Tasmanian Bus Observations - Dec 2011

Darwin/NT & Tasmania Transport Discussion
yoda

Re: Tasmanian Bus Observations - Dec 2011

Post by yoda »

517 sold to become a camper in Victoria, 518 sold (maybe?), 133 and 130 both seen at the workshops and cleaning bay - possible sales too.
Last edited by yoda on Sat Dec 31, 2011 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tas Bus Nut
Favourite Vehicle: Mercedes Benz O303

Post by Tas Bus Nut »

Well. That's LOTS of notice (1 1/2 weeks) Bet it's advertised in SMALL print somewhere.
yoda

Post by yoda »

Tas Bus Nut wrote:Well. That's LOTS of notice (1 1/2 weeks) Bet it's advertised in SMALL print somewhere.
Don't see it on the website or being tweeted (LOL)
sharp77
Favourite Vehicle: Ansairs and L-1049Gs

Post by sharp77 »

Tas Bus Nut wrote:Well. That's LOTS of notice (1 1/2 weeks) Bet it's advertised in SMALL print somewhere.
I reckon there'd be a massive rage about that, but it's considerably cheaper than the mainland bus services, so I don't understand the complaints.

Also, I spotted a red 1974 Bedford YRT3D2 (rego: DJ4230) doing a school run today and a white 1979 Bedford (rego: EE4517) that does some school runs too, and they're both not in the fleet lists. Does anyone know who the owners are?
royaltiger
Favourite Vehicle: Royal Tiger Worldmaster !

Post by royaltiger »

yodais right it is not even on the website yet. My experience interstate is that it only gets advised at short notice, keeps confusion down. Sydney announced its new fares yesterday applying from 02Jan. Regardless people will still whinge and groan to bus ops.
Love this island!
1whoknows

Post by 1whoknows »

In relation to the school bus sightings above EE 4517 Bedford BLP/CC (79-14 22/6/79) RB53F was one of the batch of Jones bros, Lithgow buses which came to Tassie. It was first owned by Grays Coaches on the eastern shore and at one time was based at Opossum Bay. I have it as being sold to Barrys Bus Charter who had an address in Grasstree Road that I was never able to physically locate (appeared to be a paddock!). I believe the guy is Barry Burke who is/ was married (?) to the Mrs Creswell who has FC 6060 Hino AM100 on a school run at New Norfolk. Been to the house there twice but no one home n either occasion. I believe the Bedford has been seen scooting up one of the side roads off the Derwent Hwy just past Bridgewater Jcn during the AM peak but whether or not it is still Burke's I do not know.

DJ 4230 Bedford YRT3/ CC (74-667 18/5/75) RC49F was new to Wisely Wingham NSW as MO 7287. It came to Tassie for Beaumont's at Latrobe and lasted there for few years before being sold supposedly for a camper.

Perhaps both buses are owned by an indepedent school?

Over to the locals.
"Inside Every Progressive Is A Totalitarian Screaming To Get Out"
David Horowitz.
yoda

Post by yoda »

I have spotted Barry's Bus Charter vehicles parked on Clinton Road quite often.
yoda

Post by yoda »

Sad news today - 521 has been withdrawn from service and will not be hitting the road again for Metro :(

Also, two of the new artic's will be operated from Bridgewater effective yesterday. They will still rotate as per all of the fleet.

Next year will bring in more fleet movements, with DIER contracts specifying non-urban services are to be operated by wheelchair accessible vehicles.
royaltiger

Post by royaltiger »

yoda wrote:Sad news today - 521 has been withdrawn from service and will not be hitting the road again for Metro
Yes, apparently "sold" already. I believe it is going to a charitable organisation in Hobart for use as client transport. May have been donated. So it will still be around, and in time may end up being the last MAN midi still on Hobart streets :!:
Love this island!
royaltiger

Post by royaltiger »

yoda wrote:Also, two of the new artic's will be operated from Bridgewater effective yesterday. They will still rotate as per all of the fleet.
Artics don't rotate, they BEND :lol:
Love this island!
metro_tas
Favourite Vehicle: Anything volvo or leyland

Post by metro_tas »

^^LIKE^^
Tas Bus Nut

Post by Tas Bus Nut »

The 1st 2 of 7 NEW K280 CB60s arrived in Hobart today (29/12/11). Apparently another 2 arrive tomorrow (Fri) and the remaining 3 on Saturday. From 1st January, Commonwealth Legislation (DDA Act) requires non-urban services must be serviced by full-accessible vehicles, and because DIER contracts must comply with state and federal legislation, some NCBC 12.5s will be reallocated to areas like Gordon, Middleton, Woodbridge, Cygnet and Opossum Bay + Wynyard in the NW. I haven't been able to confirm bus numbers yet, however initial reports are #216 > Opossum Bay, #227 > Gordon, #231 > Cygnet. It will be interesting to see what buses ACTUALLY do go to these areas. Rumour also has it the remaining VOVIs will be retired by year's end, however they didn't say WHICH year :lol: :lol:
yoda

Post by yoda »

Tas Bus Nut wrote:The 1st 2 of 7 NEW K280 CB60s arrived in Hobart today (29/12/11). Apparently another 2 arrive tomorrow (Fri) and the remaining 3 on Saturday.
Same body setup as the previous batch (326-329) - front seats and variable A\C controller, but with LED destinations, and a right hand side CCTV camera (as pointed out by royaltiger).
stevegj52
Favourite Vehicle: Volvo Bus & Coaches

Post by stevegj52 »

You won't know yourselves with an extra 50 horses under the right foot :lol: Would have liked to have seen the K280'S under a CB80 :(
Volvo B8R,green efficiency built in
leyland clippers
Favourite Vehicle: Ansair buses & coaches

Post by leyland clippers »

Tas Bus Nut wrote:The 1st 2 of 7 NEW K280 CB60s arrived in Hobart today (29/12/11). Apparently another 2 arrive tomorrow (Fri) and the remaining 3 on Saturday. From 1st January, Commonwealth Legislation (DDA Act) requires non-urban services must be serviced by full-accessible vehicles, and because DIER contracts must comply with state and federal legislation, some NCBC 12.5s will be reallocated to areas like Gordon, Middleton, Woodbridge, Cygnet and Opossum Bay + Wynyard in the NW. I haven't been able to confirm bus numbers yet, however initial reports are #216 > Opossum Bay, #227 > Gordon, #231 > Cygnet. It will be interesting to see what buses ACTUALLY do go to these areas. Rumour also has it the remaining VOVIs will be retired by year's end, however they didn't say WHICH year :lol: :lol:
Saw VOV Mk 1 in service yesterday, however it's not the end of the year yet :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Hobart,The Way Life Should Be
Tas Bus Nut

Post by Tas Bus Nut »

leyland clippers wrote: Saw VOV Mk 1 in service yesterday, however it's not the end of the year yet :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
The last 4 are ALL still in service :lol:
royaltiger

Post by royaltiger »

yoda wrote:and a right hand side CCTV camera (as pointed out by royaltiger).
as shown by him too.....
Attachments
330? 331? 332? 333?... showing off side camera
330? 331? 332? 333?... showing off side camera
IMG_20111229_161301.JPG (98.27 KiB) Viewed 2450 times
Love this island!
royaltiger

Post by royaltiger »

Tas Bus Nut wrote:The last 4 are ALL still in service
Begs the question... will one ever see the streets of Launceston again? I presume they are not seeing action in the school vacation.

One suspects that Hobart's VOV1s will see more use into 2012 as the five new CB60s will not be ready before end of January one would think.
Love this island!
sharp77
Favourite Vehicle: Ansairs and L-1049Gs

Post by sharp77 »

Spotted Fantastic Aussie Tours BCI PK6127 [rego: LTD185] from Katoomba driving up the Domain highway yesterday. According to the fleet lists it has signwriting for LTD Tours, but this one was completely white (unless it is painted on the back).
smurftums
Favourite Vehicle: One that runs...

Post by smurftums »

There are currently four new CB60s at metro as of yesterday. Three more are supposed to arrive today! Two should be assigned to Launceston, the rest to Hobart. According to the mechanic I spoke to, there will be a reshuffling of buses on the 12th of January. It looks like 147 along with the VOV1's will be retired.
Crime doesn't pay, that's what motorists are for...
Tas Bus Nut

Post by Tas Bus Nut »

sharp77 wrote:Spotted Fantastic Aussie Tours BCI PK6127 [rego: LTD185] from Katoomba driving up the Domain highway yesterday. According to the fleet lists it has signwriting for LTD Tours, but this one was completely white (unless it is painted on the back).
Been here for quite a while Matt. On loan to Experience Tasmania, has been for about a year now (assume it goes back during the winter) Stands out with the LTD number plates :mrgreen:
smurftums wrote:There are currently four new CB60s at metro as of yesterday. Three more are supposed to arrive today! Two should be assigned to Launceston, the rest to Hobart. According to the mechanic I spoke to, there will be a reshuffling of buses on the 12th of January. It looks like 147 along with the VOV1's will be retired.
4 Darren. Must have snuck 2 more in when I wasn't watching :lol: Wouldn't have noticed the 1st 2, except for the LED desto caught my eye (and the fact it had the desto "LONDON"). I heard that "up to" #147 would be retired along with the VOVIs, however, can U see that happening :roll: Be interesting to see WHAT does go and what stays in service. Reports are the two M.A.N.s in Burnie are coming home to roost, #515 to remain in service in Hobart, #514 retired :?:
smurftums wrote:there will be a reshuffling of buses on the 12th of January.
Looks like a job for "us nuts" to try and get some reshuffling done :lol: :lol: Who's on holidays and who's off :?: :lol: I think I'm dreaming :roll:
yoda

Post by yoda »

Tas Bus Nut wrote:
smurftums wrote:there will be a reshuffling of buses on the 12th of January.
Looks like a job for "us nuts" to try and get some reshuffling done :lol: :lol: Who's on holidays and who's off :?: :lol: I think I'm dreaming :roll:
I'm off :mrgreen:
Tas Bus Nut

Post by Tas Bus Nut »

ALL 7 NEW CB60s are safe and sound here in Hobart. (must be our Christmas presents) :roll: :lol:
Hornibrook: As soon as numbers are allocated to relevent buses I will PM the VINs. Photographed them ALL today (VINs - save writing them all down) :mrgreen: , however don't know which bus will be which yet, although I DO KNOW which one is #331.

To all those working tonight, HAVE A SAFE AND HAPPY NEW YEAR. Drive safely and I hope NONE of you have any trouble. All the best - TBN
yoda

Post by yoda »

Tas Bus Nut wrote:To all those working tonight, HAVE A SAFE AND HAPPY NEW YEAR. Drive safely and I hope NONE of you have any trouble. All the best - TBN
Only had one person try to pay their fare with two house keys :|

Return to “Discussion - Other States (NT & TAS)”