Special Holiday timetables

Adelaide / South Australia Transport Discussion
jibb

Special Holiday timetables

Post by jibb »

Adelaide Metro have put up special timetables to operate on weekdays from Monday 22nd December to Friday 2nd January.
It covers rail,tram and bus services(except for Transfield Services which are not changing).
It appears that many of Torrens Transit services as well as a reduction in peak-hour services will see daytime off peak frequencies halved.This is the first time I can recall this happening.
On weekdays the Shuttle Tram between West and South Terraces has been cancelled.
bigrobbo

Re: Special Holiday timetables

Post by bigrobbo »

http://www.adelaidemetro.com.au/Announc ... ear-period

I have noticed that the 222 is cut to every 30 minutes during off peak.

I rang Adelaide Metro to clarify something. If your service is not mentioned in the new two week timetable, it will be running as normal.
jibb

Post by jibb »

Reductions in Torrens Transit services will only occur on December 29,30,31 and Jan 2nd.
Lt. Commander Data
Favourite Vehicle: Scania L94UB

Post by Lt. Commander Data »

The Glen Osmond Rd GO ZONE has been cut to every 30min inter peak. The 442 T863 and the 1130pm 863 have been cut and the 840X, 839 and T840 services have been reduced but the 868, 850, 894 and 852 (very low patronised services) remain the same :?

Southlink Hills are operating reduced services from the 22nd of December until the 2nd of January minus New Year's Day (Jan 1)
First person on 822, 865 (2016 re-route).
Last person on 164, 867, 868
howlerbus
Favourite Vehicle: Diesel Buses

Post by howlerbus »

Yes its going to be a pain when I go to and from Murray Bridge for Christmas, might end up travelling on the trips that run direct to/from Franklin St
You got a real flash bus, but my one's flash one, eh
And I believe that my one's faster than yours, Mr Bond
'Cause mine's a red one'
Lt. Commander Data

howlerbus wrote:Yes its going to be a pain when I go to and from Murray Bridge for Christmas, might end up travelling on the trips that run direct to/from Franklin St
Are routes 805&806 having service reductions as well or are they operating to a normal timetable?
TT
Favourite Vehicle: Anything without SCANIA badge.

Post by TT »

No 157X services. No B12 services.
And very strange that all of Transfield routes will run to normal timetables.
Lt. Commander Data

Is this the first year they have cut services during the Christmas period, pr have I just never noticed it before? I mean, I know that selected express and limited stop service don't run between Christmas and new years days, but full on cuts (except for LCB)?

Also, I had another look at the Hills timetable and it seems that the 442 T863 has NOT been cut.
TT

Post by TT »

As far as I can remember all of this is a first.

Z – Bus does not operate on business days
between Christmas Day & New Year’s Day.

This is from the regular published B10 timetable and is for 6 services in the morning from Magill and 2 in the morning from West Lakes (all B10C services) and it's the only one I can think of that appears in any of the East-West contract timetables (and has been there for a few years).
TT

Post by TT »

There is now an article on these cuts on the AdelaideNow website. So I guess will appear in tomorrow's Advertiser.
jibb

Post by jibb »

TT wrote:No 157X services. No B12 services.
And very strange that all of Transfield routes will run to normal timetables.
Some LCB sercies do not run or operate a reduced service as per the published Timetable-ie no G22 service between Christmas and New year.556 services in peak hours only go as far as Paradise Interchange,and 545 servies in peak hours will only operate to/from TTP>
G40 servicesi in December and January during the day operate to/from Victoria Square and TTP.
witsend
Favourite Vehicle: Dunns Daewoo CS120 No. 31

Post by witsend »

Seaford & Gawler Trains drops to every 30 minutes, with slight increases at normal peak times.
Regards,

Samuel Wittwer
Posts may not be supported or endorsed by any group that I'm associated with, and normally are my own personal view.
howlerbus
Favourite Vehicle: Diesel Buses

Post by howlerbus »

Lt. Commander Data wrote:
howlerbus wrote:Yes its going to be a pain when I go to and from Murray Bridge for Christmas, might end up travelling on the trips that run direct to/from Franklin St
Are routes 805&806 having service reductions as well or are they operating to a normal timetable?

I am not sure but I assume its a normal service, but I will be calling Link SA before I travel next week
You got a real flash bus, but my one's flash one, eh
And I believe that my one's faster than yours, Mr Bond
'Cause mine's a red one'
Eagle Eye

Post by Eagle Eye »

jibb wrote:Some LCB sercies do not run or operate a reduced service as per the published Timetable-ie no G22 service between Christmas and New year.556 services in peak hours only go as far as Paradise Interchange,and 545 servies in peak hours will only operate to/from TTP>
G40 servicesi in December and January during the day operate to/from Victoria Square and TTP.
As well as 546X services and some C1X services that do not operate. LCB certainly have a number of services that don't run but I wonder why these weren't shown on the map? People are more likely to look at this than the fine print in the public timetables!

What's with the East-West timetables having 79 pages? How can the average Joe who doesn't normally look at timetables be expected to delve down deep into such a huge document to find whether their services are operating over this period?

Torrens' service reductions only apply for the New Year's week whereas SouthLink and rail reductions will apply for 2 weeks, odd...

Also Delfin Island won't have any 376 services in the morning peak yet all the interpeak and afternoon peak services are retained.

Another odd one that stands out to me is the tram services, why cut city shuttles when many people travel to the city to shop (probably more than during the year!) yet we're taking out trams that move people around the city and squeezing them onto Glenelg trams which will already be chockers, especially if the weather is warm to hot.
witsend
Favourite Vehicle: Dunns Daewoo CS120 No. 31

Post by witsend »

TBH, I think it's not just about cost cutting, but to also to manage leave for drivers as well. Southlink is dependent on the trains for services, so naturally they need to fall in line with AdMet Rail Times.
Regards,

Samuel Wittwer
Posts may not be supported or endorsed by any group that I'm associated with, and normally are my own personal view.
otto5013
Favourite Vehicle: Scania K320UB -Custom CB80 s.2

Post by otto5013 »

Poor old Mullers has been told to "find savings!" ?
That's the way the whole thing started, silly but it's true ...

Return to “Discussion - Adelaide / SA”