"Insipid Passenger" Stories

Somewhere to discuss things that don't fit into other categories.

Moderator: busrider

eddy

Re: "Insipid Passenger" Stories

Post by eddy »

Wife was on a bus with one big primary kid laying across the seat saying loudly the most foul things to the kid in front of him while the bus had many smaller children that were exposed to his filth.

Finally my wife had enough and asked him to stop it which he did temporarily then started up again so she then asked the other kids what his name was and all the other kids told her.

When the bus driver heard his name he came down and told the kid he had already got one note this week and may get another.

Where possible it would be good if a teacher was on the bus even if they got paid overtime so the driver could concentrate on driving.
Parrahub, an extra option in the public transport menu http://www.parrahub.org.au/
captainch
Favourite Vehicle: was 3533 m/o 687

Post by captainch »

we have not got enough teachers :evil:
"CAPTAIN.C.H "Lives in the home of "SUGAR CANE' not "chickens" :lol: :lol:.........."INGHAM NTH QLD"
boronia
Favourite Vehicle: Ahrens Fox; GMC PD4107

Post by boronia »

Bogan mum with 3 mobile kids, and 4th in oversize pram get on bus near Central. Three kids barge on board through other pax and claim the 3 wheel chair seats on one side. Mum follows with the pram, then badgers the pax in the other wheelchairs seat to move so she can park it. Plenty of other seats for the kids at the time.
Preserving fire service history
@ The Museum of Fire.
crazyturbo76
Favourite Vehicle: MB OC500LE/Custom 'CB80'

Post by crazyturbo76 »

A few observations since I've started catching trains in order to get to uni:
-I've seen kids play around with the EDRs on Tangaras (the ones which you turn a knob to open)-opening the doors then closing them... repeatedly. I would have thought that those things would have been alarmed, like the EDRs on Millenniums, OSCARs and 'Tahs.
-I have smelt second-hand smoke on an OSCAR after the train I was on pulled into Mt Druitt or Rooty Hill-obviously a passenger (or customer as ST likes to call them) was smoking before he hopped onto a train.

Haven't seen anyone dare to touch the emergency door releases on the Waratahs yet-their knobs and shiny red things look tempting for young children.
Lt. Commander Data
Favourite Vehicle: Scania L94UB

Post by Lt. Commander Data »

Well, I've had an..."interesting" night. Was going to catch the 1722 T863 to Stirling, so go to stop E1 with a good 5 mins to spare and wait. Bus not registering on Transittimes "Hmmm, I think thats strange." 1727: The bus has still not arrived, but according to Transittimes, it left 5 minutes ago. I put transit times away. 1732ish the 1732 863F arrives (operated by 3314). Hop on ask the driver "what happened to the T863?" "Broke down in Light Sq" he says. "Oh" I say "Will you still connect with the 868?" "Yeah, I'll give him a ring". 1808: arrive in Stirling. Thank god the 868 is waiting there, because it is freezing and getting dark, don't want to be waiting until 1825 for the next one. Get on and sit down. The seat on the CB80 is sooooooo much more comfortable than the CR228L. Then I have to walk home in the freezing cold from the bus stop (Although that would have happened anyway)

(originally posted in [APRIL 2015] Transport Observations on Friday the 10th of April)
First person on 822, 865 (2016 re-route).
Last person on 164, 867, 868
busrider
Administrator
Favourite Vehicle: Maybe not my car...

Post by busrider »

Does that mean you were the insipid passenger? :P
Lt. Commander Data

Re:

Not quite insipid, but peeved off would describe it pretty wellImage The insipid passenger is the one who started shouting because the H22 was late as well :wink:
crazyturbo76

Post by crazyturbo76 »

Winded up bumping into two stereotypical IFs at Parramatta station on Friday arvo, as I was heading back to Quakers Hill station to return to uni after a three-hour break (most of which I spent at Parramatta with some mates).

As I was going to grab a bottle of iced coffee from the vending machine on Platform 4, these two young IFs nearby ask me if I have 2 dollars to spare. I reply, "Nah, I don't carry physical cash on me" (I usually use PayPass for most of my purchasing nowadays, and I don't like carrying much physical cash on me)-and then the two-in a mocking tone-reply "Nah" back at me. Snob much? The two winded up catching the same train as me, and, as I was on the train, the IFs started knocking one of the bits of glass near the front of the carriage (the train being a K set)-just to grab the attention of a couple of Indian blokes.

The two winded up getting off at one of the stops between Seven Hills and Westmead, probably to either go home or to go and use their fake IDs or influence to get smokes and alcohol.
BroadGauge
Favourite Vehicle: Car

Post by BroadGauge »

crazyturbo76 wrote:As I was going to grab a bottle of iced coffee from the vending machine on Platform 4, these two young IFs nearby ask me if I have 2 dollars to spare. I reply, "Nah, I don't carry physical cash on me" (I usually use PayPass for most of my purchasing nowadays, and I don't like carrying much physical cash on me)-and then the two-in a mocking tone-reply "Nah" back at me. Snob much? The two winded up catching the same train as me, and, as I was on the train, the IFs started knocking one of the bits of glass near the front of the carriage (the train being a K set)-just to grab the attention of a couple of Indian blokes.

The two winded up getting off at one of the stops between Seven Hills and Westmead, probably to either go home or to go and use their fake IDs or influence to get smokes and alcohol.
I think it's the boobs factor. A lot of these type of young females know that they'll have a better chance of getting what they want off males than the average person asking simply because of their gender and age, and the fact that they might be half attractive.
crazyturbo76

Post by crazyturbo76 »

Bumped into more young folk causing trouble for the establishment this arvo when I was heading into Blacktown: three or four male kiddies from Chifley College Mt Druitt Campus (judging by their uniforms) hopped on at Rooty Hill, and soon after started banging everything, putting feet on seats-'till the guard (who had the benefit of spying on them through a 'Tah's various cameras scattered across the train) blared through the DVA system saying that he was watching them.

One of the boys replied by giving one of the cameras the finger. I'm surprised transits didn't get them at Blacktown-they probably would have at one of the later stops...
GazzaOak

Re: Insipid Passagners

Post by GazzaOak »

Swift wrote: Unfortunately ,this seems to be typical Sydney girl behavior.Its disgusting.
There is a prevalence of spoilt brats with no appreciation of the value of manners in this city.Sydney people have become harsh.
I bloody love to take on these stupid sydney girl behavior..... Whenever a young girl be rude to me, i would often reply with sexual innedo to them to piss them off.

I'm a fairly headstrong guy, tho.... haha
White ribbon day is most sexist thing ever
captainch
Favourite Vehicle: was 3533 m/o 687

Post by captainch »

Large ferral wowman gets on a rail coach with a pram & baby ,plus 6 kids from 6 differrant fathers.................the coach driver asked her at least 4 times over the P.A TO CONTROL the ferral kids from running up & down the isle,so then she screams out stop here "C*******T" which was between mooney bdge & Mt WHITE weres theres no station...........so the abuse went on SO being a long week end ,the police were doing breath testing in the rest stop just before hawksbury bdge net minute coppers take the lot of them off the coach and we were on our way to Sydney.......................love to know what happened to the gang as its not a bus route!...................HA HA HA. :oops: :shock:
"CAPTAIN.C.H "Lives in the home of "SUGAR CANE' not "chickens" :lol: :lol:.........."INGHAM NTH QLD"
Lt. Commander Data

Sunday, 07/06/15. 12:10pm ACDT.

I turn up at the Crafers Park'n'Ride, 10mins before the 12:22pm T843 is due to arrive. I checked Transit Times before I left to see what bus it was, and according to Transit Times it was being operated by 3401 (the Double Decker). Well, 12:22 came and went, with no bus whatsoever. finally, just after 12:30, the T843 arrives being operated by 3372 (a CB80 artic). We head off towards Mt Barker, and do about 50km/h on the freeway (it was probably faster than that, maybe 80, but it felt like 50). Turn off at Hahndorf, and just before stop 53, there is a traffic jam. Great! The bus then stops at stop 54 instead of 55, which is supposed to be the only stop in Hahndorf serviced by route T843. At 13:11, the bus finally arrives in Mt Barker, a good 20mins late. In the depot I can see 3401, which means it definitely was not doing the T843 that day.
crimsontide

Post by crimsontide »

Insipid Male at North Sydney early Afternoon on Tuesday. Passenger with a ticket not working, doesn't worry about asking staff for assistance but just steps over the barrier when the CSA tried to ask what's wrong, IP replied "I am doing the Right thing." , then proceeded to the stairs down to Platform 3/4, where he turned around and started shouting the CSA "do you want to see my ticket" , while waving it in the air.
Swift
Favourite Vehicle: Porshe 911 Carerra

Post by Swift »

Did he get checked out? Sounds like a very typical insolent office worker around there.
NSW, the state that embraces mediocrity.
crimsontide

Post by crimsontide »

Swift wrote:Did he get checked out? Sounds like a very typical insolent office worker around there.
Not sure if the IP was an Office worker, but would fit the mould of some of them that think they are god's gift, because they are in a Suit.
He was of African descent, with an English accent...jokingly suggested to my collegaue we should've asked for a valid Visa. :lol:
Swift

Post by Swift »

Ohh a Pommie black dude. Interesting. Not many come out to Australia and I think that is because they feel no connection to us as their Caucasian counterparts do. Same situation with black Americans unless here on business. I did meet a handful in my taxi driving career (Americans) and they ranged from one "gods gift" type from L.A who was a bit of a jerk to an older one who had lived in Sydney for a few years and was really cool to chat with.
Would be interesting to know the number of black South Africans that visit, let alone live here.
crazyturbo76

Post by crazyturbo76 »

Someone managed to push enough force against one set of doors on a Waratah to nearly break it this morning-happened on my T1 line trip into Blacktown. Looks like that someone (or group of people) will be copping a $400 fine...
rogf24

Post by rogf24 »

There's an elderly Italian guy hitting on 2 Brazilian chicks on the bus. Hahahahahaha, very entertaining to listen to.
Alstom 888M

Post by Alstom 888M »

crimsontide wrote:Not sure if the IP was an Office worker, but would fit the mould of some of them that think they are god's gift, because they are in a Suit.
He was of African descent, with an English accent...jokingly suggested to my collegaue we should've asked for a valid Visa. :lol:
Should have given him the full search and all then. Visa, papers, everything. Would kick a bit of respect into the piece of faeces.
All my posts on this board represents my personal views and opinions only. They may not necessarily reflect the views, opinions, or values of those of my family, friends, colleagues, or employer.
V981
Favourite Vehicle: Anything Volvo

Post by V981 »

BroadGauge wrote:
crazyturbo76 wrote:As I was going to grab a bottle of iced coffee from the vending machine on Platform 4, these two young IFs nearby ask me if I have 2 dollars to spare. I reply, "Nah, I don't carry physical cash on me" (I usually use PayPass for most of my purchasing nowadays, and I don't like carrying much physical cash on me)-and then the two-in a mocking tone-reply "Nah" back at me. Snob much? The two winded up catching the same train as me, and, as I was on the train, the IFs started knocking one of the bits of glass near the front of the carriage (the train being a K set)-just to grab the attention of a couple of Indian blokes.

I think it's the boobs factor. A lot of these type of young females know that they'll have a better chance of getting what they want off males than the average person asking simply because of their gender and age, and the fact that they might be half attractive.
There are plenty of young females who apply themselves to this golden rule of getting through life - When all else fails, just pull your tits out. :lol:
The views expressed by me are mine and mine only. They do not neccesarily fall in line with the views of my friends, family, collegues or my employer.
boronia

Post by boronia »

Bogan couple get off a train at Penrith this afternoon, pushing a large Coles shopping trolley, along the platform and into the lift. What was in it? Just 3 small plastic bags.

No doubt they will push it all the way home, then dump it on the footpath.
@ The Museum of Fire.
Swift

Post by Swift »

boronia wrote:.

They probably attempted to take it onto a low entry bus.
Lt. Commander Data

Swift wrote:
boronia wrote:.

They probably attempted to take it onto a low entry bus.
Or when (or if) a high floor bus turns up abuse the driver for not bringing a low floor bus. Either that or take up he wheelchair space on a low floor bus, and not move for an actual disabled person.
boronia

Post by boronia »

It's always fun to watch 3 women with prams trying to get onto a LF bus at the shopping centres.
@ The Museum of Fire.

Return to “The Lunch Room”