Board Attachment Quota has been reached.....WTF?

News and comments about this board.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Re: Board Attachment Quota has been reached.....WTF?

Post by Fleet Lists »

I have since found another 18 phantoms which I have deleted.

And I was starting to get a bit worried as to whether the attachments could be added as none had been added for nearly 24 hours but someone just posted 7 of them so it is working.
Living in the Shire.
Mr OC Benz
Favourite Vehicle: Anything German

Post by Mr OC Benz »

Yeah I think that was me around that time...
Craig

Post by Craig »

Many thanks Fleet Lists trying to get to the bottom of this intriguing problem with the photo attachments.

Although I rarely make use of the feature (normally posting my photos elsewhere), its much appreciated especially given the number of users who make use of this feature to host their photos.

Kind Regards

Craig :)
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

Since my previous report I have deleted another 190 phantom attachments and with 114 new ones having been added during that time we are now down to 10912 as opposed to 10988 last week. Storage used is still 1.31gb.

After this I will stop trying to find any more and leave it to the monthly deletions to start from early June, to delete any other phantom ones which may still be there..
Living in the Shire.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

While I said I would not b trying to find any more phantom attachments, I have found another 179 since my previous report. Hopefully we shoudl be getting towards the end of them.

Storage currently used is 1.43gb out of 3gb by about 11, 750 attachments so plenty of room.
Living in the Shire.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

I have noe deleted the May 2009 attachments.
Prior to that we had 12080 attachments and after the deletions we had either 11396 or 11384 and after synchrnosising the files both showed 11384 so there must have been another 12 phantom photos included in the deletions.

Storage now being used is 1.36gb.

Next lot will be deleted at the end of June.
Living in the Shire.
Bedford-29

Post by Bedford-29 »

It really sounds like you are having fun fleet-lists you will be deleting attachments in your sleep the way you going. :D
Previoulsy known as United Diesel 15
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

I have noe deleted the June 2009 attachments.
Prior to that we had 12588 attachments and after the deletions we had either 11963 or 11957 and after synchrnonising the files both showed 11957 so there must have been another 6 phantom photos included in the deletions.

Storage now being used is 1.51gb out of the 3GB available.

We certainly added more attachments in June this year that were deleted from June 2009 but of course many of those had been deleted at earlier times.

Next lot will be deleted at the end of July.
Living in the Shire.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

As I had a few spare minutes I have started to delete the July 2009 attachments having done them up to about 13th July.

After that we had either 12750 or 12755 attachments but after resynchronising the files we had 12750 so there must have been another 5 phantom ones amongst the deletions.

I will delete the rest of July 2009 next weekend.

Now using 1.61 gb.

So still plenty of space.
Living in the Shire.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

Just an update on this.

Currently we are using 2.42gb of the 3gb allocated.

Since the previous post I have occasionally deleted some older attachments to the point that all attachments before 2nd November 2009 are now gone.

I have recently developed an excel sheets which monitors the situation and it suggests that if we do not delete any older attachments we will fill up by 19th November 2012.

This makes it appear that we have space for just over 3 years but we need to keep in mind that we lost all attachments from 26th March 2010 to 6th November 2010 which reduces the time to about 2 years and 4 months. But this may reduce further as in recent months we have had over 1000 a months as against lower numbers in the months just after November 2010.

My spread sheets suggests that we have room for just over 24000 attachments at the current average size of 123.3kb for attachments and the daily average is just over 27 attachments per day.

However there are some unusual days such as yesterday when there were 127 attachments but they only averaged about 30KB which brought the average size down from 124.3kb for attachments.

Now that I have started that spread sheet I will continue to gather those statistic and will not delete older attachments until the spread sheets advises we are within 7 days of filling up.

Where attachments are used in the photo gallery I generally replace the attachment with a link to the photo gallery six months after the photo was posted on the board - this also has some effect on the earlier months now having less attachments.
Living in the Shire.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

June has seen a large influx of attachments - in 5 days so far and the 5th is not quite finished, we have seen 445 attachments added which is nearly half the normal monthly amount of about 1000.

Many are small- about 20 to 30 K as opposed to the average of about 123K, hence the size impact has not been as large as if there had been more large ones. However the anticipated date of filling has come down from 19th November to 13th November 2012 as a result of this,

It will be interesting to see how the rest of June goes.
Living in the Shire.
Off The Rails
Favourite Vehicle: Anything with an engine brake

Post by Off The Rails »

And if I may ask, what will happen if the board is full? Would ATDB be on another page, or can you delete older post for us to continue our spotting?

Cheers!
Officially the last person to tag off the 381 - 20/5/16.
Second last person to tag off the last timetabled 16 - 23/08/19.
Last person to tag off a Transdev Joondalup service - 19/1/20.
Daniel
Administrator
Favourite Vehicle: Mercedes-Benz O405 / CC '510'

Post by Daniel »

It is the attachments that are the issue, not really the amount of posting.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

That is correct and the oldest attachments will be deleted as we get close to running out of space for them.
Living in the Shire.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

Things have certainly slowed down in the past week or so as far as attachments are concerned.
Currently based on overall history of current attachments, the attachments should fill up by the 8th November.

I am now also doing the calculations based on activity during the last 30 days and that predicts filling up by 28th September 2012. This figure tends to fluctuate a bit more eg if the deleted day was a big one and the replacement day a small one or vice versa, this will influence the results quite a bit.

Hopefully these two figures will come closer together as we get closer to filling up.
Living in the Shire.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

What a difference a month makes.
I have made some modifications to my prediction algorithm where I now use the megabyte figure provided by the board instead of the gigabyte one, which gives more accurate results.

In June we had 1456 attachments added and 148 deleted for various reasons such as moved to the photo gallery at least 6 months ago or posts deleted, etc. This gave a net average daily increase of 43.60 attachments.

Any added after 7pm tonight will be included in next month as we did last month

In July the corresponding figures are 658 additions, 87 deletions, giving a net daily increase of 18.42 attachments.

When I started this in May the estimate was that we would fill up by 18th November 2012. Towards the end of June that had come down to the 4th November but with the low figure in July it has gone back up to 22nd November.

At this rate the 3 gigabye we have allocated should well and truely enough to hold 2 years attachments as we have intimated we would hold.

The daily average of attachments has fluctuated during the time I have been doing this monitoring between 27.1513 and 27.9195 and currently is 27.4323.

And during the month we did change the definition of 3000 megabytes to 3072 megabytes to truely represent 3 gigabytes. If we did not do it we would have filled up about 21 days earlier than in our predictions.
Living in the Shire.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

August has been a most peculiar month with very few attachments early in the month with only 143 for the first
week which together with the fact there were 55 deletions during that period gave a net daily increase of 12.57
attachments. Then of course we had the down period after which we were down to net daily increase of 6.85.

Then another quiet week in which it only increased to 8.53. Then a big lot with last Saturday seeing
141 attachments with daily increase for the month going up to 27.21 and then it dropped off again with the 31st seeing only
16 attachment up to the time I am writing this, leaving the net daily increase at 26.23.
This now gives an estimated fill up date 25th November compared with 23rd November at the end of July.
Living in the Shire.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

September has again been a very quiet month as far as attachments are concerned.
Only 582 were added during the month and 94 deleted giving a net daily increase of 16.27 which is well below average.

Such deletions do not include attachments deleted by members themselves. I can not monitor that but one morning I did notice that we had 20 less than we had the night before so someone must have deleted some. Such deletions decrease the figure for the number added.

The average size of attachments has gone up a little bit for two reasons.
1 Some attachments have been added up to the new maximum width of 1000 but this odes not appear to have been very significant.
2. The main reason has been the fact that a large majority of the new attachments are above the average of about 130K while there have been very few below the average, Unlike the previous three months there have virtually been none below 110K.

Hence the new expected fill up date has not increased very much with latest date expected is 27th November this year as opposed to the 25th November at the end of last month.

So if we start deleting when we get within 7 days of that date, we will most likely be starting to delete before the end of November
Living in the Shire.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

October has again been quiet as far as attachments are concerned but not as quiet as September with 786 new attachments, 88 deletions giving a net daily increase of 22.52. In additions I did delete the oldest 75 attachments a couple of weeks ago just to test my calculations which turned out OK.

As a result of this the estimated date of filling up is now in early December so we should be starting to delete on a regular basis by the end of next month, November.
Living in the Shire.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

While I am still keeping those statistics in November it has become apparent that it would be much simpler if we started to delete the oldest attachments on file once we reached a certain size and I decided that once we reached 2.96gb out of the 3gb allocated, it would become time to start to delete.

And that has happened a few times in the past week- which was also a very busy one for new attachments - and hence the oldest 300 attachments have been deleted one hundred at a time on three different days.

The oldest attachment now on file is dated 22/11/2009 just over three years old. But keep in mind that we do not hold any attachments for the period from 26 March 2010 to 6 November 2010 so we do not have a full three years attachments but we do have them for 873 days which would be the equivalent of just over 2 years and 4 months.
Living in the Shire.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

This has been the first month during which we have regularly deleted older attachments.

During the month 833 attachments were added, 100 were deleted as they had been posted more than 6 months ago and have been included in the photo gallery and another 1000 were deleted to make room for new ones.
As can be seen more have been deleted than added - two reasons – average size is getting bigger after the increase of the photo size to 1000 pixels. During the past week the average size has for the first time gone over 133K.

The second reason is that during these older deletions we have found at least another 30 what I call phantom attachments which are still counted but do not exist hence causing the average size to be deflated before they were deleted. These phantoms seem to have been caused when we lost attachments in November 2010 where some were lost but NOT removed from the statistics for some reason.
The number of days covered has also decreased considerably – 874 at the beginning of the month – now down to 822. I believe this is a one off as many of the days for which we have been deleting them, only had very few still existing with many lost in the November 2010 crash and also deleted from the statistics.

During December attachments were deleted for the period from 28/11/2009 to 18/2/2010 ie about 80 days during a 31 day period – hence the reduced number of days covered. As there is only just over one month to go to 26th March 2010 after which we lost all attachments until 26th November 2010, the impact should be less next month after which it should no longer exist. I would expect it to be down to about 20 days next month – we will wait and see how good that prediction is. Note the period from March to November 2010 is NOT included in the number of days covered.

The average daily number of attachments has as a result gone up to over 28 for the first time since I started taking these statistics.
Living in the Shire.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

A mid month update as there have been some significant changes.

First on the bad side, my forecast of a reduction of 20 days coverage during January was soon shot to bits as I found that the attachments recorded in early November 2010 did not really exist and hence we quickly lost 17 more days.

Then on the good side, in conjunction with the new server we managed to double the size permitted for attachments from 3 gig to 6 gig. As a result we should not have to delete any more attachments until about April 2015 - a coverage of about 4 years and 4 or 5 months from November 2010. I did delete the last 100 or so March 2010 attachments so that we can now start with a clean slate as from 26th November 2010.
Living in the Shire.
Aurora
Favourite Vehicle: C set

Post by Aurora »

Well I guess at least we're clear for a few years before any more deleting has to be done which is good.
An asset of NSW. All opinions/comments are strictly my own.
M 5885.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

Another end of month report.

January has been a very big month for attachments - which is good to see.

There were 1368 new attachments - the first time for quite some time there have been over 1000 in a month.

As a result the daily average has gone up from 28.16 to 29.92 and the average size still keeps going up - increasing from 133.45 to 133.88 after going just over the 134 mark a couple of days ago but since then dropping back a little bit.

When on the 13th we went to 6gig calculations predicted we would fill up by 15/4/2015 but with the size and daily average increasing the predicted date is now down to 12/3/2015 and will probably keep going down although I would say not at the same rate.
Living in the Shire.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

Another months has gone by - how hard it is to predict what is going to happen with attachments
As opposed to the 1360 attachments last months , there were only 716 this month at least up to 6.30pm today.

On the other hand with deletions for moves to photo gallery 6 months previous, there were only 46 last month as opposed to 169 this month so we had we had a net increase last month of 1326 against only 547 this month.

As a result the daily average dropped back down to 29.58. The average size has still gone up a bit more 134.36KB with the largest increase encountered today which was also one of the biggest as far as numbers go with 46 attachments.

But with the average number going down, the estimated date for filling up, instead of coming down even more, has gone back up to 24/3/2015.

So no more predictions.
Living in the Shire.

Return to “News & Administration”