"Insipid Passenger" Stories

Somewhere to discuss things that don't fit into other categories.

Moderator: busrider

R44
Favourite Vehicle: MO-8205

Re: "Insipid Passenger" Stories

Post by R44 »

I haven't been around much...

That said; Couple school kids get on train at Windsor, and proceed to dump bikes in vestibule of leading car and go upstairs. By the time we'd gotten to Vineyard, they had come back down the stairs and started to hit me, a commuter doing *work* on his laptop, with grapes... By the time I got to Blacktown I was that peeved off with them...
pgt
Favourite Vehicle: MAN SL202/MB O305G/Volvo B10M

Post by pgt »

Here's one:
IF getting on L90 at Wynyard same time as I am, proceeds to push me out of the way and saying "I've got one of these" pointing to her prepaid bus ticket. (I suspect she thought I was paying cash, despite being in the right-hand queue as you get on).

I had to retailate - showed her my ticket and said "I've got one too", then went ahead of her in the queue.

(Since when does having a prepaid ticket let you jump the queue?)
"It's my way or the (side of the) highway".
Might be a way to lead life, but more like the way that some people drive.
captainch
Favourite Vehicle: was 3533 m/o 687

Post by captainch »

train station about 30 ppl waiting for bus, picture it a large ferral mother tats all over her tits which everybody could see shorts were you could see the thong,didn't think they made em in cicus tent size ,3 little kids kept ruming out on to bus lane she did nothing to stop them ,to busy on mobile, bus pulls in ferral screams at the ppl ""which one of you C****S is going to lift my f...........g stroller on with kid still in it,as shes still on mobile..............all the passengers get on then driver says to her.........you droped $20 she bends over to look for it he closes door and takes off to much clapping of passengers! then warned other drivers about her that were going into station on his 2 way :lol: :lol:
"CAPTAIN.C.H "Lives in the home of "SUGAR CANE' not "chickens" :lol: :lol:.........."INGHAM NTH QLD"
Ryder
Favourite Vehicle: Volvo B12BLE ZF

Post by Ryder »

captainch wrote:train station about 30 ppl waiting for bus, picture it a large ferral mother tats all over her tits which everybody could see shorts were you could see the thong,didn't think they made em in cicus tent size ,3 little kids kept ruming out on to bus lane she did nothing to stop them ,to busy on mobile, bus pulls in ferral screams at the ppl ""which one of you C****S is going to lift my f...........g stroller on with kid still in it,as shes still on mobile..............all the passengers get on then driver says to her.........you droped $20 she bends over to look for it he closes door and takes off to much clapping of passengers! then warned other drivers about her that were going into station on his 2 way :lol: :lol:
:lol:
Ryde (where I live) + rider (of buses) = Ryder
My website: http://stabuses.tk
My OMSI youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/OMSIGameplayFilms
Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/98775692@N03/
dex
Favourite Vehicle: a bus

Post by dex »

Ok, normally dont post here...but
Came back to the bus from going to the toilet and there was a woman at the door. I opened the bus door..
Woman: Are you the bus driver?
Me: Sure am, how can I help?"
Woman: Why did you close the doors?
Me: Because I went to the toilet.
Woman: Why?
Me: Umm...because Im not a robot
Woman: But you trapped everyone in the bus, you've kidnapped them
Me: They got on the bus willingly and If I'd kidnapped them they would've had to come to the toilet with me, which to be honest would've been awkward for everyone involved
Woman: Now you're just being smart
Me: So, whats the point of this then?
Woman: I'm going to call your boss
Me: That's fine, you need the number?
And with that she stomped off.
Still don't know what her issue was.
My daily cruiser is a two-door turbo merc.
MaxHeadway

Post by MaxHeadway »

^^^ :lol: Two thumbs up!
You used to have to pay money to see a freak show; now you have to pay NOT to.
moreton
Favourite Vehicle: Volvo and Ford
Location: *Never have to wait behind a Taxi doing an EFTPOS transation in Brisbane.

Post by moreton »

Colleague of mine had just finished his last run for the evening, pulled into terminus, those in Brisbane may have seen, blue allover and a possum on front and back, he had changed desto to DEPOT and got out of bus walked over to railing at well known Terminus, was having a smoke about 20 metres from bus.
IF with bad manners approaches from behind and hits him over the back of the head with her handbag knocks cigarette out of his hand, meanwhile next available bus has pulled into stop behind terminating bus and witnessed attack,raced over to fellow driver, with attacker abusing driver for not taking her to Valley so she get more drinking done. Driver no.1 still a bit shaken has been calmed by driver no. 2. Driver no.1 says to no.2 " Can you take this crazy woman (IF) with you, so I can go home". Driver no.2 takes passenger and other witnesses with him into service.

Next week, Driver No.1 gets a note come into office see manager, Q1. Did you call an intending passenger a Crazy Woman on Sunday Night at Terminus ? A. Yes, but she hit me 1st. No.1 explains why he happened to call her crazy. Manager files report. Driver No.2 also called into office to confirm witnessing of said incident and taking passenger to her destination, while abusing all bus drivers to all passengers along the trip to destination. Many passengers came to bus driver No.2, he took names and phone numbers of said passengers.
Manager files report, calls Police and gives copy to Police, with all supporting witness names , numbers etc. Police investigated at known address of IF.

IF Crazy women had some previous form, was kicked out of her quite expensive residence (over looks pretty part of City), was also terminated from her high flying position, also does no longer travel with all our other Bus Drivers in Brisbane.

Sorry that it didn't have a mobile phone in that one. Regards Moreton :wink:
Never again have to wait in a Q,in Queen Street ?
Swift
Favourite Vehicle: Porshe 911 Carerra

Post by Swift »

Bus was stopped in Crows Nest collecting passengers when this old frumpy looking woman who looks like one of those daggy passengers that have been catching the service since 1960 or thereabouts and think they own the bus as a result.
This creature is talking to the driver for a few seconds (I am sitting in the taxi rank across the road watching) , sits down ,gets up again from the front seat behind the front door speaks to the driver again,looks unremarkable, sits down again.
Now as she is seated she keeps saying stuff to the driver, I'm starting to think is this bus ever going to depart? Woman gets up again and starts what looks like her giving the driver a real serve this time with the driver throwing his hands in the air in response to her obvious argumentative behavior. She eventually sits down and as the bus finally gets on it's way , the driver plainly has a really exasperated expression on his face.
I can only imagine what went on in that exchange!!
Another stupid daggy 273 passenger!!
NSW, the state that embraces mediocrity.
rogf24

Post by rogf24 »

Girl on train: Artarmon, my grandma's boyfriend works here.
Guy: Your grandma's boyfriend!
Girl: Don't ask about it, my family is so f***ed up.

This didn't happen on public transport but when a tourist asked a guy for directions he replied: Yeah that's quite far away, you have to take the bus one stop down.

I also had someone on the train boasting about his family's connection to Ned Kelly (great great nephew...) to his mates and everyone on the carriage had a giggle.
dex
Favourite Vehicle: a bus

Post by dex »

I also had someone on the train boasting about his family's connection to Ned Kelly (great great nephew...) to his mates and everyone on the carriage had a giggle.
LOL...must be related to the woman on my bus. No kidding, it went something along the lines of Ned Kelly was her Grandfather's cousins cousin...something like that. After that I think i might take a DNA test with my wife. At what point are people just not related. My daughter is fine by the way.
My daily cruiser is a two-door turbo merc.
S Barrett
Favourite Vehicle: Bombardier

Post by S Barrett »

I was on a train from London Kings Cross to York last week. The guard was checking tickets and a passenger handed him a concession card with no photo i.d on it. When the guard asked him to produce photo i.d the passenger got very angry saying he was never asked for it before. The guard told him that he was just doing his job but this did not stop the passenger from having a good rant. Half the carriage had a good laugh at the other passengers expense and the guard had a smile on his face after getting him to produce the I.D.
BroadGauge
Favourite Vehicle: Car

Post by BroadGauge »

Was at Albion station in the west of Melbourne today, and noticed a couple of IFs arriving on a terminating train continue to sit there in their own world while five announcements were made about trackwork and connecting buses, until the train finally left and went back to where it came from before they finally realised something was wrong, by which time it was too late leaving them to get off at the next stop :twisted:

And this was on day 14 of a 16-day shutdown of the line!
Peter1805

Post by Peter1805 »

Young adult IF (I use the term "adult" hesitantly) gets on my bus yesterday morning and approaches me with that endearingly gormless half-smile, known to all bus drivers as the look that says: "I am about to be a right royal pain in the backside".

IF: "Can I re-juice my myki?"
Me: "You can add money to your myki, yes."

IF proceeds to place an assortment of coins of various denominations into the palm of my waiting hand..

Me: "I need your myki card."

IF fumbles through purse for about 2 minutes, finally extracting the object of her prolonged search from some hidden compartment deep within, and hands it to me.

Me: "How much are you topping up?"
IF: "I don't know, just what's there."
Me: "Okay, so you've just handed me a handful of coins, now I have to count it."

So laboriously I count out the value of the 20 or so coins, which includes a good number of 5 cent pieces, the total coming to $3.30.

Me: "There is $3.30 here. Do you want to add $3.30 to your myki?"

(I take no chances at this point.... Perhaps she only wanted to add $3.00, or perhaps $1.50... chances being that if I simply add the total value of the coins she will complain and ask me to cancel the transaction..)

IF: (Again producing gormless half-smile from her endless bag of tricks) "Ah.... Yep!"
Me: "Okay then" (after putting all the coins into their respective little trays in my till)...

So I hold her myki card on the reader and manually punch in the $3.30 on the console, being careful not to punch in $33.00, or $330.00... etc... (the console is a delicate flower and a deft touch and constant attention to detail are required.)

Me: "Do you want the receipt?"
IF takes hold of receipt, but struggles with the decision as to how to get it out of the machine's clutches.
Me: "Just pull it"
IF flashes me a cheeky smile.... (but I digress...)

IF removes receipt, and heads towards the rear of the bus. As instructed I ensure that I have a receipt to staple to my daily journal as proof of the transaction so touch the "receipt" icon on the screen, get my receipt and place it into my till, close till, return myki console to "travel mode", close the doors and take off.

Time lost: Somewhere between 3 and 4 minutes, at a conservative estimate.

(But to be fair to IF, that pesky myki card HAD found a particularly good hiding place inside her wallet.)
scott

Post by scott »

I observed a passenger on the 767 the other day, who point blank refused to scan on her Myki, this lady reminded me of that Mrs Richards character on Fawlty Towers, after some to-ing and fro-ing the driver lets her on, but warns her the inspectors will get her if they got onto the bus, which luckily for her they didn't.
Peter1805

Post by Peter1805 »

scott wrote:I observed a passenger on the 767 the other day, who point blank refused to scan on her Myki, this lady reminded me of that Mrs Richards character on Fawlty Towers, after some to-ing and fro-ing the driver lets her on, but warns her the inspectors will get her if they got onto the bus, which luckily for her they didn't.
The AOs had a bit of a blitz based around Southland last week - I'm told they issued many, many fines.
pakenhamtrain

Post by pakenhamtrain »

I boarded an 804 at Chadstone this afternoon. About 20 people on the bus when it left. No less than half of them within the 15 minutes it was waiting for the departure time asked the driver "Do you go to Oakleigh"
The desto clearly had as one of the via points "VIA OAKLEIGH"
Insert 200 characters as signature
deepthought2006

Post by deepthought2006 »

That's like Sydney evening peak services departing from Wynyard for the Northbridge/Eastern Valley Way corridor from York Street: the 204, 205, 206 and 210. The 204, 205, 206 all stop at Cammeray Shops. It seems that every second passenger of the usual full standing load for each of these services has asked the driver "Do you stop at Cammeray?" It does become tiresome. Do they never learn? Do they not remember what bus they caught the previous day, when no doubt they asked the very same question. Or are they really that dimwitted or insecure? Maybe one of these days I'll make up a hand-held-sign-on-a-stick for 204, 205, 206 services that says simply (for the simpletons, of course) "Yes, Cammeray. This is NOT a 210". I guess that the insecure ones will read the sign and still ask anyway: "Do you stop at Cammeray?. :roll: :x

The services departing from that stand are the only PM express services for that corridor: there is only one bus stand for them and no other buses use that stand. So express services departing from the York Street Stand for the corridor in question (York St, Stand "J" I think it is) all stop at Cammeray Shops, all that is except for the 210. The 210 skips Cammeray and Northbridge entirely and shows Castlecrag Shops on the desto as the first stop. The 204, 205, 206 all stop at Cammeray Shops, first stop after leaving Wynyard. Unfortunately, there is insufficient room in the Wynyard area for there to be a separate stand for the 210. Passengers instead are expected to be able to read the destination signs on the buses as they arrive. Fat chance. :shock: Remember that these are mostly regular, frequent, repetitive commuters, working in the City and from their clothing they appear to be office workers who should be able to read!

The all-stops services 202, 203, 207 and 208 start from a different stand on a different street. Near the all-stops stand is another stand where there are two other services going through Cammeray (and using a different stop in Cammeray) the 263 and 201. Intending passengers for these services seem to be able to cope with this concept.
All opinions expressed are my own.
captainch

Post by captainch »

A youpie gets on bus with mobile phone and $50 note in hand,says nothing,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,i DRIVE OFF onto anzac bdgeshe is still on phone I touch brakes mobile phone falls onto floor smashes every were,,,,,,,,,,,,,,so I get called every swearword plus new ones,,,,,,,,,,sherings bell for next stop rozelle still hasn;t payed fare ive turned bell off its first stop hunters hill shops and i'm out in the3rd lane,shesays bells not working..........TELL HER ITS PROGRAMED TO COME ON AT HUNTERS HILL THE FIRST STOP ON A EXPRESS.more colourfull words, we get to hunters hill shops ,as she gets out the plastic bag with expensivewine splits open so wine bottles break,now she has wine on dress,broken phone, way pass her stop, and ive still not acknowleged her, moral of storey I come back from east ryde who is standing at hunters hill shops guess who as 3 buses pass this stop still no signal driver so past her I GO MAKING SURE shesees who it is! betI made her day andaexpensive oneat that! felt good that night driving home to kurri kurri, next day i'm doing revenue inspectionsat druit street who comes to stop guess who and proceeds to tell mewhata arse hole the driver was last night, i asked was itaexpress bus, did you pay your fare, did you abuse driver all answers were yes along comes bus she hops on pleased with herself for reporting saiddriver, being the arseholeI am board the next bus, which overtakes her bus .get off at white bay board her bus check tickets, guess who is over riding her ticket, yes after giving her a fine ,wisper in her ear not your week is it! :roll: all thingscome to those who wait............................miss this job after 40 years! :lol: :lol: :D I should write a book!
"CAPTAIN.C.H "Lives in the home of "SUGAR CANE' not "chickens" :lol: :lol:.........."INGHAM NTH QLD"
mubd

Post by mubd »

Time to revive this thread, methinks.

This lady gets on a bus with her baby in an A380 megastroller. One of the bays is already occupied. She stands there chatting to her friend as the person at the door in a wheelchair is told by the driver that there are two prams already aboard the bus.

Disgusting.
Eastgardens to Kingsford is a 1-2 section fare.
Off The Rails
Favourite Vehicle: Anything with an engine brake

Post by Off The Rails »

I was on the 244 yesterday (Armadale to Kelmscott) and at least 10 people get on, asking the same question - Do you go via the pools? (yesterday was a warm one) Each time the driver said yes, and then an IF boarded asking the same question and got the same result, but then got off the bus when the answer was replied. She then waits for the next bus to come through (the 243) and apparently asked the same question. That driver said no, go on the 244 to get there (in which time we had pulled out) and then she races after the bus. Safe to say, that IF had a bit of a moment after that.

Cheers! :wink:
Officially the last person to tag off the 381 - 20/5/16.
Second last person to tag off the last timetabled 16 - 23/08/19.
Last person to tag off a Transdev Joondalup service - 19/1/20.
captainch

Post by captainch »

travelling on a new refurb v set this morning,a group of "FERRALS" mega stroller, large bottle of beer in hand plus smoking its 5.45am so we hear how cold the "*^*^*^*^*G ac is............so while turning the air blue with swearing,they proceed to drink and smoke,after about 15mins the group of 6 ppl opposite get up pin their police badges to their jackets they were plain clothes.....................at hawksbury river stn said ppl were escorted to a awaiting mini bus! you had to see the looks on their faces :cry: :oops: :( it was priceless] yes some days it pays to get up.also funny they were telling everybody they were on their way to get their drugs!plus smoking them on the train,it all made my trip so enjoyable!should be more of it! :D
crazyturbo76
Favourite Vehicle: MB OC500LE/Custom 'CB80'

Post by crazyturbo76 »

Saw a classic IP act today as three males ran in front of the Scania K230UB I was on-nearly getting hit in the process-then attempted to board but failed.
crazyturbo76
Favourite Vehicle: MB OC500LE/Custom 'CB80'

Post by crazyturbo76 »

I don't know whether this would be classed as an IP story or not but a few people on this particular bus lost patience after a while.

The A/C unit in Busways #1181 (Volvo B7RLE/VST) played up this arvo on my 758 trip home and started leaking oil into the cabin from the vents. A bit of the oil landed on an older passenger and she went on about how it got onto her as the driver realised what happened, stopped the bus and radioed Glendenning depot for what to do next. Several (male) passengers up the back were complaining, wanting the bus to go on, but as it was illegal to use a low-floor with faulty A/C (as a passenger pointed out), it winded up with the bus needing to go back to depot and another bus (a MAN VST) being sent out to pick us up.
Bovways

Post by Bovways »

crazyturbo76 wrote:The A/C unit in Busways #1181 (Volvo B7RLE/VST) played up this arvo on my 758 trip home and started leaking oil into the cabin from the vents. A bit of the oil landed on an older passenger and she went on about how it got onto her as the driver realised what happened, stopped the bus and radioed Glendenning depot for what to do next. Several (male) passengers up the back were complaining, wanting the bus to go on, but as it was illegal to use a low-floor with faulty A/C (as a passenger pointed out), it winded up with the bus needing to go back to depot and another bus (a MAN VST) being sent out to pick us up.
This shows why it's always wise to order air-conditioned buses with opening, rather then sealed, windows. If the a/c fails, you just pop the windows and the bus can finish the shift.

C :)
mubd

Post by mubd »

Yes, but I would imagine the problem with those is that some people would surely open the windows while the A/C is operating, thus wasting energy.
Eastgardens to Kingsford is a 1-2 section fare.

Return to “The Lunch Room”