"Insipid Passenger" Stories

Somewhere to discuss things that don't fit into other categories.

Moderator: busrider

TP1106
Favourite Vehicle: TP1106, 1114 and 754.
Location: Perth, Western Australia - The capital city of the world's worst drivers!

Re: "Insipid Passenger" Stories

Post by TP1106 »

Lt. Commander Data wrote:
TP1106 wrote:I hate it when people take up the whole back seat on a route like the 950.
Where would you rather they sit?
Sounds like me when sitting on abus with friends (of course, when I'm by myself I sit in a sensible seat above the axle or right up front :wink: )
I mean a person takes up the whole back seat on a busy route like the 950 Data.
0405's are awesome!!
Shoudy Chen

Post by Shoudy Chen »

Back in 2014, I was on a bus trip from the Perth Convention Centre all the way to school. That bus was a high floored bus. I sat at the back section of the bus on my own and realised that I have been pressured from a group of mates. They wanted me to put my hand out of the window but I told them not to do this kind of stupid things. It annoys the f*** and having to tell these blokes off. I wanted them to stop doing this kind of behaviour but they continue to pressure me a lot.
Lt. Commander Data
Favourite Vehicle: Scania L94UB

Post by Lt. Commander Data »

Some baboon today wanting to go to Lobethal got on the T840 instead of the 864F they needed to transfer to the 834. Meant the 864F had to wait in Crafers for the T840 for around 10mins, when it was already running 10mins late. The 834 in question was at least 21mins late to Lobethal, and would have had to wait for the (now very) late 864F in Verdun. Plus the detour on route 834 sending it through Charleston, around 10mins out of it's way.
First person on 822, 865 (2016 re-route).
Last person on 164, 867, 868
TA3001
Favourite Vehicle: 1640. In service - 1738

Post by TA3001 »

There was this weirdo on a 174 I went on today. As I boarded, he was asking for $5 but in a strange way. He kept repeating $5! $5! to every passenger that boarded, even little kids with their parents.

Was this guy drug affected or something?
BroadGauge
Favourite Vehicle: Car

Post by BroadGauge »

TA3001 wrote:Was this guy drug affected or something?
If 20 people give him $5 then he's just scored enough to buy a point of cold.
Swift
Favourite Vehicle: Porshe 911 Carerra

Post by Swift »

This weird elderly man (with a heavy ethnic accent- you know, one of the Mediterranean region countries) brings supermarket trolley onto an STA Bustech bus at Maroubra Jcn, doing a 397 into town.
Driver tries telling him this is not on. Man ignores him at first and stands there fiddling with his shopping bags. After some persuasion, the man starts slowly transferring the bags into the luggage pen before taking the trolley back outside, holding up the service for nearly five minutes in total before the bus departs.
A few days later this same man is just outside Maroubra Coles helping himself to donated tin food left in a charity container, with staff yelling at him that he is not to take the food. He eventually relents and I overhear one staff member mentioning how this bloke is always acting weird. Funny thing is he looks quite unassuming in appearance.
NSW, the state that embraces mediocrity.
TA3001

Post by TA3001 »

Saw a teenage woman alight with jeans on that were ripped as high as her thighs! Looked like they were imposing as underwear! I've seen plenty of 'examples' of this clothing, but this is taking things to the extreme!
BanksfielderIdiot823
Favourite Vehicle: Volgrens and Ford Falcons

Post by BanksfielderIdiot823 »

I've had another insipid teenage (looks like it) girl at Fairfield Station today. She was holding one set of doors on A63 open around after 6:00PM waiting for her young friends to get on. The guard has already tried twice to shut the doors. I called her out and told her to let go of the doors. After the guard's fourth attempt, he joins me in yelling at the girl (he's yelling from the back of the train, not via the PA system.) After A63 finally leaves and I head back to The Crescent, this girl starts ratting me out and goes at very loose attempts at insulting me. I did not acknowledge her any further from then on because I have better things to do than to reply or pay any further attention to some rude, selfish waste of space.
Volgren all day, every day
Dear T80; If the decker's not a Volgren, I'm not interested.
Westbus Fairfield + Dandy Hub = perfection
Good old Collingwood forever.
Long live the potato cake.
GazzaOak

Post by GazzaOak »

TA3001 wrote:Saw a teenage woman alight with jeans on that were ripped as high as her thighs! Looked like they were imposing as underwear! I've seen plenty of 'examples' of this clothing, but this is taking things to the extreme!
:roll: (takes a photo)
White ribbon day is most sexist thing ever
mmosca447
Favourite Vehicle: MAN SL202

Post by mmosca447 »

Was on an 864 to the city the other day at about midday when an older man (probably 70ish) boarded and just stood up next to a seat and refused to sit down. He stood there with his hands on the seat in front of him and stood there until the bus stopped at the next stop. At this point, the driver asked him politely to sit down but he refused multiple times. A pax next to him then asked him to obey the driver’s request to no avail. The old man then proceeded to say “NO NO NO, I will not sit down”. At this point, everyone gave up and he remained standing until we arrived in the city. :roll:
busrider
Administrator
Favourite Vehicle: Maybe not my car...

Post by busrider »

Maybe he left his bus pants at home...
Swift

Post by Swift »

Hemorrhoids perhaps.
TA3001

Post by TA3001 »

I see passengers standing up for extended periods way too often...

On the Adelaide SL202s (there are still about 101 in service), a lot of passengers tend to stand in the open pram/luggage area in the centre, even when there are empty rows of seats available. Mostly blokes from my obs. It gets annoying after a while!

Also, I don't know why some passengers sit in the facing seats at the front of these facing towards one or two passengers on this side who are sitting in forward facing seats. It's even more strange when this occurs when the bus is traveling away from the setting sun.
Swift

Post by Swift »

This insipid Australian passenger took it upon himself to lie across the three perimeter seats in the front half of the bus, like it was his lounge room. I just knew we had a character here. :roll:
He asked in an ocker style voice to some stranger "are yah from Burma?".
He had one of those voices that gave you the sense he wasn't the full quid. I aimed my phone camera toward him while sitting in the front seat looking the other way. When I reviewed the footage later on, he actually turned around and looked toward the camera!! :shock: but it seems he didn't spot what I was doing.
Why must some people act unorthodox in public? What an attention seeker!
The Phonj
Administrator
Favourite Vehicle: MAN SL202, PMCSA body

Post by The Phonj »

TA3001 wrote:I see passengers standing up for extended periods way too often...

On the Adelaide SL202s (there are still about 101 in service), a lot of passengers tend to stand in the open pram/luggage area in the centre, even when there are empty rows of seats available. Mostly blokes from my obs. It gets annoying after a while!

Also, I don't know why some passengers sit in the facing seats at the front of these facing towards one or two passengers on this side who are sitting in forward facing seats. It's even more strange when this occurs when the bus is traveling away from the setting sun.
in an Adelaide SL202, The correct section for prams (which should be folded) and luggage is the area immediately behind the front door. The open space opposite the centre door is actually designed as a standing area.
Bus Preservation Association of South Australia https://www.bpasa.org.au/
Tramway Museum St. Kilda https://www.trammuseumadelaide.com/
National Railway Museum, Port Adelaide https://nrm.org.au/
boronia
Favourite Vehicle: Ahrens Fox; GMC PD4107

Post by boronia »

mmosca447 wrote:Was on an 864 to the city the other day at about midday when an older man (probably 70ish) boarded and just stood up next to a seat and refused to sit down. He stood there with his hands on the seat in front of him and stood there until the bus stopped at the next stop. At this point, the driver asked him politely to sit down but he refused multiple times. A pax next to him then asked him to obey the driver’s request to no avail. The old man then proceeded to say “NO NO NO, I will not sit down”. At this point, everyone gave up and he remained standing until we arrived in the city. :roll:
Is standing not allowed?
Preserving fire service history
@ The Museum of Fire.
mmosca447
Favourite Vehicle: MAN SL202

Post by mmosca447 »

boronia wrote:
mmosca447 wrote:Was on an 864 to the city the other day at about midday when an older man (probably 70ish) boarded and just stood up next to a seat and refused to sit down. He stood there with his hands on the seat in front of him and stood there until the bus stopped at the next stop. At this point, the driver asked him politely to sit down but he refused multiple times. A pax next to him then asked him to obey the driver’s request to no avail. The old man then proceeded to say “NO NO NO, I will not sit down”. At this point, everyone gave up and he remained standing until we arrived in the city. :roll:
Is standing not allowed?
I think it was just for safety reasons that the driver didn't want him standing up going along a rather twisty road at 60km/h. It was his reaction that made it so weird though.
TA3001

Post by TA3001 »

Would have been funnier if every other passenger on that vehicle decided to do this as well. Would confirm these comments that cross my head frequently such as 'he doesn't know how to sit down...'

I wonder what L.T Commander Data would have to say about this?

Return to “The Lunch Room”