Leyland fuel system

General Transport Discussion not specific to one state
Smithy

Leyland fuel system

Post by Smithy »

I recently change the fuel filters on my diesel 5.76lt. 0.350 engine all went well until the next start where it seemed to have a guts full of air,I reckon I tightened everything put compressed air into tank to find leak ,no luck still won't start,tried opening no.6injector primed forever,still no go! Is there a no return valve anywhere? The filters I changed were the two large ones side by side. Thank you in advance smithy
GM

Re: Leyland fuel system

Post by GM »

If it is an inline pump, have you bled the pump?
Smithy

Post by Smithy »

Thank you for replying,please bear with me as I am not mechanically minded but will give anything a shot.if you find me too tedious just ignore me,I wouldn't blame you! The fuel pump lays on top of the motor which is laying sideways in bus with fuel line coming from tank to pump which has primer lever attached,fuel passes thru this piece the via pipe goes to double fuel filters rear,fuel going thru filters coming out front and into fuel pump then I guess goes into seperate pipes for each injector.l loosened I bolt that lays on flat just behind injector pipes it blew bubbles when I tried to prime system,is this the bleed screw for the pump? Rgds smithy
GM

Post by GM »

I suggest that you keep pumping till the fuel comes though clear, then tighten the bot and see how you go? GM
Smithy

Post by Smithy »

Thanks,will give it a try over weekend
Looselion
Favourite Vehicle: 3 1/2 window Flxible Clipper

Post by Looselion »

I suggest once you've got froth free fuel flowing at the pump bleed that you release the lines at each injector and check that there's no air between the pump and injectors.
Smithy

Post by Smithy »

Thanks looselion,I am supposed to have Saturday arvo off so l will give it a burl then. Smithy

Return to “General Transport Discussion”