water tanks

Discussions regarding bus to motorhome conversions are welcome here.
jasonjason
Favourite Vehicle: Austral Tourmaster

water tanks

Post by jasonjason »

I've been looking for grey, black, and fresh water tanks to put in my bus but im having a hard time finding any. Does anyone have any ideas?

Jason
ax8

Re: water tanks

Post by ax8 »

Plastic would be the best material for tanks, stainless tends to crack and leak after a while or you could make your own with ply/fibreglass, a bit of work but they will be heavy.

Depending on what size your after for each, I would check out the domestic water tank suppliers as they have lots of different sized tanks.

Best bet would be made to measure tanks, more expensive but will fit where you want them to go.

You could try the Modtanks 80lt and they stack together to form bigger tanks. www.modtank.com.au

I have seen people use 200lt plastic drums for grey and black, cheap way to go.

I went for 6 x 86lt plastic tanks for fresh with 1 x 86lt drinking water as these tanks fit perfectly between chassis rails and floor on my bus, 120lt black custom made ply/fibreglass which I made myself and a second black which is a stainless lpg tank around 80ltrs. Grey tank I'm still working on.
Awesome
Favourite Vehicle: Mercedes 0305 mkll

Post by Awesome »

I have used 2x 200l plasic tanks from a plastics plus mob for normal fresh water & then 3x 60l standard caravan tanks for drinking - put through a separate filter system.

For black & grey, again 3 standard 60l caravan tanks 2 grey & 1 black, with 1 grey water (from the shower only) feeding the flush on the marine toilet. Saves a bit of fresh water while off grid.

Unfortunately I am restricted for space with no lockers, so I had to squeeze them in where I could & make up the support brackets underneath.

By the way, all tanks have the ability to be isolated from each other in case I get a leak, so I won't lose the lot.

Hope this helps.
Weird... is just a side effect of being AWESOME
jasonjason
Favourite Vehicle: Austral Tourmaster

Post by jasonjason »

Good info guys, thanks.

I have gone with 2 200lt plastic drums, 1 for grey and 1 for black. Just gottq qsort my fresh water now. Think i might just use another 200lt drum.
blackdog

Post by blackdog »

Jason, if you are serious about your water quality, you are better working out exatly where your potable water is going and what size. Go to a plastic welding mob and get them to make one. Can be a little exe but well woth it in the long run. Don't forget to get them to put a removable bung in the bottem and make it ont of 12mm poly.
Have tryed ally, fiberglass and have had issues with both. Payed the money and got one custom made and have had no problems. We are full time in motor home, 2 people two showers a day each with 1000l and are good for 10 days. After that you need to get supplies anyway.
Good luck
Steve

Return to “Bus to motorhome discussions”