Registration cost & process

Discussions regarding bus to motorhome conversions are welcome here.
isalotdenning

Registration cost & process

Post by isalotdenning »

Can anyone give me information regarding Victorian registration for my 12m Denning and 4.5 tonne gvm trailer, cost and process etc.
Does the national heavy vehicle scheme include motorhomes/caravans/fifth wheelers.
I would prefer to register the motorhome in Victoria due to the cost compared to QLD and not having to put it over the pits as in QLD every 12 months, the issue is not being worried about roadworthiness every 12 months but having to be back in QLD for this every 12 months when on the road.
The Motorhome was registered in Victoria by the previous owner for the same reasons as above as a Denning Caravan, I was told registration in Vic was approximately $580 per year for bus compared to $1,300.00 for QLD, I am currently living in QLD but may be relocating to Victoria in the future.
Any feedback would be appreciated.
Doug
boronia
Favourite Vehicle: Ahrens Fox; GMC PD4107

Re: Registration cost & process

Post by boronia »

You would probably need a valid residential address in Victoria if you wanted to do that.
Preserving fire service history
@ The Museum of Fire.
Romen2

Post by Romen2 »

Bit of a cold response I am thinking, we are currently living in our motor home which has been built and is currently registered in NSW. We are heading to WA for work and ease of rego. Once inspected we do not have to be there each year to renew. I know it is less than half the cost per year and makes perfect sense if you are traveling full time.
DOING IT OUR WAY!
isalotdenning

Post by isalotdenning »

Thanks Roman2,
Yeah have thought of WA also, when the time comes I will see where the old Denning takes me, will research WA a bit more.
Regards,
Doug
Aussiebus

Post by Aussiebus »

Victorian club permit may be the go, 45 or 90 days on road , and seeing the rules have changed in regard to full use ,this could be your option. $ 136 ( plates included )
You will need a valid vic address and current RWC from a HV assessor.

Cheers

Les Yarloop WA

Return to “Bus to motorhome discussions”