[VIC] Ventura Special Liveries (Part 2)

This section contains posts made before the split into state-based forums for photos etc. New posts should be made to the appropriate state forum or the "General/Miscellaneous/Various" forum.
Forum rules
  • A topic icon must be used with the thread title of all threads.
  • No more than 10 photos per post with a maximum of 50 in any one page in a thread.
  • Maximum photo width 1000 pixels.
  • For full photo rules and how to attach photos see viewtopic.php?f=10&t=28459
  • Thank you :)
venturatiger

[VIC] Ventura Special Liveries (Part 2)

Post by venturatiger »

HI there, here is the final part of this series.
Hope you enjoy , comments welcome
Regards Venturatiger

(103) RFS377 is a Custom Coaches "CB60" Scania L94 which is the 3rd. Ethanol powered bus , delivered a year later than the 1st two & wears this livery
http://www.busaustralia.com/gallery/dis ... pos=-13834

(119) OQK119 is a Volgren Scania L113 and was one of the !st Euro 2's and wears this clean image livery. ( This bus is referred to as Flipper by the drivers)
http://www.busaustralia.com/gallery/dis ... pos=-13835

(155) 5850AO Custom Coaches CB60 Max Scania L94 in a modified livery for the Tram Shuttle from Vermont South to Knox City
http://www.busaustralia.com/gallery/dis ... pos=-13842

(558) 5942AO is a Designline MAN seen here in the livery for the Melbourne Tourist Shuttle, this bus is now in standard livery with the loss of the run
http://www.busaustralia.com/gallery/dis ... pos=-13843
Last edited by venturatiger on Wed Sep 26, 2007 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
scott

Post by scott »

venturatiger, 119 (now 816) is an L113CRL, not a L94UB, perhaps just a little bit too old to be an L94.
venturatiger

Post by venturatiger »

Hi Scott , brain fade this morning have fixed that thanks

Regards Venturatiger
Member1100

Post by Member1100 »

The Ethanol bus pictured in the first photo, as VenturaTiger mentioned, was delivered a year later than the other 2. And it drives a hell of a lot better too. In my Ventura days, if I was forced to drive an Ethanol powered bus for the day, this was the one I preferred, purely because it went when it was supposed to and had a nice feel about it.
scott

Post by scott »

Eratik wrote:The Ethanol bus pictured in the first photo, as VenturaTiger mentioned, was delivered a year later than the other 2. And it drives a hell of a lot better too. In my Ventura days, if I was forced to drive an Ethanol powered bus for the day, this was the one I preferred, purely because it went when it was supposed to and had a nice feel about it.
Perhaps the shortcomings in the earlier two ethanols were fixed by the time this one came along, Scania must of worked with Ventura to come up with some fixes and these were incorporated into the later bus, but I think the earlier two have had some tinkering along the way.
Busman444

Re: [VIC] Ventura Special Liveries (Part 2)

Post by Busman444 »

why does 851 (103) not show up as being Ethanol powered on the fleet lists?

Cheers!
Adelaide, home to the best buses in Australia!!!
Mitch
Favourite Vehicle: VH-VUB

Post by Mitch »

Flipper was quite possibly the cutest bus out. But it's been stripped of it's cuteness and returned to the Ventura livery, right?

Thanks,
Mitchul [;
Artzy
Favourite Vehicle: MAN SL200/Ansair MK II

Post by Artzy »

According to Comeng301M's flickr it 119 (816 now) is in a boring livery. See the picture here. Image
Ventura #816 by Michael "Comeng301M" Coley, on Flickr

Return to “Australian Photos, Videos, Sound Clips etc - ARCHIVE”