After a brief update on STA era buses

Adelaide / South Australia Transport Discussion
Project6029

After a brief update on STA era buses

Post by Project6029 »

Hi Guys,

Whilst i know about the fleetlists, they obviously take time to get updated and require good individual unit feed in - so in the absence of current item by item fleetlists, I was really just after a quick snapsnot of where most of the 'more recent' out of services STA era buses may be.

I was really interested in the SL200's, SG280s and O305 (rigid and bendies)...

For example, are most of the SL200's that are shown 'as being with Torrens Transit' are they just now scrapped, but the fleet lists arent updated.

Similarly, is there a big depot / storage yard somewhere filled with O305's and SG280's, or have the bulk of them just started to disappear to scrap yards too?

Any information would be appreciated!

Thanks!
PD2/20

Re: After a brief update on STA era buses

Post by PD2/20 »

Project6029 wrote:Hi Guys,

For example, are most of the SL200's that are shown 'as being with Torrens Transit' are they just now scrapped, but the fleet lists arent updated.

Thanks!
Note that the SL200's currently listed under Torrens Transit (1351-1367) are not the STA buses but imports from Melbourne as indicated in the comments on the listing.
Project6029

Re: After a brief update on STA era buses

Post by Project6029 »

Yes, I have and thats the point of my original post - they arent up to date (not criticising), hence asking for a more general update of where SG280's, O305's are.

An example, but not what I am interested in, the lists show things like the green machines as being withdrawn, but as I understand it, most of them have been given the chop ages ago.

Return to “Discussion - Adelaide / SA”