvo Australia, meaning restoration of Society vehicles can be 'full-on' in the New Year.
Metro have still NOT announced the successful tenderer for the 100 new buses (apparently, according to news reports) announcement will be made in the first half 2017. As usual, lots of rumours as to WHO the tenderers are, but even THAT seems to be a closely guarded secret. So like everyone else, we shall know in the New Year.
The only NEW bus spotted around the traps is a Bonluck midi for Walkers Coaches in Hobart. Extragreen's B7R/Marcopolo has had it's signwriting removed and is bare-skin now. I think (not confirmed) Seabourne Coaches have an ex Wangaratta school/charter coach (as I say, yet to be confirmed, but spotted in Hobart numerous times) and Tasmania's own Redline have a NEW BLK articulated bus, to replace one affected by the June floods in Northern Tasmania.
The Hobart City Council Park-n-Ride services are being operated by Coal River Coaches this year, using the Salamanca signwritten Rosas, a far cry from the low-floor city-buses of Redline, O'Driscoll in previous years. How they cope with passenger numbers closer to Xmas will be interesting. Running (2) buses though, may solve the problem.
And as usual, Hobart (and Burnie) are in the grip of another huge Cruise Ship season (especially Hobart) with visits from the 4th largest Cruise Ship in the world 'Ovation of the Seas'
So much happening around Hobart, but not a great deal of "NEW" news to report. Speaking on behalf of the Tasmanian Bus & Coach Society, I 'd like to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and a safe and Happy New Year. AND, if you're out and about in Hobart tonight (Sat) the TBCS are operating their Xmas Lights tour in artic 706. Say hello if you see us :mrgreen: Bring on 2017
Attachments
images.png
images.png (12.4 KiB) Viewed 21699 times
Last edited by Tas Bus Nut on Mon Dec 19, 2016 5:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bedford-29

Post by Bedford-29 »

Now you got the funding once the Christmas and New years hangovers are over out comes the whip Neil everybody in the TBCS gets cracking on the society buses sound like hard graft coming. :mrgreen:
Previoulsy known as United Diesel 15
Tas Bus Nut

Post by Tas Bus Nut »

Certainly is Chris. A LOT of hard work ahead. Those using excuses, like we've got no $$ to do anything, or it's more than we can handle, cannot use those excuses anymore :evil: Let's see who's committed, or should be committed :lol: :lol: Although accommodation is STILL the PRIORITY, we can get to work on restorations and temporarily accommodate the vehicles through rotation at different locations.
1whoknows

Post by 1whoknows »

Wangaratta Coachlines recently withdrew another Scania/ Volgren same as the one Seabourne already has so Neils report there is quite likely.
"Inside Every Progressive Is A Totalitarian Screaming To Get Out"
David Horowitz.
Tas Bus Nut

Post by Tas Bus Nut »

1whoknows wrote:Wangaratta Coachlines recently withdrew another Scania/ Volgren same as the one Seabourne already has so Neils report there is quite likely.
Confirmed yesterday with Peter Seabourne. YES it is his
Tas Bus Nut

Post by Tas Bus Nut »

1whoknows wrote:Wangaratta Coachlines recently withdrew another Scania/ Volgren same as the one Seabourne already has so Neils report there is quite likely.
The Q I put out there a few months ago about Wells Waggons, appears it might be the one you're referring 1whoknows. Owners finally confirmed after teasing me for months :mrgreen: L94/Volgren
MetroTasCatcher
Favourite Vehicle: Ford Crown Victoria P71

Post by MetroTasCatcher »

Mitch wrote:News report and a photo of Tasmanian Redline #68 (Csepel 844.19, Autobus) which was caught fire late this afternoon.
A mechanical fault has caused a bus to catch on fire on George Town Road on Wednesday afternoon.

The fire was reported on the Tasmania Fire Service website about 1.20pm.

Only the driver was aboard the Redline bus at the time of the blaze, and they escaped uninjured.

Emergency services, including police, were on the scene of the incident at the George Town Road-East Tamar Highway junction to control traffic.
Image source: The Advocate Newspaper / Chris Clarke

Thanks,
Mitchul :)
Haha I remember this. Had some pics of it going well somewhere
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄ POLICE LINE - DO NOT CROSS ▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

Return to “Discussion - Other States (NT & TAS)”