Re: SydneyTrains advertising/Vending Machines updates

Post by boxythingy »

idionz wrote:It was $2.20 for a 600ML bottle of come :shocked:
:shock:
CB80
Favourite Vehicle: Leyland Tiger

Post by CB80 »

Tallewang wrote:Even supermarkets bizarrely sell 600 ml bottles for MORE than 2000 ml bottles.
Convenience tax.
Tallewang

Post by Tallewang »

It's convenient, if they are cold.

If they are the same temperature, there is no convenience advantage if it is the same shop. Same location, same checkout queue.
crazyturbo76
Favourite Vehicle: MB OC500LE/Custom 'CB80'

Post by crazyturbo76 »

Tallewang wrote:
captainch wrote:the same trucks deliver to cnr stores and 7-11 stores and railway stations as coke deliver their own products!
Even supermarkets bizarrely sell 600 ml bottles for MORE than 2000 ml bottles.
I can get a 1.25 L bottle of Woolies Select brand soft drink for 90c but unfortunately it's not cold. My local Woolies also has sold $1.50 1.25s of PepsiCo variety as well, but they aren't cold either.

It's all about convenience with Coles and Woolies, even if it means stopping the sale of 2L cold Cokes like they have done at Woolworths/BWS and replacing them with "healthier" 1L bottles. I don't like the 1L Cokes they have (I go through them in no time) so I usually have to make do with warm 2L Coke or wait a few hours for it to go cold in the fridge.

I sometimes blame the health activist groups for the downsizing of Coke, even though Coca-Cola Amatil have said themselves that they would eventually downsize their bottles/cans of beverages. It's up to the individual buying the beverage to make their own health decisions, not the companies selling the stuff...
iDionz

Post by iDionz »

The smaller the bottle the more convenient it is and more expensive it's cheaper to buy a 2L bottle at Coles over a 600ML one in the fridge! But the difference is ones cold and the other isn't. I go for cold anyday as I hate warm/ room temperature soda it tastes weird.

As for buying water I hardly ever do if I need to I'll buy the cheapest and biggest one there is which is usually a 1L for $1.20 from Coles/woollies, that's rare for me and doesn't bother me at all that it's not
Cold.

Now for some updates! I think Martin place has a new digital display on the roof of the concourse as I saw one on Saturday! And also the new snack machine next to the stairs to the intercity concourse has the 3 bottom rows i.e 3, 4 and 5 are inactive for some reason and have been like if since it was installed and I'm
Surprised that the stockist guy hasn't noticed that NOBODY has been buying anything and I noticed this as I have 2 pictures a month apart and nothing has moved
iDionz

Post by iDionz »

The old vending machine at Rockdale (no note reader and old style) has been removed including the one down the stairs which has been replaced by two Royal Vendors machines whilst the 3rd push button one has been kept. I haven't had a look at it as every time I go to look at it the platform is closed off. Wonder why there isn't any on the other platform.

Also more opal advertising has appeared. Purple opal adverts have appeared on the large Adshel boards at town hall going down to the platforms, green opal adverts have appeared on the vertical digital boards placed around the station and beside the escalators. Also blue opal adverts have appeared on cross track boards around the network and on some tangaras.

But seriously why do we need so much more adverts, stations have basically used all available information boards at there stations and sticky taped opal ads on random walls and ticket machines.

Also the paper based train timetables that used to be on the unpaid area of the suburban concourse now houses both network maps and a long opal advert and different other opal information
iDionz

Post by iDionz »

Tangaras are fast becoming covered inside and outside with advertisements

New style under doors on tangaras: https://twitter.com/diond408/status/481575421213831168
Tallewang

Post by Tallewang »

I dislike actually warm soda, but buying a bottle off the shelf in the supermarket which is air conditioned to 20 degrees and then taking it outside and drinking in the 29 degree heat, is cool enough for me. But if the shop isn't air-conditioned, then it has to come out of the fridge.
Tallewang

Post by Tallewang »

iDionz wrote:Tangaras are fast becoming covered inside and outside with advertisements

New style under doors on tangaras: https://twitter.com/diond408/status/481575421213831168
The advertisers' message is not very effective, I can't even read it.
iDionz

Post by iDionz »

Blurry photo and the quality lessens with twitter pictures
boxythingy
Favourite Vehicle: Anything not 'B-set' w/problms

Post by boxythingy »

All there now is the intercarriage doors, ceiling (sighted on Nanjing and Shanghai Metro, no pics supplied) and flooring left. They can also consider this if they really wanted to...
Tallewang

Post by Tallewang »

In Beijing, they have some sort of scheme where images are projected or displayed on the walls of the tunnels outside the trains. The images appear to move along at the same speed as the train.

I was unable to figure out if these images were being projected from some kind of image projects mounted onto the train, or if they were being displayed on static screens with the image made to scroll sideways at a speed which exactly matched the speed of the train.
boxythingy

Post by boxythingy »

It's nothing new, put up static frame pictures and then move across really fast and you get an apparent motion

I hope to not see it in Sydney, as they already waste enough time with Trackwork.
boxythingy

Post by boxythingy »

Perhaps APN could teach Sydney Trains/NSW TrainLink a thing or two about screens de/activating and train sensors.
iDionz

Post by iDionz »

Coca cola seem to have a new product and it's barista bros iced coffee in normal and double strength and has now made it's way to vending machines on the sydney trains network seen at padstow and central station!

I have had one of the double strength one and it's pretty good considering I've never had any iced coffee to my memory!
PIC: https://twitter.com/diond408/status/484473753435242496
iDionz

Post by iDionz »

Sorry my brain just fizzed out then forgot to add:

The triple FIFA machines have had the variety changed. The powerade machine lost a row of powerade and gained a full row of iced tea whilst the water machine gained full 3 rows of water and full row of mineral water!

PICS: https://twitter.com/diond408/status/484474131178471424

Also good news! The new snack machine that got put in 4 months ago or so now has all selections working finally! Number 3, 4 & 5 didn't work so everything that had one of those numbers couldn't be brought so is wait a month or so cause there cud be out of date stuff in there considering most things didn't moved for 4 months or so
iDionz

Post by iDionz »

The single machine at central grand concourse that is filled mostly with new barista bros iced coffee stickering and drawings on machine I.e legal grafitti done by stockist. The machine on platform 15 is also stickered for this drink.

North Sydney's machines now have stickering for the 450mL coke varietys and the other machine is on barista bros stickering. All 4 sets are done this way

PIC: https://twitter.com/diond408/status/487012761482690561

There's more pics on my twitter account so have a look!
iDionz

Post by iDionz »

A new vending machine has appeared at Olympic park it's sole purpose is selling barista bros iced coffee and has 3/4 panels in stickering, costs $3.50 vs the rest of the network at $3.80 (though these machines have always had different structure to the rest of the network) like mascot and green sq.

PIC: https://twitter.com/diond408/status/487463122592989184

And the horrible idea award goes to Granville station which now sports 375mL cans @ $2.50 in sprite lift fanta both deep spring can types (passion fruit one isn't sold in 600mL bottles) and kirks pasito and creaming soda!. Unsure if this is a trial or not but I don't like the idea at all. I like having a 600mL bottle. If they go restructure machines with 450mL bottles it won't bother me much but it's been 600mL for years!.

PICS: https://twitter.com/diond408/status/487460162077093888
iDionz

Post by iDionz »

Exciting updates for vending machines at central woohoo!!

The barista bros machines are all still stickered for barista bros.

All machines on/in concourse areas have been stickered for powerade in particular blue powerade which they have advertising on the side for high flow nozzle type which No machine has it :/

The platforms 1-15 and 22-23 have a different type coke zero ad with refreshment centre advertised on machines and drink logos on Backs of ones that have there backs showing and a coke zero bottle on the side

PICS for all: https://twitter.com/diond408/status/495053976723681280
iDionz

Post by iDionz »

Exciting advertising has appeared at town hall!!!
A big advert for spider man DVD that can be brought right next door at town hall woolworths. the digital board next to the railway entrance has touch enabled. and can take a photo of yourself being electr,o and share it if you wish ( i just took a photo of myself as electro though) and I believe this is the first interactive board on the sydney trains network good placement of the board though!!. PICS: https://twitter.com/diond408/status/498668284615479298

Also the paid concourse at central has new manual advertising boards that are larger and are lit up and can be in 3 ad scrolling mode, they aren't in that mode yet and unsure if they will. Don't know if the older ones without scrolling and light capability will be replaced yet. PICS: https://twitter.com/diond408/status/498766371665088514

Also APN Has announced the rollout of XTrackTV:

APN Outdoor Launches XtrackTV
APN Outdoor, this week announced that it will reinvent rail advertising in Australia with the introduction of XtrackTV.

XtrackTV will offer advertisers a digital broadcast network of LED screens, featuring full motion video, directional audio and television commercial compatible capabilities – similar in fact to ExterionMedia’s (nee CBS Outdoor) XTP in the London Underground.

XtrackTV will be sold in packages comprised of 62 panels; 32 in Sydney and 30 in Melbourne – all XtrackTV panels are located on busy rail platforms in key city business district (CBD) stations including Town Hall, Wynyard, Central, Martin Place, North Sydney, Chatswood, Kings Cross, Edgecliff and Bondi Junction in Sydney and Melbourne Central, Parliament and Flagstaff in Melbourne.

XtrackTV will be sold in 15 second increments with weekly, 6-month and 12-month purchasing options. With its high dwell times and access to the unique commuter audience, XtrackTV will deliver over 8.4 million gross contacts per week.

Richard Herring, APN Outdoor Chief Executive Officer said “Not only will our advertisers now have the flexibility to change their messages throughout the day, they can also extend their TV campaigns by repurposing their TVC creative and using it again on XtrackTV. Additionally, having the ability to incorporate video and audio into platform campaigns will be a game-changer for winning consumer attention. ”

The build program for APN Outdoor’s new XtrackTV has commenced with a completion date scheduled for October and is available for purchase now.

http://www.dailydooh.com/archives/99179
iDionz

Post by iDionz »

glenfield station has had it's drink machines replaced with bigger ones dunno why.

And (was meaning to post this ages ago) but town hall has an adverisement board that you can take a pic and turns you into electro and displays it on advertising boards around the station. Is currently broken though :( screen is blank lucky people got there faces up for long for a little whole lol

Also APN digital screens have appeared at town hall and wynyard seems like 2 on each platform not working yet though. Exciting!!!
iDionz

Post by iDionz »

To the lucky buggers who use paramatta station of a morning between 6:30 and 9:30 it is $1 of drinks in the vending machines!!!! Wow!! So it'd normally e $4 for a coke fanta sprite mother etc now it's $3 also o $3.20 for powerade $2.20 for water etc on the $1 price time! Dunno about platform vending machines ad they don't have advertising front it might have it off too dunno .

So it seems there's 3 trials 1. nth sydney for 450mL bottles 2. $1 off at paramatta between 6:30 and 9:30 AM and cans of fanta sprite lift and some kirks drinks at Granville for $2.50 375mL which I HATE STUPID IDEA coca cola!

PICS of paramatta machines: https://twitter.com/diond408/status/505149417473589248
Newcastle Flyer

Post by Newcastle Flyer »

And save even more If you reaaaally want a soft drink, by buying at a shop, or better still, pay nothing & being water!

Idionz, I note yiu said that some interactive boards were broken. Was that before or after you took a photo?! :mrgreen:
White lives matter too.
Australia Day 26th Jan, the most important day in Australia as is 19 April, Cook's discovery of eastern Australia
iDionz

Post by iDionz »

Interesting update for vending machines today... Wolli creek still has 2 royal vendors 8 wide 8 deep and 5 high machines on the concourse at wolli creek. Illawarra platform had! 2 steel royal vendors button machines. Campbelltown platform had 2 (1 now) steel royal vendors machines but the interesting thing is they're replaced by the glass sealiff machines...

Wow didn't see this coming at all, considering these are massive and I've never known wolli creek having that much patronage for these machines they still have a steel royal machine on campbelltown platform but most likley be replaced and the unique royal vendors merlin machine on city airport platform should be replaced too

Also awaiting initial stock !
PICS: https://twitter.com/diond408/status/507811025425403905

Also burwood got a new royal machine or two...

https://twitter.com/diond408/status/507810727659196416

If you see anything new vending machines or something interesting even if it's just a post no pic do post and I'll go out and take photo
moa999

Post by moa999 »

New mini billboard sized display installed at Kings Cross on Platforms 1 and 2. Not operating yet.

Label below says "X track TV"

Return to “Discussion - Sydney / NSW”