Trams in paddocks

This section contains posts made before the split into state-based forums for photos etc. New posts should be made to the appropriate state forum or the "General/Miscellaneous/Various" forum.
Forum rules
  • A topic icon must be used with the thread title of all threads.
  • No more than 10 photos per post with a maximum of 50 in any one page in a thread.
  • Maximum photo width 1000 pixels.
  • For full photo rules and how to attach photos see viewtopic.php?f=10&t=28459
  • Thank you :)
Rclasstramcar
Favourite Vehicle: 1955 Morris Minor-1961 Hillman

Trams in paddocks

Post by Rclasstramcar »

Rail Bus wrote:A report I was reading last night says that atleast 4 of the 5 trams in the old depot at Rozelle are still there.
AFAIK there's 6 cars.

Ben
Return Sydney's trams
Vote Morrison and his Government out this election.
JAN 26-INVASION DAY
Rail Bus
Favourite Vehicle: Tigers, Mk2 Mercs, and trams

Re: Trams in paddocks

Post by Rail Bus »

Ben, there were never more than 5. I don't the numbers off the top of my head, but I do know that there were only ever 5, with one having been made into some form of cafe before it was transferred to Rozelle.
New website up and running, showing mostly trains and some trams.
See: http://www.flickr.com/photos/w6-983/
Rclasstramcar

Trams in paddocks

Post by Rclasstramcar »

Rail Bus wrote:Ben, there were never more than 5. I don't the numbers off the top of my head, but I do know that there were only ever 5, with one having been made into some form of cafe before it was transferred to Rozelle.
Thanks :D Railbus. I seemed recall recall a sixth car, but it's been ages since I saw them. Seems I was wrong :cry:.

Ben
Return Sydney's trams
JAN 26-INVASION DAY
captainch
Favourite Vehicle: was 3533 m/o 687

Post by captainch »

there was a tram done up as a canteen which was to be placed at bondi bch ,but it seams to have disapeared! :roll:
"CAPTAIN.C.H "Lives in the home of "SUGAR CANE' not "chickens" :lol: :lol:.........."INGHAM NTH QLD"
boronia
Favourite Vehicle: Ahrens Fox; GMC PD4107

Post by boronia »

Years ago Waverley Council came up with some idea to actually have a small operating line at Bondi Beach. They got 1808 from a local enthuiast, cosmetically restored it and put it on display in Bondi Junction. They got two other cars from out in the bush and stored them in their depot at Zetland. When the idea fell through, SPER got all 3 cars.

1808 was equipped with W class bogies and control gear and ran in Melbourne for a while, and is now at MOTAT in Auckland.

Is this the tram you were thinking of??
Preserving fire service history
@ The Museum of Fire.
DrArtherGunzel

Post by DrArtherGunzel »

There was to be one or two of the trams in complete running condition when they was put there for storage after time vandals etc got to them a great shame
captainch

Post by captainch »

thats not the tram I was thinking of the one i was talking about had a kitchen built into the middle and was going to be used as a take away shop at bondi beach it was compleate then it was knocked back buy waverlly council then dissapeared! :roll:
"CAPTAIN.C.H "Lives in the home of "SUGAR CANE' not "chickens" :lol: :lol:.........."INGHAM NTH QLD"
boronia
Favourite Vehicle: Ahrens Fox; GMC PD4107

Post by boronia »

DrArtherGunzel wrote:There was to be one or two of the trams in complete running condition when they was put there for storage after time vandals etc got to them a great shame
I think you are confusing with the trams at Rozelle.
Preserving fire service history
@ The Museum of Fire.
Rail Bus

Post by Rail Bus »

captainch wrote:thats not the tram I was thinking of the one i was talking about had a kitchen built into the middle and was going to be used as a take away shop at bondi beach it was compleate then it was knocked back buy waverlly council then dissapeared! :roll:
Could be R 1892 which is now in Newcastle as a Harry's Cafe De Wheels.
captainch

Post by captainch »

no sorry harrys tram was different altogether the one i'm talking about was involved with the rocks street car mob!
Rail Bus

Post by Rail Bus »

Ok, I don't know which one that is, but it's one of the ones still in Rozelle depot.
Rclasstramcar

Post by Rclasstramcar »

Tramtastic wrote:I recall visiting the Public Transport Commission archives, and seeing a list of the trams disposed of. This could now be in State Records at Kingswood (near Penrith) but with so many books, photos and documents destroyed from the P.T.C. and its successor, the State Rail Authority, this list may well have also been a victim of destruction.
If it's a Government document, it'd be at the State Records Office, St. Mary's. Tramstatic, you may be interested to know that ex Sydney N car/Newcastle trailer 620 is part of a home in Cabramatta.

Cheers,
Ben
Return Sydney's trams
JAN 26-INVASION DAY

Return to “Australian Photos, Videos, Sound Clips etc - ARCHIVE”