Favourite Suburbs!

Somewhere to discuss things that don't fit into other categories.

Moderator: busrider

Happy Bus User

Favourite Suburbs!

Post by Happy Bus User »

Brisbane:

West End
Highgate Hill
New Farm
CBD
Coorparoo
Wynnum
Caloundra
South Bank
Toowong
St Lucia
eddy

Re: Favourite Suburbs!

Post by eddy »

Just moved to Bomaderry and even though it only has broadband on 4G the design of the new part is great in my opinion due to the abundance of land.
There are no cars on the wide streets because everyone has off street parking and there is no need for footpaths with these wide streets and 50kph people just walk on the correct side of the road facing the traffic.
The main bus route is along the widest street, rather than MT Warrigal, and all bus stops are easily within walking distance of the oldest person.
There is a very well run IGA open 7am to 7pm 7days with friendly staff, mainly kids, and all the neighbours are friendly also.
Parrahub, an extra option in the public transport menu http://www.parrahub.org.au/
Rclasstramcar
Favourite Vehicle: 1955 Morris Minor-1961 Hillman

Favourite Suburbs!

Post by Rclasstramcar »

Stanmore :D, NSW. My home suburb. Six rail lines out front :D.

Cheers,
Ben
Return Sydney's trams
Vote Morrison and his Government out this election.
JAN 26-INVASION DAY
V761
Favourite Vehicle: Dennings with Pussies in them.

Post by V761 »

Happy Bus User wrote:Brisbane:

West End
Highgate Hill
New Farm
CBD
Coorparoo
Wynnum
Caloundra
South Bank
Toowong
St Lucia
CBD :lol: most unsafe place in Brisbane!
V761 - The first BT scania I caught.

Down with ' !'

OHMAIGAWDZ00R!!1!11! A T BUS WOZ ON TEH 598!!11!11!!1!!!!1!!11
jarf
Favourite Vehicle: Scania L94UA/Volgren CR228L

Post by jarf »

In no particular order, in Melbourne:

St Albans :wink:, CBD, Footscray, Box Hill, Caulfield East, South Yarra, Prahran, Williamstown, Glen Waverley, Coburg, Brunswick, South Melbourne, North Melbourne, Moonee Ponds, Carlton

That'll do, otherwise I'll be going on for ages. :lol:
Random Gunzel Insanity - http://jarfness.blogspot.com/
Happy Bus User

Post by Happy Bus User »

Nah I quite like the CBD. Fortitude Valley on the other hand... :shock:
Two-Way
Favourite Vehicle: Simoco SRM-9000

Post by Two-Way »

Scarborough, Bellmere, Everton Park/Hills, Mitchelton, McDowall, Bridgeman Downs.
Would you have a look at that K-Whopper hallin' that Wriggle Wagon hes got it to the floor and looking for more!
Posts here are my opinions and thoughts only.
RailwayBus
Favourite Vehicle: Train or tram.

Post by RailwayBus »

jarf wrote:In no particular order, in Melbourne:

St Albans :wink:, CBD, Footscray, Box Hill, Caulfield East, South Yarra, Prahran, Williamstown, Glen Waverley, Coburg, Brunswick, South Melbourne, North Melbourne, Moonee Ponds, Carlton

There's a Caulfield East now??
All views expressed are strictly my own and do not represent my employer or anyone else.
BestFriendHasLeprosy
Favourite Vehicle: LCBS Bustech

Post by BestFriendHasLeprosy »

Rochedale South, Logan Central, New Farm, Brisbane, Bowen Hills, Spring Hill, Eight Mile Plains, Stones Corner
Apollo

Post by Apollo »

RailwayBus wrote:
jarf wrote:In no particular order, in Melbourne:

There's a Caulfield East now??
Caulfield East is a pretty small section involving the Caulfield Racecourse, Caulfield Station, Monash Uni & a few various streets around the train line off Queens Ave & Neerim Road.
08 XDi

Post by 08 XDi »

Gold Coast:

Burleigh Heads
Main Beach
Broadbeach
Robina Waters
Coolangatta (during the day)
Elvis has left the building!
nbus
Favourite Vehicle: Volvo B7RLE [Volgren]

Post by nbus »

Howard
Pacific Haven
South Stradbroke
Stretton
Daz
Favourite Vehicle: 4964F Heritage

Post by Daz »

Annangrove, Rouse Hill, Dural, Wilberforce, Kurrajong, Kurmond, Wisemans Ferry, Vineyard.

Daz
Did you hear the scarecrow got an award? He was out standing in his field.
V981
Favourite Vehicle: Anything Volvo

Post by V981 »

Noble Park. Yes...Im being serious.

Despite being a much maligned suburb over the years, largely due to a couple of unfortunate and high profile events, after 5 years of living here now, I can honestly say that Noble Park has alot of good things about it. We have a lovely great big park area that forms the centrepoint of the suburb, a brand new state of the art Swimming complex (which still houses Victorias biggest waterslide), a vast array of food outlets in restaraunts ranging from thai to indian, african to afghan, pizzas to pies, there is alot to like about Noble Park. Most of all, its just a rather peaceful and non eventful suburb, with a strong multicultural vibe and friendly neighbourhood feel to it.
The views expressed by me are mine and mine only. They do not neccesarily fall in line with the views of my friends, family, collegues or my employer.
BroadGauge
Favourite Vehicle: Car

Post by BroadGauge »

V981 wrote:Noble Park
That has to be as much of a joke as the last sentence in your signature is, right?

And why does your profile say you live in Dandenong? Are you embarrassed about living in Noble Park?
V981

Post by V981 »

Yes...Im being serious.
BroadGauge wrote:
V981 wrote:Noble Park
That has to be as much of a joke as the last sentence in your signature is, right?

And why does your profile say you live in Dandenong? Are you embarrassed about living in Noble Park?
1. The quote I have provided above, surely should be enough to show that I wasnt joking, .

2. Why would I be embarrassed, when Ive just posted a whole statement about why I like living in Noble Park? :roll:
The views expressed by me are mine and mine only. They do not neccesarily fall in line with the views of my friends, family, collegues or my employer.
scott

Post by scott »

Wantirna South

It is a good suburb that is close and accessible to everything, with links to public transport that can take you almost anywhere. Knox City(an easy walk from my place) is a great shopping centre- Knox O Zone can be a feral playground but there is everything you could wish for, some decent places to eat, some great chinese restaurants and a good 24 hour medical centre which has helped me and my family on more than one occasion. Great to get around if you don't have a car, that is why I did not rush to get my driver's licence just because I was 18. There are people that whinge, moan and groan about the lack of good public transport in the Knox/Wantirna area but it is all rubbish. I have lived in the area for 27 of my nearly 30 years and I do not want to leave it. I know people who moved to Rowville from Wantirna South and they came back.

Also I like Box Hill, where I usually work as it has a great multicultural vibe and is a bustling place, but Box Hill Central is a bit of a hole, would rather shop at Knox after work.
V981

Post by V981 »

Scott, are you being serious? LOL :lol:
scott

Post by scott »

Well there are good points and bad points but on the whole Wantirna South and environs is a good place to live.
V981

Post by V981 »

scott wrote:Well there are good points and bad points but on the whole Wantirna South and environs is a good place to live.
Yeah thats cool. I was just taking the mickey out of another posters utterly rediculous comments in this thread. Sorry. :oops:
ben73

Post by ben73 »

No one said Australia, so I vote Santa Monica in Los Angeles.

Sun, beach, shopping, restaurants it's all good. Recently drove a convertible mustang around there with the girlfriend. Good times.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 200 character limit
captainch
Favourite Vehicle: was 3533 m/o 687

Post by captainch »

my favourite suburb is south pasadena california, its in a time wrap of the 50s, one of the origanal maccs is there still with girls and rollerskates come to your car,only 20 mins from hollywood.half a hour from disneyland and 15 mins from downtown los angles on americas original freeway and route 66 I to drove a mustang converable, spent 6 weeks there,also visited the railroad museums and tramway museum, theres so much to see, done it every yera since 88
  • handy to have a sister who lives there! :lol: [/
"CAPTAIN.C.H "Lives in the home of "SUGAR CANE' not "chickens" :lol: :lol:.........."INGHAM NTH QLD"
Brendan03
Favourite Vehicle: Not an S set.

Post by Brendan03 »

New Farm in Brisbane is quite nice - I love James Street.
I just wish we could all get along like we used to in Middle School, I wish that I could bake a cake made of rainbows and smiles and we'd all eat it and be happy.
captainch
Favourite Vehicle: was 3533 m/o 687

Post by captainch »

I loved when i drove trams went back30 years latter to many high rise the park still looks nice! 8)
"CAPTAIN.C.H "Lives in the home of "SUGAR CANE' not "chickens" :lol: :lol:.........."INGHAM NTH QLD"
snoopy77

Post by snoopy77 »

Adelaide:

Norwood
Burnside
Hazelwood Park
Unley
Hyde Park
and virtually anything classy in the inner city

Return to “The Lunch Room”