Working for Ventura

Information about employment in the Transport Industry, job advertisements etc.
Please use the relevant State icon when posting.

Moderators: Ken, MAN 16.242

Peter1805

Re: Working for Ventura

Post by Peter1805 »

Paddycon wrote:Ive done the medical too, it went well and I met a couple of other guys that were in doing it at the same time they were sound chaps and really looking forward to moving to Melbourne.
When we were there we were talking about visa's and trying to figure out how long it takes to get the Visa sorted out? I heard between 3 and 6 months but from looking on-line ive read up to 18 months :shock:. If it does take so long would we be brought out on a working holiday Visa initially while the 457 paper work is done?

Also any ideas how long it'll take to get word of the next stage after the Medical?
If you get past the medical you'd be pretty close to being formally given the nod.

These questions being raised on here about visa conditions, living costs, etc are really questions you should be able to ask the company, as under the process they are actually formally sponsoring you to come to Australia.

Here is some information about 457 Visas which may be of assistance:

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/skilled-workers/sbs/
GuzziHero
Favourite Vehicle: Currently: Scania L113

Post by GuzziHero »

Okay, as said in my other threads, I am a Brit, not Irish... but I am interested in trying to see if they would take me on.

I am a single guy, no wife, no kids so I would be a mug not to at least ask.

Does anyone have any contact details I could have to start my enquiries? I'd be really grateful if someone could help me out.

---
On another note, I hear that the visa rules have just changed so that if you have 2 years working for a sponsor on a 457, you can now be fast-tracked onto a permanent residency visa providing that the company is willing to employ you permanently. Of course you could leave once your PR was cleared.
Bus driver with First UK Bus - no.DD6790 (former Paramount Travel no.7159), been driving since 1996 and still loving it!
Peter1805

Post by Peter1805 »

Contact details for enquiries re employment with Ventura:

http://www.venturabus.com.au/careers_at ... _bus.shtml

I would say send an email to start the process.
GuzziHero
Favourite Vehicle: Currently: Scania L113

Post by GuzziHero »

Thanks for that :)

I emailed them and they replied very quickly... that the recruitment round ended on April 6th, but they would keep my resume on file.

I am going to start polling companies in QLD (my preferred destination) to see if I can get one to sponsor me there, and keep up contact with Ventura maybe every 6 months.
Bus driver with First UK Bus - no.DD6790 (former Paramount Travel no.7159), been driving since 1996 and still loving it!
mocara13

Post by mocara13 »

Did anyone get any word yet. This waiting game is killing me.
aido31

Post by aido31 »

mocara13 wrote:Did anyone get any word yet. This waiting game is killing me.
Got word this morning didn't get the job gutted, thought it was going to be just a formality after doing the medical, ah well hopefully some other Bus companys from over there will try here in the future, best of luck to the rest of you hope it works out for you
mocara13

Post by mocara13 »

Just got a email myself to say I was not successful. Very disappointed to say the least. Like aido thought it was a matter of formality after doing the medical.Anyone any ideas to why they were not successful. Or has any one got word off a job offer.
Paddycon

Post by Paddycon »

Agh so sorry to hear the bad news guys, makes me feel bad to say that i am one of the lucky ones that got a positive reply today. Ive had my details passed to the migration officer to get the Visa application started, needless to say I'm over the moon and cant wait to get on with the rest of the process, hopefully it'll all go smoothly and swiftly.
n3il

Post by n3il »

I got word today that I was successful. Just have to sign the contract and it gets forwarded to the migration agent. once the visa is granted you have to go within eight weeks and pay for your own flight
krustyklo

Post by krustyklo »

Sorry to hear that some of you were unsuccessful. Possibly worth considering that there may have been a lot of applications and that being a first round of offering jobs in Ireland they had a lot to choose from.

We're still short of drivers over here in Australia so if Ventura see this as successful there may well be more rounds or other companies following their lead. In the past other bus companies have done the same thing in the Philippines and other countries, so Ireland may well be next for some of the other large companies here in Melbourne.

Keep your hopes up guys and good luck for the future!
jibb

Post by jibb »

Transfield Services also known as Light-City Buses in Adelaide are still advertising for bus drivers in Adelaide.They have been short since they took over their contract areas last October.
aido31

Post by aido31 »

krustyklo wrote:Sorry to hear that some of you were unsuccessful. Possibly worth considering that there may have been a lot of applications and that being a first round of offering jobs in Ireland they had a lot to choose from.

We're still short of drivers over here in Australia so if Ventura see this as successful there may well be more rounds or other companies following their lead. In the past other bus companies have done the same thing in the Philippines and other countries, so Ireland may well be next for some of the other large companies here in Melbourne.

Keep your hopes up guys and good luck for the future!
Thanks Krustyklo, let's hope so
aido31

Post by aido31 »

jibb wrote:Transfield Services also known as Light-City Buses in Adelaide are still advertising for bus drivers in Adelaide.They have been short since they took over their contract areas last October.
Thanks jibb, tried contacting them but could'nt, do you know if they would be willing to take drivers on a 457 visa
JP1975

Post by JP1975 »

I've just come across this thread, I have been offered one of the positions with Ventura, and was just wondering if anyone else is thinking about shipping over belongings to Melbourne, I'm going with my girlfriend and our two kids, and we have some stuff we would like to take but not a huge amount was wondering if anyone else would want to share a container - when are people thinking of moving? Anyone else from Dublin going?
thepalemoon

Post by thepalemoon »

Have just got word back this morning have being offered a job.Am going to based in the Oakleigh depot so if anyone can help as to locations to be looking for some where to live that would be great.
Anonidriver

Post by Anonidriver »

thepalemoon wrote:Have just got word back this morning have being offered a job.Am going to based in the Oakleigh depot so if anyone can help as to locations to be looking for some where to live that would be great.
G'day, mate and congratulations on being accepted :)

www.realestate.com.au check the website out, put in oakleigh and they'll give you surrounding suburbs too.

Ashwood is a good balance of value, suburb quality and has quite a few schools around as well.
All views expressed are strictly my own and do not represent my employer or anyone else.
All views expressed are strictly to never be listened to.
All views expressed are strictly nonsense.
thepalemoon

Post by thepalemoon »

just wondering if any guys have got the visas through yet and when your hoping to start and any other guys going to be based in the oakleigh depot
JP1975

Post by JP1975 »

I got an email yesterday saying the visas have been approved, I'm going to be based in Oakleigh too, thinking of going towards the end of next month ... how about yourself?
thepalemoon

Post by thepalemoon »

i have not got any word back yet i am hoping if time allows it to go the first week in november
JP1975

Post by JP1975 »

if they've submitted the visa it should come through quite quickly we got ours through in a week although they said usual time is 6 - 8 weeks
thepalemoon

Post by thepalemoon »

have got my visa through so am going to heading over in november
Peter1805

Post by Peter1805 »

I was a random passenger on a 903 service the other day, being driven by one of the new Irish drivers.. (I am a driver at Oakleigh - used to do 903, now do multi-routes).

Was an interesting experience after following your stories on here.

Not sure which one of you it was driving (except that it wasn't Jimmy because I have met him) but whichever one it was, you're a good driver. :)
Alstom 888M

Post by Alstom 888M »

I've got a driving test with Ventura in Doncaster next week, what can I expect? And if I pass that, what's the next stage of selection?
All my posts on this board represents my personal views and opinions only. They may not necessarily reflect the views, opinions, or values of those of my family, friends, colleagues, or employer.
mocara13

Post by mocara13 »

Any off you Irish guys out there that was lucky enough to get a post in Venture like to tell us how you our getting on?
Peter1805

Post by Peter1805 »

mocara13 wrote:Any off you Irish guys out there that was lucky enough to get a post in Venture like to tell us how you our getting on?
The silence of the response to your question is somewhat deafening.

Return to “Employment in the Transport Industry”