Proposed route 415 (Stirling to Mirrabooka)

Perth / Western Australia Transport Discussion

Moderators: perthbus, Mr OC Benz

900 series

Proposed route 415 (Stirling to Mirrabooka)

Post by 900 series »

Transperth Website wrote: Transperth is inviting the public to comment on proposed introduction of the new Route 415 between Mirrabooka Bus Station and Stirling Station.

‘Meet the Manager’ at Mirrabooka Square
The consultation sessions At Mirrabooka Square will give the public the opportunity to meet representatives from your local service provider in order to discuss local services.

Representatives from Transperth and Swan Transit will be available to discuss the proposed new service as follows:

Mirrabooka Square
43 Yirrigan Drive, Mirrabooka
2.00pm to 7.00pm
Thursday 19 January 2012

Mirrabooka Square
43 Yirrigan Drive, Mirrabooka
10.00am to 3.00pm
Saturday 21 January 2012

Westfield Innaloo
Ellen Stirling Boulevard, Innaloo
10.00am to 3.00pm
Saturday 28 January 2012

Northlands Plaza
201 Amelia St, Balcatta
2.00pm to 7.00pm
Thursday 2 February 2012

Click here (http://www.transperth.wa.gov.au/Portals ... %20Map.pdf) to download a map of the proposed changes to bus services.

Click here to download a feedback form and email it to transperthplanning@pta.wa.gov.au to provide feedback on these proposed changes before 5.00pm on Friday 20 January 2012. Please note that you will not receive a reply to your submission.

Please visit the Transperth website at http://www.transperth.wa.gov.au to download a map of the proposed changes to bus services.
You can also download a feedback form from the Transperth website and email it to transperthplanning@pta.wa.gov.au to provide feedback on these proposed changes before close of business on Friday 10 February 2012. Please note that you will not receive a reply to your submission.
http://www.transperth.wa.gov.au/Service ... fault.aspx
Italics and hyperlink added by me

While I am supportive of Transperth's recent increases in services, this one raises more questions than I'd (or most stakeholders would, I can imagine) like:

-Frequency?
-Operating Days?
-Timetable Number?
-Which day does the consultation actually close on?

Also, why was this not included in last year's mass Northern Suburbs review?

Edit Also, note that the route map does not include any changes from second-half 2011...
Mr OC Benz
Favourite Vehicle: Anything German

Re: Proposed route 415 (Stirling to Mirrabooka)

Post by Mr OC Benz »

Possibly it is because it is a new route being introduced, not an existing one with changes and will be the first service between Stirling and Mirrabooka in recent times. All other changes have been based on the fact that they were mainly improvements to the route and not a whole new route together. I'm sure we'll find out more. My only guess is it might appear on the Northern 84 timetable. It'll be a Stirling based route.

It says right there. Closes on Friday 10th February 2012.

It probably was still in early planning stages last year and was probably not suitable to be added amongst the other changes as like I said, is a completely new route. But there are other factors such as resource availability.
900 series

Post by 900 series »

Mr OC Benz wrote:It says right there. Closes on Friday 10th February 2012.
Sorry if it sounded like a dumb question - I did read that bit - but the changes also mentioned 20th January (copy&pasted from the 240 changes?) as I indicated in italics. At least now I know...
Mr OC Benz

Post by Mr OC Benz »

Goes to show that proof-reading on the website has fallen into new (and slack) hands or they've stopped completely.
TP-2051

Post by TP-2051 »

I don't know about this new route :) why connect with Stirling from Mirrabooka ???

⁃when you got Connections to Warwick Station (for Perth Services). (20minutes it takes from Warwick to Mirrabooka)
⁃ " " Existing Connections to Perth (from Mirrabooka) via 870 and 888
- Does it connect with existing services such as the 870 and the 365
- when you got connections to Perth (from Stirling 401,402)
- Overall which is faster 415 + Train to Perth via Stirling or 870 to Perth that passengers may have to choose

On the Plus Side of having a route from Stirling to Mirrabooka

- More Services for Balcatta SHS Students along westminster and Nollamara (to Connect with just one Bus). Now 2 buses from Mirrabooka (possible 3)
-Enables for an easy connection to Innaloo Shopping Centre (westfield Innaloo) Possible Karrinyup shopping centre
-possible connection to Scarborough beach from Mirrabooka.
-Alternative of connecting to Perth without going through Balga/Girrawheen

Overall I’m in favor of this route but with cat's concerns they haven't provided the frequecies or the total time destination.
This signature is now retired......
Mr OC Benz

Post by Mr OC Benz »

The introduction of the route has nothing in relation to making a journey from the City to Mirrabooka any quicker, it is more about linking major centres together, providing quality transport, to maximise the convenience to potential passengers. We need more of this 'crosstown' style planning like in the southern suburbs.
TP-2051

Post by TP-2051 »

Yes I agree Mr Benz :) with students from Balcatta using it most direct route, connections to the beach and major shopping centres and i agree with the crosstown style planning now with Directions 2031 (it links communities and regional centres together).
laptop15

Post by laptop15 »

TP-2051 wrote:I don't know about this new route :) why connect with Stirling from Mirrabooka ???

⁃when you got Connections to Warwick Station (for Perth Services). (20minutes it takes from Warwick to Mirrabooka)
⁃ " " Existing Connections to Perth (from Mirrabooka) via 870 and 888
- Does it connect with existing services such as the 870 and the 365
- when you got connections to Perth (from Stirling 401,402)
- Overall which is faster 415 + Train to Perth via Stirling or 870 to Perth that passengers may have to choose

Overall I’m in favor of this route but with cat's concerns they haven't provided the frequecies or the total time destination.
What about people who live along this route and want to go to Mirrabooka for work, shopping, catching up with friends??? Why do you think every one wants to go to the city for? If you look at countless planning documents you will see the government is trying to set up major centres outside the CBD and as OC said this is about linking them...
TP-2051

Post by TP-2051 »

Yeah that's what i'm thinking as well. The City alone has the most workers with 80,000 People working each day , Yes Laptop15 i've had a read of planning documents such as Directions 2031 and livable neighbourhoods nevermind those above comments i'm doing pro's and con's of this route. I said that Mr Benz is Right :) so there nevermind about those comments about the CBD :)
Q4004
Favourite Vehicle: TP's 1149 1511 1521 1559 1565
Location: Swan Transit Beckenham/Canning Vale Contract Area (Thornlie) and Claisebrook Depot

Post by Q4004 »

I think this route could be a better option for passengers using 371 to connect to Mirrabooka from the Joondalup Line
Mercedes Diesel less again :(
900 series

Post by 900 series »

Route 415 will start operating on April Fools' Day this year, alongside the 240 changes:
http://www.transperth.wa.gov.au/Service ... ault.aspx?
(The item isn't yet posted to the News Desk, but does show up on a Google search)

Thankfully my questions from above have been answered mostly satisfactorily:
Transperth Website wrote: As part of Transperth’s ongoing commitment to providing quality, integrated public transport, from Sunday 1 April 2012 Transperth will introduce a new service that will operate between Stirling Station and Mirrabooka Bus Station.

New Route 415 will operate as follows:

Route 415 will operate a Monday to Sunday bus service between Stirling Station and Mirrabooka Bus Station via Cedric Street and Amelia Street / Ravenswood Drive.
Route 415 will serve Stirling Village and Northlands shopping centres.
Route 415 will improve east-west travel options, allowing for more direct journeys with fewer transfers when moving across suburbs.
Route 415 will operate every 15 minutes during weekdays.
Route 415 will operate every 30 minutes on Saturdays and weekday early mornings and nights.
Route 415 will operate every 60 minutes on Sundays.
Route 415 will provide an important link between two large centres, allowing better connections to the train, the Circle Route and destinations out of Stirling, such as Osborne Park.
Route 415 will appear on the Northern 59 timetable.
laptop15

Post by laptop15 »

Nice.
PoweredByCNG
Favourite Vehicle: Mercedes-Benz O 405

Post by PoweredByCNG »

Pretty awesome frequency for a new route, providing a much-needed boost to public transport in the Stirling area.
Proud owner of ex-Transperth 1042 and ex-Transperth 1114.
laptop15

Post by laptop15 »

Is any one else having problems with the TP website?
Mr OC Benz

Post by Mr OC Benz »

New Northern 59 timetable now up showing the new 415 route.

There are also a heap of new timetables effective from 1st April 2012 that are up too, not sure whether there are any changes.
900 series

Timetable Changes @ 1/4/2012

Post by 900 series »

There are minor time changes to routes 381 and 407, extra timing points on route 381 and, as mentioned above, the route change to the 240. Other than that, the rest of the changes should just be stand changes at Mirrabooka and Stirling. http://www.transperth.wa.gov.au/Service ... fault.aspx

There is also a Southern 121 update for 8/4/12, looks like they're just messing with the school day/holiday trips though.

Timetables
SE7

N56
N59
N60
N61
N62
N68
N70
N74
N75
N79